2H - Warder - Gutsmasher - Physical&Bleed

I need a few advice and opinions about a build I’m trying to tune up.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2MJ3OmV

• Where should I put my last 5 devotion points? (atm I put them in stag and crane for resistances)
  • Can you make some suggestions for MI items to maybe swap out the boots and pants with something better.
    Or anything else you can think of, please share.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRl8pB2

My grimtools for reference. That’s pure bleed so you don’t really follow that. Just get some ideas. just refer to it if you need some tweaking. Anyways unless you missed some really good devotion (Kraken/Rend/Manticore/Mogdrogen) then yeah, just patch resists. Can’t really view your devotions cause am on mobile.

You don’t really need MI pants/boots if you already have good resists, which you have in your grimtools. In fact, if you have good resists already then Legendary>MI all the time.

As for your skill distribution, leave mog’s pact at 1 pt then max heart of the wild instead. Swarm should be at 16/16. Zolhan>Markovian for 2h. Decorated soldier should be at 1pt, then Scars of battle at 8/8. Dump points to Warcry. Brute force at 1pt cause you’ll have loads of health with heart of the wild and you don’t need the lightning. Dump points to Storm touched for atk speed.

What are you going for on Badge of mastery? You don’t need that. Guthook belt/reforged chains of oleron on belt. Gives far better bonuses

Yes, I have: Kraken, Rend, Mogdrogen and I can put the last 5 points in Manticore to get Acid Spray. But I don’t see the point: all I’m seeing is +acid and poison dmg, which does nothing for me?
I’ve redistributed some of the points as you’ve said. Ty.
I picked badge mastery because it looked to me the best fit.

Manticore doesn’t just give acid/poison damage, it reduces all resists by 28 flat at max rank.

You could perhaps go for something like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GG6vX2

Hmm, didn’t know that. And for that alone is worth picking even for no acid/poison builds? :eek:

Looks interesting! And somehow you’ve manged to squeeze even blitz for mobilty!

Reduced resists should always be your #1 priority. The fact that some monsters have no bleed resist doesn’t mean you can ignore it completely. Undead creatures are almost immune to bleed, you can still reduce their resists, though. Generally, most monsters have 18% resist vs. bleed, and if you manage to get, for example, 100% bleed RR, you deal 82% increased damage. So you’ll not hit for 100k per tick, but 182k per tick.

A’right, I can’t argue with that math.

But does choosing Manticore have any value when you already have Break Morale?

Manticore debuffs phys and bleed resist. Break Morale only physical

Ah, yes, obviously. My bad :stuck_out_tongue:
Edited build with Manitcore: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gvYyvN

How does this character hold up against reflective enemies btw? I used to have a blood damage char that absolutely needed Berserker and Solemn Watcher to not die of my own bleed dot.

I really don’t know. I don’t hit reflective monsters when I see their aura up. I wait to run out and then hit hard them as I can after.
That’s common sense in GD :smiley:

DoT builds just die. No jokes, my bleed character, even if re-built to super defensive state, dies. Bleed duration reduction doesn’t help.

God i hate reflect… Even Reflect damage reduction doesn’t help in some cases.

And its not a L2P situation either, its easy to accidentally hit a reflect before you know its even there. Also most reflects do nothing until the one that comes along and absolutely wrecks you lol.

I have an old 2h phy/bleed HC Warder and find its probably better to go full bleed or go full phy/IT. Easier for devotions this way, don’t need acid spray or all the bleed devotions as phy/It and don’t need to cast DS constantly either, That slows you down somewhat.

I wish Primal Bond had something else damage wise for this, some AS or CD or OA… Anything. I never see it get used much.

Yes, Primal Bond is kind of lackluster. Me thinks because it was also designed as a “pet” skill, the devs can’t/won’t buff it further.