A bunch of noob questions

uh… look at the calc again for green gloves and boots, they don’t exist past 70 faction items. alacrity, celerity, and numerous other suffixes + affixes don’t appear in the list of options for greens. its incomplete. i’m not talking about whats in my inventory.

It’s correct. These are all base green gloves. There are no 90 level base green gloves. Green at 90 level gloves comes from rare affixes. Same with boots.

Here they are. Could you explain what you mean? Give some example?

fucks sake. nvm. i had the white + yellow turned off so… yeah. chaos ensued. didn’t know whites could be made green through affixes and suffixes and all that whatnot madness.

foooorrrgeeeeeeeetttttttt
hypnotize%20trippy

Some mad people even call greens / MIs with 2 rare affixes “triple rares” :crazy_face: :stethoscope: :hospital:

@Maska322

2 Likes

Even Zantai is using it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Rare item, rare prefix, rare suffix - how is it not a triple rare. :rofl:

Sure but if we follow this convention, a double rare could be

• a MI / rare with one rare affix
  • a common/magic with two rare affixes

which is a bit confusing.

jesus, i just graduated to common item lol. stop with this triple rare madness. miss me with that nonsense.

hey guys. still noob in need of help.

The order of events for Conversion is as follows: Base Skill > Skill Modifiers > Conversion on the Skill or Transmuter > Conversion on Equipment and Buffs > Equipment, Auras and Passives

so thats what the wiki says yet i’m still not 100% certain. if i have an item that changes all fire to cold on a skill for example, yet gear that changes all cold back to fire, which element will i get? also what is the last part referring to (equipment, auras and passives)? i get auras i think, but equipment is already listed which confuses me, and i don’t know what passives are.

Your skill will do cold damage. Item skill modifier conversions and Skill transmuters go first and cancel global conversions that you get from gear. However, if you have an item that converts fire to cold to X skill, but also have a skill modifier that gives flat cold dmg to that skill while having global cold to fire conversion via gear, that flat cold from the modifier will get converted to fire. The base fire dmg will still get converted to cold though.

I think skill modifiers and transmuters with conversion split the dmg types to 50/50, but don’t quote me on that.

1 Like

how does phys res stack, i’m guessing multiplicative? also how does it interact with incoming damage, i’m guessing it takes effect after armor? then theres damage absorption. iirc i read somewhere that only the highest source counts and its multiplicative as well for all damage types?

Order of defense in official guide

1 Like

alright so i’m looking at darkblaze source amulet, it converts 100% acid to chaos on blood of dreeg. BoD is a buff, so does this conversion effect all other skills that have acid damage?

also do DAR effect each other? can i use both righteous fury and savagery and benefit from both 115% + 155% weapon damage bonuses to all my attacks? seems unlikely but would be sweet lol. i’m thinking at least you can use one of those and fire strike since they are different.

Yes all of your acid damage gets converted to chaos.

1 Like

No, it only converts the acid damage dealt by BoD, why else would it specifically mention BoD…

Then why does Flame touched with gargabol pistol convert storm totem to vitality without using the transmuter. I’m pretty sure it is global conversion cause it’s a buff not a damaging ability like vindictive flame.

Gargabol’s gun does not do that, the totem continues to deal Lightning damage.

Simple thought process; consider it not as modifier like other damaging skill instead just an add. BoD is a buff, using that amulet adds those features to that buff. So while it’s active, it provides you +%8 AS and global %100 acid>chaos conversion as extra among other stats on the main skill and AotG.

It does change Totem from lightning to vitality because it’s global conversion. Damaging skills are the ones where their conversion only affects them, conversions in toggled buffs and healing skills are global.

If it does, then the tooltip does not reflect that