2h ranged VS dw ranged

Hi,
from my experience dual wield pistols is always better than using a rifle/crossbow.
For example playing a purifier: When dual wielding you have more wps proc,
more devotion proc and more item support.
Is there any case using a rifle/crossbow is better?!

Purifiers procs work with 2h ranged too. And they work better due to extra multipliers and overall more %weapon dmg. =) Its actualy possible to reach 200% IAS on 2H ranged Ulzuin purifier build.

2h WPS has more weapon damage? When using DW you attack with both weapons…
What are Multipliers?

Over the last 6 months I had seen opinions ranging from dw ranged being much better than 2h to claims that 2h has way too many sweet transmuters and it’s unfair towards DW, so I just don’t know anymore :rolleyes:

I have recently found some pieces of the Mythcical Ulzuin’s set and was wondering if it would be worth switching my current build to a 2H instead of DW if I could locate the rest of the set. Seems like I would have to retool a lot of the build for more straight damage than procs, but I haven’t been playing long, so I don’t really have the experience in the game to know if that is the case.

When dual-wielding you get more procs (double weapons means double components, WPS and effects), but with 2handing you have a lot higher weapon damage, which scales insanely with WPS-damage. I think Purifiers have a good reason to go with 2 guns, because of inquisitors dual pistol skill and double explosive shot/brimstone from demo. Vindicators on the other hand have almost no reason not to go with 2handed ranged weapons, as shamans get very good bonuses to every vital stat. On Tactician and the other class combos I really can’t tell

On tacticians where you use Cadance, you want dual wield aswell. You attack faster and have chance to hit with both guns at the same time -> More Cadance blows

They both have pros and cons. 2h is much harder to reach 200% IAS but gets access to powerful/useful transmuters from fire strike and savagery (+flat lightning passive on shaman).

Ulzuin 2h set already been mentioned but it gets very nice weapon damage and the % damage modifier from fire strike transmuter. Really powerful alternative.

I like big guns which need 2 hands to hold them so 2h ranged.