2h Cadence Witchblade 1.12 million top damage

I’m back to grim dawn after a break I’ve crafted myself a 2h cadence witchblade. I’m writing this as a semiguide but also for some feedback

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0DD9oV

Damage numbers:

campaign: Wrecks absolutely everything

200k-550k against non racial enemies
819 440 top damage dealt probably against undead

Crucible: 170 facetaked with very minimal kiting with 4 buffs

Top damage dealt: 1.12 million juicy physical damage

Ravager of minds: Facetanked with ease after prebuffing with the usual potions and adjusting gear. This was my first time ever killing him. Health loss was comfortable until 50% hp then a bit hectic but still managable with couragous tincures

Anti Ravager setup:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlKKj52

Mogdrogen: I killed him before Ravager. This was super difficult fight and took way longer than Ravager. Base setup is used with Ultos amulet and MoD + Solarstorm Augments from Homestead to reach 91+ about 100 lightning resist. My health fluctuated wildly much more than with ravager. My first kill for this badboy as well. I was too lazy to really optimize for him. The saving grace for this fight is he constantly spawns adds to leech from.

Despite all this I feel it needs some optimization. Crucible went very well but it went much better with a vanguard banner. The build is severely crippled by low OA and ramps up it’s damage output tremendously with increased OA. I’m at a loss where to get more without losing elemental resists. Paper OA looks fantastic but this is artificially inflated by procs with a way too long cooldowns

The belgothian sigil ring is probably not that great but I feel I need the attack speed.

The belt slot: Mythical Gladiator’s Distinction is an option?

Skills: I’d like to ramp up DPS even more but I’m at a loss where to put the points. I used fighting spirit as a point dump after hard capping capping break morale but that cooldown is far too long. Even with my medal choice it’s way too long.

Any thoughts from the reigning experts welcome :smiley:

I would play it like that. More hp, more OA, better devotion map and a metric tonn more physical damage. For mana you gotta swap to Arcane Spark in medal.

Hi,

Sounds about right. WB leviathan should consistently do 7:30 crucible. The version I know of had Gladiator belt. Second rite flat+IT is pretty crazy.

There wre also some Cronley ring(s) involved for more consistent attack speed.

Hungering void…no comments here:p, there is already a thread about it. My personal opinion Oleron bound to Cadence all the way. Clears consitently and brutally(550/600K crits average ). Had same results as JoV and Tora with it. Again, personal opinion, not looking for a debate here.

More importantly, on Cadence builds, I never recommend getting ZT & MA with 2h and 1h because the animation fucks up your Attack speed flow. Epecially when you use both a the same time. My advice here is drop MA and keep ZT

1 Like

TRIGGERED

Just joking, mate :slight_smile:

Interesting. I’m literally shocked at the paper damage numbers. I t was very difficult for me to go over 43k weapon damage with all buffs. You got 46k and more OA. I went though multiple devotion routes trying to make oleron’s devotion work before settling on my current one. I’m not quite ready to give up on my devotion path because:

A) hey it works. I did blow through 170 and in a much safer and more consistent fashion than any of my previous builds. B) 7% LL without ghoul is alarmingly low compared to by 16% base. C) didn’t they nerf falcon completely to oblivion like 8 patches ago? D) 40% crit damage and 10% speed from dying god. I love this too much.

I spent a lot of time theorycrafting with Gladiator’s distinction vs Olneron’s belt. I literally calculated how much flat weapon damage I’m losing from not getting 1 extra point in cadence and fighting form Losing 1 to soldier skills losting crit damage and so on. Oleron’s belt always seemed to come out on top. But the extra OA always kept it very close. I’ll give it a test.

I like the ring suggestion The stats on that thing are obscene. I completely overlooked it.

I’ll keep you updated on how it goes fiddle around with augments ( I noticed that potent coven terror) and try to work in the eye of beronath. That seems to be the biggest DPS gain here.

@ superfluff I just noticed your reply as I was replying to mad_lee I really like the idea of the Olneron devotion I honestly do. is it really great? 70% WD and some IT/bleed

And flat dmg and lots of %phys and phys and flat/it from rhowan very consistent AoE with that 70% WD when you use 2h.

Try this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aw5okZ

This GT is a result of a discussion between JoV and Tora and it had some insane results. Itis very offense oriented but keeps just enough defensive measures to survive with flying colors.

Also has 5K more flat phys dmg in GT from 27K to 32K.

edit: or 37K vs 33K with all buffs on

That devotion setup looks legit. when theory crafting my build I expremented with something almost identical somehow working in solemn watcher and panther but not getting the final IT node on Oleron.

I will test it out because I was kind of torn between this and my current devotion setup. Before reading the feedback, days ago when theory crafting I decided having 40% more crit damage and 10% more speed (albeit 66% uptime) would be better 3k paper physical damage (all gear being equal) and I kind of viewed a oleron as a redudndant trash removal skill superceeded by doom (way more AoE) or even charge. I was perhaps mistaken in this assessment.

I do use grim tools nowadays but I’ve resolved not to cheat in double rare uber greens. I use it for components and managing legit self found gear. So I can’t precisely follow that GT link to the letter. Damage will suffer :slight_smile:

You mean you use GD stash?

Yep. GD stash indeed. I’m currently on a super long shift sleep deprived at work that will confuse the two :slight_smile: I basically use it so save myself the agony of farming attuned loadstones and midlessly grinding down carraxus to get rotten hearts from the coven for various recipices.

Here is my 2H Cadance Witchblade btw
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDQQnwN
I am too lazy to play without Bard’s harp xD

I mainly do main campaign with him, perhaps I will try some cruci and stuff later and make a thread about him

So you like numbers in my setup but you still don’t wanna test it :slight_smile:

It would be interesting to hear how it does vs the setup Fluff has provided. I wonder if Oleron’s Blood’s skill from component is game changer in terms of total dps or just nah.

Can easily be a seal of might. I guess the player engoyed a double hit (cadence+oleron) to pound a boss fast and minor AS.

Which character is the best with the highest physical damage?

Hey guys had a busy week so far IRL and properly testing builds does take some time.

Anyway I tried a quasi-fluff setup for my devotions like so:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqRyD5N

I hate to say it but Oleron just sucks. (please don’t hate me everybody :wink: )

Pros:

The combination of crab and the extra 4% physical damage (up to 54% without ghoul) made me way more survivable I cleared 170 on 5/5 attempts. I facetanked double reapers, and survived situations that would have otherwise killed me

Cons:

Mana regen is painful even with the crucible blessings and arcane spark. Campaign is mana regen is an absolute nightmare. IMHO inspiration is mandatory especially if we take the additional mana hit by maxing out second rite. It’s a quality of life issue.

DPS consistent 500-600k cadence strikes but it felt way slower than my original devotion setup. Dying god is just way too amazing. I definitely noticed the slower attack speed and not having the 40% crit damage

The Oleron devotion proc… meh… trash removal at best. The increased DoT damage is hard to quantify. Trash always melted instantly regardless and against real enemies (ie nemesis) the proc does nothing. IMHO all you need is doom really to have wide scale AoE trash disposal. They really should boost it to 300% weapon damage. All the other devotions costing this much offer way more DPS.

Less life leech. I was tankier overall but I would still get burst down and healing suddenly became way more difficult. I could no longer just refill my entire health bar with 1 cadence vs 1 enemy.

Maybe with that sweet ring and boots (thus allowing use of the peerless eye of beronath) the damage could be better? But I’m trying to use realistic gear