[Mod] Reign of Terror

loadingbackground01_A6

Current version: 0.7.4.1

Mod inspired by Diablo 1 and Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

Compatibility: Grim Dawn Forgotten Gods expansion (requirement: base Grim Dawn, AoM and FG xpacks)

FAQ

RoT-Wikipedia:

• Make sure to re-import RoT database after mod update when using GD Stash.

• Characters created in older mod versions see 2x Shattered Conclave waypoints after visiting the area. New characters do not experience this issue.

• Solution: using 3rd party tool such as GD Stash and unchecking Shattered Conclave waypoint will fix the issue.

Donations:

• No donations are accepted for RoT development.

Causes of common issues while playing the mod:

• Incompatible RoT or GD version (make sure to always use the latest GD:AoM+FG xpacks and RoT version)
  • Incorrectly extracted mod files (follow the “Instal” guide below)
  • Loading different game mode (base GD campaign, Crucible or another mod) before RoT can result in unability to load certain assets such as tags, textures, etc. Make sure to start RoT as the first game mode if you decide to play it.
  • Playing RoT character in other mods will result in losing all RoT related assets (items, skills, etc) from the character and stash
  • Only English language is supported by default using any other language pack while playing RoT results in missing tags and quest objectives upon load
  • Using incompatible 3rd party tools (example: GD Defiler will remove all discovered waypoints from RoT characters after editing)

Quest fix:

• Download Quest_fix.zip (518.4 KB) If your RoT character has a bugged quest due to a game crash or after playing in multiplayer. All you have to do is copy over the quests.gdd and conversations.gdd files to the character save folder in whatever difficulty you need and it sets your character’s quest objective to that point.
  • RoT character saves can be found in:

• (Cloud saves disabled): Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\user\ _CHARACTERNAME\maps_world.map\DIFFICULTY

• (Cloud saves enabled): Steam\userdata\random numbers\219990\remote\save\user\ _CHARACTERNAME\maps_world.map\DIFFICULTY

features

Reign of Terror mod "to-do" list (click to expand)

Version 0.7.3.0 - 0.9.9.9

• D2 Items overhaul and balancing (addition of remaining base and class specific common/magic/rare gear, more RW variants / brand new RW, item class skill modifiers, example: +1 to Firebolt projectiles)
  • Class / item skills overhaul and balancing (new skills / mechanics / passives / modifiers = synergies / fx / animations)
  • QoL improvements (additional quest triggers, less clunky use of certain features such as Waypoints, Portals and much more)
  • Multiplayer script support
  • Polishing of all content

Version 1.0.0.0+

• Beta phase end

Occasional new content such as bosses and items might be added at any point of development

• Full campaign content (Acts 1-6)
  • D2 classes (Amazon, Assasin, Barbarian, Druid, Necromancer, Paladin, Sorceress)
  • D1/2 items (Unique / Set / Runes / Runewords / Gems / Rainbow facets / Bows / Spears / Staves, custom Monster Infrequents and more)
  • Mercenaries (hired in towns from these NPCs: Kashya, Greiz, Asheara, Aurora, Qual-Kehk, mercs scale with player char. stats)
  • Shrines (D2 buff shrines and also new “Shrine of Fate” = 1 random effect)
  • Pandemonium event (keys drop from The Countess, Summoner, Nihlathak (15% chance) and secret Uber bosses in Acts 1-5 (100% chance) on Hell difficulty)
  • Terror event (keys drop from Butcher, Leoric, Lazarus (15% chance) and secret Uber bosses in Act 6 (100% chance) on Hell difficulty)
  • The Secret Cow and Goblin Levels (look for a blue star on the minimap if you want to get there)
  • Hidden uber boss areas (including “one-shot” chest containing 1 unique / set item, once per difficulty)
  • Trial of the Ancients end-game survival event with Faction rewards (accessible from Shattered conclave by talking to “Ram” NPC after completing Act 6 campaign on Hell difficulty)
  • World Bosses (new custom bosses spread throughout the campaign with dedicated loot on Hell difficulty)

multiplayer

• Multiplayer works but some scripts do not have full client support implemented yet.
  • Always let the host take / return quest related items to avoid quest progress stuck
  • Client: occasional enemy HP desync is caused by Grim Dawn itself, not RoT so there is nothing we can do about it.

download

RoT v0.7.3.0 (standalone version)

(0.7.3.0 Download links: click to expand)
Torrent Magnet link: (click to expand)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:aecb804770039252729c399685dd6ee854a6434d&xt=urn:btmh:1220e06831b62440897941159a01cc1ffa260c3992b3e9df87bcb6c1e37e69792958&dn=ReignOfTerror_v0.7.3.0_standalone&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.gbitt.info%3a80%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.ipv6tracker.ru%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.birkenwald.de%3a6969%2fannounce

RoT v0.7.4.0 (update) - requires 0.7.3.0 before installing

(0.7.4.0 Download links: click to expand)

Google Drive
ReignOfTerror_v0.7.4.0.7z (310 MB) Google Drive

RoT v0.7.4.1 (hotfix) - requires 0.7.4.0 before installing

(0.7.4.1 Download links: click to expand)

Google Drive
ReignOfTerror_v0.7.4.1.7z (6 MB) Google Drive

• Note: Google Drive links that reached download limit can still be downloaded by copying the file to your own Google Drive account and downloading it from there.

instal

Installing 0.7.3.0 (standalone version):

1. Delete existing ReignOfTerror folder from Grim Dawn/mods (if you already have one of the older RoT releases installed). No progress will be lost since save files are not stored in the mod folder.

