A Community Hello! + I'm a Big Dumb Idiot who's dead set on an 'off meta' build. Tips Appreciated

Hello and Good Day Traveller!

I’m not a forums guy/gal, so let me preface all of this by saying I know absolutely nothing about anything, and any breeches in etiquette are purely ignorance. I know that’s the kinda thing that typically comes before hate speech and the likes, but I promise none of that here!

I’m in love with this game. I grew up playing Diablo 2. It was… “My Game”. It was the thing I learned inside and out. I was enthralled by it. As an adult, some of my friendships actually grew to be life long things that are with me today FROM that game. This is that feeling again, and I seriously cannot get enough of it. Because of this, I feel the need to try and create all the busted builds that I loved, in some form, from there, to here. I guess you can call it, my epic quest. My first leg of this adventure, against my better judgement is going to be one of my fondest memories.

A friend and I competed pretty heavily amongst a group of skilled PvP players. During a rather hillarious period of excessive bugs, you could “stack the aura levels” of runeword items, and so, I created “Huglife” My Auradin Death Daddy. He walked onto the battlefield and everything within a half a mile would explode into decaying atomic waste. It was gross. (and completely unfair. sue me, It was legit! the devs were aware, but believe me I milked that time for necklaces made of ears!)

Anyways. Doing it on an Infiltrator [Inquisitor + Nightblade] for the multi-elementedness that makes it truer to my dreams of reliving that feeling. Any tips that anyone might have on how to become the bardic boy of bombasticness?

As a Parting word, A thanks to the developers for giving me a chance to relive a simpler time. You cannot know how much I needed it. I will be updating this thread with the next legs of my journey as time passes, Creating an epic tale, one of failure and success (I hope). To those of you who have read this far, thanks for being a part of this community that seems largely full of helpful people (I’ve only lurked a little.) I have no idea if any of this terminology is correct, I feel a bit like a rouge AI learned to love.

3 Likes

Welcome to the game and the forum. I’m not much of one for specific build talk (I’ll leave that to others) but I just thought I’d mention Reign of Terror to ya, if you weren’t aware of it:

Thanks for the kind welcome and the tip! I feel like I have yet to enjoy the game for what it has to offer, and so, I’m going to hold off on modding just yet, however, I will take a look, and thanks again!

1 Like

So, first of all, hello and welcome.

Second of all, you are leveling an Infiltrator and you want some non-meta build on it similiar to Auradins of D2? (btw, how much d2jsp gold in your best days :smile:)

1 Like

Welcome to the game and to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face: