[Melee Aether] Theodin's Disciple - DW Fleshwarped Strikes Spellbinder

This is a very generic and easy to figure out build based on the brand new Auto-attack replacer Fleshwarped Strike granted by the new MI dropped by Theodin Marcell a.k.a Shaper of Flesh.

Before anyone else talks about the lack of Aether Spellbreakers or Aether Reapers,check this thread out.

Screenshots -

1. Clairvoyant Setup-

[spoiler]

*Screenshot with Hungering Void, Souls Harvest, Mindwarp and Moment of Clarity

Grimtools - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwg4M8Z[/spoiler]

2. korsar’s Setup

[spoiler]

*Screenshot with Arcane Will, Mindwarp and Hungering Void

Grimtools - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BGJJzV
Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtPZuyZ4osA[/spoiler]

FAQ-

Would Haunt and Blademaster’s Talisman work?

Yes both of the relics are good but Belgothian’s 1 second reset is much more valuable to a CDR build such as this one.

Why not use Decree of Aldritch or Magelord Rings?

Magelord rings and Decree of Aldritch are a net DPS loss and therefore are not BiS.

Why not go with Imp and Solemn Watcher on the Clairvoyant Setup?

Now korsar’s devotion uses these his overall setup gives you extra defenses, I personally didn’t feel like losing out on some extra attack speed that I get from my current setup. Go with whichever one you feel comfortable with.

What is more preferable Clairvoyant or Krieg?

Personally I have no opinion regarding either of them. They are both solid end game sets. Krieg set is much more easier to farm and therefore is the best one to suggest for NEW PLAYERS. But for anyone having both sets I’d suggest try both and go with what you want

Do I need any specific affix on the set?

Not really you can easily make a good end game build around this item with any crap affix you get. To prove a point I’ll attach a screen and a GT link using a crappy rolled weapon inside the spoiler tags below.

[spoiler]
GT link - http://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQRQkl2

[/spoiler]

In Closing-

Be sure to checkout korsar’s take on the concept.

The build is indeed pretty straightforward but I figured I might as well post a guide for those interested in building around this item. I am glad Fleshwarped Strikes got added to the game as it works not only with Aether but with Vitality as well

Overall it’s a fun build and I hope you guys enjoy it.

(Reserved)

Reserved just in case

You beat me to post this build :smiley:
What I’ve noticed - Fleshwarped Strikes is very nice auto-attack replacer, much better that Beronath’s Fury and Necro WPS are good dps increase.
BiS scepter is Void-Touched of Conflagration, it looks like this:

About your broken gt links - try to remove space at the end of the link.

nice to see the weapon in action already…

quite sad though that we did not get an equivalent weapon for the Chthonians, a tentacle weapon would have been perfect! now I feel sorry for this faction already! :stuck_out_tongue:

seriously great build guys, and a looks fun! :wink:

There’s a distinct lack of spellbreakers in here.

Chthonians are probably the least loved faction in the game where everything turns around Aetherials. Even though Chthonians have the best story, best nemesis, more disciplined and fight for a just cause in terms of celestial affairs. I hope there will be more focus on them in the future, as they truly are a gem on this game in lore and the atmosphere they give to the overall gameplay.

Chthonians are probably the least loved faction in the game where everything turns around Aetherials. Even though Chthonians have the best story, best nemesis, more disciplined and fight for a just cause in terms of celestial affairs. I hope there will be more focus on them in the future, as they truly are a gem on this game in lore and the atmosphere they give to the overall gameplay.

You’re awfully into aether builds, dead god.

Some of the mortals claim that Empyrion had returned, but I know for certain he’s merely a pretender.

Aren’t you one as well, “Chthon”?

If this existed it should be a big vagina, like Aetherials has a big dildo-weapon :smiley:

Wouldn’t it make sense to have at least one different weapon component here? You are not converting any physical damage, so maybe Haunted Steel or Seal of BLades (or even Seal of Might)?

Seal of Might converts aether to physical.
If you feel luck of life steal - Haunted steel then. Or something with stun resist if you like to see all resistances capped.

Yeah a vagina-shaped shield, yeah what the fuck is wrong with me…

BiS setup - Magestorm of Fury Scepter

Of Alacrity actually gives more attack speed than Of Fury since they removed the total speed from the high level Of Fury suffixes. So if you’re taking Of Fury solely for attack speed, which I’d imagine you are, then Of Alacrity will actually be better and make the scepter easier to farm.

Nah GT links don’t load at all. Nothing to do with spaces, more like the “database” takes forever to load

Nice setup has 10k more sheet DPS than mine (assuming the setup includes temporary procs like Arcane Will, otherwise it has a lot more DPS)’

That Scepter you have is insane, on GT link it increased my damage with those affixes.
Grats on getting the drop

Judging by Zantai’s Avatar I am investing into the theory that crate are aetherials in disguise

Not kidding, I want more diversity for Chaos builds

Don’t expect a lowly Demi-God to understand the complex machinations of a Primordial.

What indeed :eek:

Removed the bit about BiS scepter cause the comments are confusing me and I can’t say for certain w/o testing
Btw, I think it was fluff who clarified that the total speed got added to Cast Speed. I never checked it myself and always considered it to be a display bug’

Hope they reconsider this particular decision as CS is much easier to stack than AS in me experience

Ty btw

BTW,
Guide updated
Removed non-DG proc screenshot
Added screens and GT links for all setups

Merry Christmas to all of you :wink:

It’s with Hungering void only. Void+Arcane will up show 98k sheet dps. Just bc of those crazy affixes.

About Time Dilation - sad, but it doesn’t work with passive activated skills
which Hungering void is.
Oops, wrong. It works.

And Merry Christmas, Chthon :slight_smile:

Hey man, sorry for the stupid question but what does the warning non-legit character mean exactly?

Isnt Mark of Dreadblade WPS a dmg loss? I didn’t tested it, but it looks really bad on paper.

It’s mean that item spawned using 3-part program for theorycrafting purpose. Impossible to farm these affixes in only 2 days.

It’s not WPS.

But i assume the build would still work well even if u dont get these perfect rolls right?