2. Download all 5 parts (ReignOfTerror_v0.7.3.0_standalone.7z.001-005) into the same folder.

3. Open part .001 and then drag & drop ReignOfTerror folder into Grim Dawn/mods folder.

Installing 0.7.4.0 (update):

• Update 0.7.4.0 requires standalone version 0.7.3.0
  • Drag and drop ReignOfTerror folder from the ReignOfTerror_v0.7.4.0_hotfix.7z archive into Grim Dawn/mods folder and overwrite all files.

Installing 0.7.4.1 (hotfix):

• Hotfix 0.7.4.1 requires standalone version 0.7.3.0
  • Drag and drop ReignOfTerror folder from the ReignOfTerror_v0.7.4.1_hotfix.7z archive into Grim Dawn/mods folder and overwrite all files.

Example of the correct file structure after successfully installing the mod:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods\ReignOfTerror

and inside the ReignOfTerror folder should be the following sub-folders & files:

• database
  • resources
  • video
  • Changelog.txt

video

discord

• Efficient way for posting suggestions, bug reports or questions about the mod and it’s mechanics.

credits

Blizzard Entertainment

Inspiration, Music & Sound effects from Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

• Blizzard Entertainment®
    Blizzard Entertainment is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.
  • Diablo®
    Diablo is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.
  • Diablo® II
    Diablo is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.
  • Diablo® II: Lord of Destruction®
    Diablo and Lord of Destruction are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.
  • Diablo® III
  • Heroes of the Storm™
    Heroes of the Storm is a trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Crate Entertaiment

For making Grim Dawn and allowing us to mod it.
@Allminoxy and @Zantai for proving tips.

Special thanks
  • @Zakknaphen - former member of RoT Dev team, 3D assets, map making and more
  • FluffyUnicorn - former member of RoT Dev team, map making
  • sonophilos - former member of RoT Dev team, database / text fix, overall balancing and other tasks
  • @elvenroth - former member of RoT Dev team, generalist, creator of RoT Launcher
  • Owlheart - active member of RoT Dev team, custom fx, textures and map making
  • Uncensored - former member of RoT Dev team, RoT Wiki, skill / item balancing, updates compiling
  • Birds (aka Fuzzydunlop) - active member of RoT Dev team (lead dev) items / skills and gameplay balancing.
  • @WareBare - tremendous help with Lua scripts, the quality of scripted events wouldn’t be possible without his support!
  • adoomgod, asylum101, Ceno, Elfe, jiaco, Kathanious and others from GD_dev discord - for providing modding tips/tricks
  • Patri, Mindeater - A1/A2 testing and other tasks
  • @DenisMashutikov - for making RoT cinematics and for allowing us to modify his [Mod] Diablo 2 Classes
  • @okami29 - various assets from [Mod] Lost Treasures
  • @tt300 - [Mod] Stasher
  • @Grimer, okami29 - various assets from [Mod] Diablo 3 Mod
82 Likes

Exceptional!

Interesting project. Keep the good work!

fantastic!

Well done! Your maps really show the time you’ve invested.

This is really cool man :cool:

So far a really good job with the environments. Looking forward to a test version :slight_smile:

Thanks, not sure when a test version will be released, but lets say it won’t be anytime soon since only the maps are going to take me 2-3 months to complete.

Great work!
At least better than D2: The Curse of Tristram on SC2 engine.

By the way, I posted about my Paladin skill tree mod earier:

This look effing incredible! Keep up the good work!

D2:LOD is the only game I’ve put more time into than GD :slight_smile:

@DenisMashutikov

agreed, that is half baked, as the engine is clearly not suited for the job, even though the person pt a lot of time into it, you could clearly see it was only half baked and not ready by any stretch of the imagination it wasn’t that great.

This mod above, now that looks good, lets hope that Blizzard allows it too, or at least doesn’t try and shut it down. the GD engine is more suited for a D2 remake then the SC 2 is.

Already seen your post, cool stuff. Are all skills working? I would be very interested in checking it if you would be for it, of course.

Thanks alot. Grim Dawn is an awesome game but D2:LoD is what I’ve been growing up on and don’t want it to be forgotten.

Couldn’t agree more, it was an unfortunate choice of modding tools.

Yes, all skills work, but a few not so as original (engine restriction)
You can see previous version here: https://yadi.sk/d/GpH2X07luYXNx
Right now i refresh it to compatibility with other mods and new classes (replace “class07” links).

Probably, I’ll make also sorceress class, and I already have prototype og Find Item Barb skill.

another “DiabLover” hahaha keep it up, man! great work

Just tested your paladin and I must say it’s very close, awesome job.

Would you be interested in having your classes as a part of this mod?

I don’t mind. Just I don’t know when I can work on new classes.

Very nice project! Since the Diablo 1 remake mod seems to be abandoned I am glad to see another Diablo mod upcoming. It looks like a D2 with much better graphics. Nice ingame music btw :wink: :smiley:

Started working on Tristram today. Still need some polishing but the main concept is finished.

Link: http://imgur.com/a/IUfsU

WOW!!!

That is impressive! certainly seems to have that Tristram feel to it. Looks like this mod might be the real true remake of that awesome game. Keep up the good work, can’t wait to try this mod out when its playable.

Cow level or bust!

I’m sure in good time, now that would be an awesome level to see done in the GD engine.