2h Lightning Warder - Newbie and self-found guide

Hello people, I’m sharing my character build here. This is by no means the best (or even good build) but considering this is my first play through, I’m sharing this for people who wants to play lightning warder. This build use no legendary sets yet, because I haven’t found any. This is meant for people who is transitioning from Normal/Veteran to Elite, or Elite to Ultimate. This is NOT an end game build

Grimtools build: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYzRe26

Some ingame pictures, because the number is not calculated correctly in any tool:

Head: Praetorian Faceguard (Sanctified Bone)
Shoulders: Praetorian Shoulderguard (Silk Swatch)
Chest: Praetorian Chestguard (Chains of Oleron)
Main hand: Empowered Alvarick’s Rebuke (Amber / Potent Outcast’s Thunder (Outcasts))
Hands: Tempest Exalted Vambraces (Unholy Inscription)
Waist: Sash of the Immortal Sage (Antivenom Salve / Outcast’s Warding Powder (Outcasts))
Legs: Boneweave Leggings (Silk Swatch / Demonbane Powder (Kymon’s Chosen))
Feet: Resistant Exalted Treads of Scorched Ends (Mark of the Traveler)
Amulet: Bramblewood Amulet (Soul Shard / Empyrion’s Touch (Kymon’s Chosen))
Rings: Imperial Signet of Arcane Balance (Corpse Dust / Kymon’s Vision (Kymon’s Chosen))
Rings: Impervious Imperial Signet of the Basilisk (Corpse Dust / Kymon’s Vision (Kymon’s Chosen))
Medal: [Incorruptible Star of the Fox](http://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=Incorruptible Star of the Fox) (Wardstone)
Relic: Mistborn Talisman

Grimcalc build (with +skills)
Grimcalc build (without +skills)
Click here to view equipment configuration

The general direction is to maximize resistance while dishing out enough damage. Legendary items are found on quest, green items are bought from vendor, epic items are just luck.

I use Praetorian set because it gives good resistance and absorption, despite being only a level 50 set, it fares well even against level 80 mobs.

My favorite weapon, Alvarick’s Rebuke, can be found easily because it is only a level 40 epic, the Empowered version is level 75. It gives good lightning conversion, add the Amber component for best result. And to top it off, +1 to all shaman skills

The Boneweave leggings seem to be out of place, but it gives pretty good resistance, and the Sigil of Consumption trigger gives pretty good health regen. Even if it does only 100 damage per second, 40% of that convert to health, meaning you can get 40 health regen per second, and you can have 2 sigils out at a time, hitting 4-5 enemies = 160-200 health regen per second.

My only lucky drop, Sash of the Immortal Sage, I just have one thing to say about it

(no I don’t have any edit skill)

Constellation explanation:

• Hawk: for OA, Kraken and Behemoth
  • Viper: for OA, resistance reduction, Kraken and Behemoth
  • Behemoth: massive HP and regen boost, for Kraken as well
  • Kraken: because you are going 2h
  • Crane: minor stat and resistance, for Ulo
  • Owl: minor stat and damage, for Crown and Chariot
  • Widow: good resistance reduction
  • Tempest: we only have points for 6 nodes, give good lightning damage boost
  • Ulo: 3 points for the celestial power, minor resistance as well
  • Rhowan’s Crown: 3 points for celestial power, massive resistance reduction, minor damage boost
  • Chariot of the Dead: 5 points for massive OA boost.

Celestial power binding:

• Giant’s blood - on any aura
  • Arcane bomb - on Savagery
  • Elemental storm - on wind devil
  • Cleansing water - I bind it on Feral hunger for now, but will switch to war cry in future (no points in war cry yet)

Skills explanation:

Most skills should be self-explanatory. I take one point in wind devil and one point in storm totem just for the fun of it. Wind devil + elemental storm + storm totem can clear trash mobs without you doing anything, and they can clear even range mobs. If you haven’t known yet, my control is really bad so making me run around cleaning range trash mobs will take me quite a bit of time.

I focus on passive skills that give AoE damage because Savagery is only single target, and I need something to clear trash mobs on the way to boss.

A few points are invested in Fighting Spirit because most stat points are put into physique, meaning I need more sources of OA to crit to make the best use of Stormcaller’s Pact crit damage. As long as Fighting Spirit trigger, crit will come.

The game play video (you can just watch the first 5 minutes where I kill some bosses, the rest are just running around clearing trash)

Game play is relatively easy, just place down 2 totems, summon wind devil, then whack away. DO NOT panic if mobs take down some of your HP, as totem and feral hunger will heal you up.

The bad thing about this build is that EVERY fight will take 1-2 seconds for you to power up your savagery.

The good thing is you can face tank pretty much anything (not on ultimate nemesis yet) except mad queen (actually you can face tank mad queen on veteran, but it takes forever to kill her)

Leveling path
You can start with either soldier or shaman. With soldier, choose blade arc as main attack, with shaman it’s primal strike.

Try to keep high amount of mastery for stats and HP. The general consensus is to have 40/30 mastery at level 40, and 50/40 at level 50. After that you can just max out your skills.

At level 40 or 50 you can respec into the Savagery path, as blade arc or primal strike fall short around this level.

Try to finish normal/veteran at level 50, do all the possible quests for Outcast, that should get your reputation to honored - near revered. Also they conflicts with Black Legion so you want to get their reputation first before you focus on black legion on later difficulty (but don’t kill Outcast)

Affiliate with Kymon Chosen as they offer best lightning augment.

Try to finish elite at level 75, since most end game items are level 75, you might want them before getting into ultimate.

If you somehow fall short on level, you can grind Bastion of Chaos, Ashen Waste or Forsaken Waste. They offer the most exp ratio.

Also it helps to play 2 characters at the same time as they can compliment each others with item as well as components, however, that is not compulsory.

Try to visit all NPC shops each time you go back to town, they might sell good green items you want (mainly rings, badges or boots)

This is the end of the guide, hope you find it satisfying for a change among the other level 85 guides

For warder such low hp pool is a almost crime.

Nice build considering its your first playthrough
There is some parts in skill tree that needs a little tweaking
like removing points in Feral Hunger and Upheaval since it only procs at DEFAULT attacks meaning it doesnt work when you use savagery

Feral Hunger and Upheaval proc with Savagery as it is considered as a “default” attack

Feral Hunger and Upheaval do work with Savagery i think you wanted to say Primal Strike.

Other than that really damn good job considering it is your first character. I assume you checked stuff and other builds beforehand to get some base ideas.
Regardles if i were to compare my first character to yours… Oh boy lol.

Yes Im doing a Primal Strike Warder and Im frustrated when I discover it doesnt proc in Primal Strike and it made me think “Just what is considered default attack?” Then I just assume that Default attacks mean the unmodified attack.
Thanks for clearing it tho.

Haha same here my first character is a cancer

Yeah some guys did tell me that I would want every resistances at 80, and I just keep doing that for as long as possible