[1.0.7.1] Radioactive Disco Pony - DW Malakor Auramancer/Proc Deceiver - 9min 151-170

RADIOACTIVE DISCO PONY

OVERVIEW

So we all know about Malakor, the new cool guy who just got his mace blessed by some mysterious force only known by the name Zantai. He suddenly became able to whack people using enormous strength and summon giant snowflakes that are dangerous to step on. Malakor feels like he’s able to do just about anything so he decided to try being someone that just glows so bright and beautiful even the Reapers of Cairn look at him with awe. He also found a mysterious helmet said to be worn by the god Empyrion, which he used to make more people notice him and his glowing beauty. Little did he know he was so bright that those who would dare look at him would burn to crisps. He’d try to make friends by shouting but his Words just make them feel more pain. In the end only the demigod Lokarr is able to look at Malakor face to face and he’s still angry Malakor killed all his pets just by coming to his place.

THE BUILD

Grimtools: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPlErPZ

With Word of Renewal and BoD. DPS is for Aether Corruption so don’t mind it

So basically we take max advantage of the increased censure damage and RR on Malakor by getting Gaze of Empyrion to increase Censure radius (and moar damage). The rest are procs, more procs and defenses. Clears trash like crazy, even non-nemesis bosses fall easily. The hardest waves are 160/170 (surprise?) where you need to kite and position yourself well to avoid any danger, it’s key for any build not relying on lifesteal. Build has ample defenses with Censure/Seal + Phoenix/Turtle/Crab + BoD/Renewal and some Oa shred on pox. Credits to Ptiro for the devotion route (got this on my previous build)

VIDEO (9:10 clear)- This was 3rd run with 6 mins left on the clock so I had to buy buffs after 160. If you’re on a better pc you won’t have this issue and can do straight 3 runs, probably.

//youtu.be/NdVm-6YjLz0

Gearing is pretty simple. Get 2 Malakors, A helm, Direwolf and then stuff everything with procs. Amulet was chosen to boost RR - we have 153% elemental RR in total, really high for a tri-element build. Green boots is not necessary, you can use Ill omens or Stormtitans which is basically the same, but I like my OA… You can also try going for Ekket’zul horns + Tainted Ruby of Gar’dal for max radioactivity.

Gameplay is just waiting for mobs to come to you. Many of them die by just looking at your splendor. For the harder ones, cast the combo (CoF>Word>Aether corruption>pox, seal where you’re standing) then they melt. Sidestep and kite when it comes to nemeses.

CLOSING

Credits to Grzybas who made the first AoM auramancer build (Human torch Tactician) and to Superfluff who made the first auramancer Deceiver (with Cataclysm). Thanks for reading!

I need to see a video of that beauty!

BTW, it’s not Malakor, it’s Malakor’s youngest brother - Malakor Jr. - exciled from the house of Malakor for using their famous family weapons for the purpose of wretched witchcraft and not glorious and simple melee combat. He is rumoured to be renting an appartment with one of the young returned Ascended mages in Steelcap District’s rebuilding Rainbow Quarter.

If you added Cataclysm it would look very familiar:p Though I only had Bargol core back then for more RR and not Malakor

i have a purifier that is similar :smiley: Except focus is pure fire. Pretty OP. That weapon wont stay as it is for long lol

VIDEO IS ADDED!

BTW, it’s not Malakor, it’s Malakor’s youngest brother - Malakor Jr. - exciled from the house of Malakor for using their famous family weapons for the purpose of wretched witchcraft and not glorious and simple melee combat. He is rumoured to be renting an appartment with one of the young returned Ascended mages in Steelcap District’s rebuilding Rainbow Quarter.

I KNOW YOU LOVE AND RESPECT MALAKOR BUT DON’T BE ASHAMED OF WHAT HIS FAMILY IS DOING. THIS ISN’T WRETCHED WITCHCRAFT. RAINBOWS AND SPARKLES ARE BEAUTIFUL, AND YOU WILL AGREE WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

Well, yeah. This is basically your build -Cataclysm +another Malakor. I decided to explore what I could do with 45% extra RR from double Malakor +conduit and arrived to this.

How do you even nerf this without making it unplayable again? I kinda want Malakor to stay, tbh.

It’s broken, letting it stay is the first step on the slippery slope towards everything being like it and then everyone will be bored to death. Or at least I will be.

It’s definitely broken, but so is mirror and that is still around

9 min on an auramancer phew… malakor needs to stay. sick top notch melee and auras.

btw, how do you pull off that kiting with zero slow res and vigor at 3/10?

EDIT:also, I think cindertouch gloves proc is better. been using it a lot lately. and it would do sth about that oa (at the cost of health)

tfw both Leshrac and Malakor are a little busted in their respective games at the same time.

Match made in heaven!

Sadly Malakor really doesn’t seem to have much taste in fashion.

There’s a difference between broken that I like and broken that I don’t like :p. If Crate also sees it as broken and nerfs Malakor then I won’t complain. But I won’t be the one wishing for it.

Well, it’s a combination of intermittent kiting (notice I don’t really run away, just sidestepping every now and then. It messes up movements of the bigger nemeses), balls (I do run away as much as I can when I panic) and having enough defenses to survive tanking during the initial slow burst. Reaper slow is casted 3s after fight start then lasts for 6s. If you can survive that first 6s then you’ll be kiting without worries until he uses the next slow attack which is 10s after that. That’s plenty of time to kill reaper.

EDIT:also, I think cindertouch gloves proc is better. been using it a lot lately. and it would do sth about that oa (at the cost of health)

Cindertouch is a dps loss. We have 500 more fire mod than lightning and if we convert fire on censure and fissure (2 of our main dmg source) then we lose damage.

Lesh is strong now? Man, I miss dota. Haven’t played in years already.

Sadly Malakor really doesn’t seem to have much taste in fashion.

Well he kills people just by making them look at him. Guess why they die.

I should probably intentionall make an ugly illusion for this build.

Good to know. Thx

Right. I forgot that the helmet and jewelry give no %lightning.

Oh, the lag and picture quality on that video make me sad :undecided:

I just make it in my mind that it lags because even the pc burns itself looking at Malakor.

Seriously 1 month or so and I’ll probably get a GPU for my new rig so I can finally play on a better machine.

I like the auramancer concept. I hope they go easy on Malakor when the time comes. Maybe they’ll just tweak the elemental damage mod.

Just pick Nyx and ward his jungle, lol

Can someone explain to me why the mace is OP. I dont get it

-15% elemental resistance to aura of censure.

U use 2

And it breaks even more an already broken skill

This game is built around resistances reduction.
Aura of Censure weakens every enemy in its range by ~30% depending on your setup.
2x Malakor give this aura 30% extra resistance reduction and it’s completely godlike buff to overall offensive potential of the character.

45 % RR at 22/12. And that mace provide +3 to Censure. Also, procs stack.
So, by dual-wielding them you reduce enemy elemental resistance by 75%. And push your mace Weapon dmg to two-hander. And you dual-wield them.
It gets out of hand for Soldier and even more out of hand for Infiltrator, as you burn your enemies with just passive dmg and floating procs.

Come on now, 6:33 150-170 clear for a melee build is not out of hand. More like “mediocre so let’s give Tacticians a dedicated set to support dual Malakors”, at this level.