[Mod] Reign of Terror

Mod inspired by Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

FAQ

Reign of Terror “Wikipedia”

features

• Act 1-5 Complete
  • D2 classes (Amazon, Assasin, Barbarian, Druid, Necromancer, Paladin, Sorceress)
  • D2 items (Unique / Set / Runes / Runewords / Gems / Rainbow facets / Bows / Spears)
  • Mercenaries (hired in towns from these NPCs:Kashya, Greiz, Asheara, Aurora, Qual-Kehk, mercs scale with player char. stats)
  • Shrines (D2 buff shrines and also new “Shrine of Fate” = 1 random effect)
  • Pandemonium event (keys drop from The Countess, Summoner and Izual on Hell difficulty)
  • Cow Level (look for a goblin if you want to get there)
  • New secret uber boss areas (“one-shot” chest containing 1 unique / set item, once per difficulty)

multiplayer

• Multiplayer works but it is not fully supported yet so keep that in mind in case you decide to play MP
  • Always let the host take / return quest related items to avoid potential issues
  • Proper MP support will be implemented after full content release

download

Click on the arrow or text below to show download links

(0.2.0) Base mod files: (base Grim Dawn owners)
(0.4.2) Update 1: (base Grim Dawn + Ashes of Malmouth expansion owners only)
(0.6.0) Update 2: (base Grim Dawn + Ashes of Malmouth + Forgotten Gods expansion owners only)
(0.6.0.2) Hotfix: (base Grim Dawn + Ashes of Malmouth + Forgotten Gods expansion owners only)

instal

• Step 1 - (0.2.0) Base mod files: (base Grim Dawn owners)
    Extract content of “ReignOfTerror_v0.2.0.rar” into your “Grim Dawn/mods” folder (path: " Grim Dawn/mods/ReignOfTerror ") and inside should be following folders/files:

• database
    • resources
    • source
    • video
    • Changelog.txt
  • Step 2 - (0.4.2) Update 1: (Ashes of Malmouth expansion owners only)
    Download and extract files from Step 1 first in order for the mod to run correctly
    Extract content of “ReignOfTerror_v0.4.2.rar” into your “Grim Dawn/mods” folder and overwrite all files

• Step 3 - (0.6.0) Update 2: (Forgotten Gods expansion owners only)
    Download and extract all previous files from Steps 1 and 2 first in order for the mod to run correctly
    Extract content of “ReignOfTerror_v0.6.0.rar” into your “Grim Dawn/mods” folder and overwrite all files

• Step 4 - (0.6.0.2) Hotfix: (Forgotten Gods expansion owners only)
    Download and extract all previous files from Steps 1,2 and 3 first in order for the mod to run correctly
    Extract content of “ReignOfTerror_v0.6.0.2.rar” into your “Grim Dawn/mods” folder and overwrite all files

video

discord

Efficient way for posting suggestions, bug reports or questions about the mod and it’s mechanics.

credits

Blizzard Entertainment

Inspiration, Music & Sound effects from Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction

• Blizzard Entertainment®
    Blizzard Entertainment is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.
  • Diablo®
    Diablo is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.
  • Diablo® II
    Diablo is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.
  • Diablo® II: Lord of Destruction®
    Diablo and Lord of Destruction are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.
  • Diablo® III
  • Heroes of the Storm™
    Heroes of the Storm is a trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Crate Entertaiment

For making this game and allowing us to mod it.
@Allminoxy and @Zantai for proving tips.

Special thanks
10 Likes

Exceptional!

Interesting project. Keep the good work!

fantastic!

Well done! Your maps really show the time you’ve invested.

This is really cool man :cool:

So far a really good job with the environments. Looking forward to a test version :slight_smile:

Thanks, not sure when a test version will be released, but lets say it won’t be anytime soon since only the maps are going to take me 2-3 months to complete.

Great work!
At least better than D2: The Curse of Tristram on SC2 engine.

By the way, I posted about my Paladin skill tree mod earier:

This look effing incredible! Keep up the good work!

D2:LOD is the only game I’ve put more time into than GD :slight_smile:

@DenisMashutikov

agreed, that is half baked, as the engine is clearly not suited for the job, even though the person pt a lot of time into it, you could clearly see it was only half baked and not ready by any stretch of the imagination it wasn’t that great.

This mod above, now that looks good, lets hope that Blizzard allows it too, or at least doesn’t try and shut it down. the GD engine is more suited for a D2 remake then the SC 2 is.

Already seen your post, cool stuff. Are all skills working? I would be very interested in checking it if you would be for it, of course.

Thanks alot. Grim Dawn is an awesome game but D2:LoD is what I’ve been growing up on and don’t want it to be forgotten.

Couldn’t agree more, it was an unfortunate choice of modding tools.

Yes, all skills work, but a few not so as original (engine restriction)
You can see previous version here: https://yadi.sk/d/GpH2X07luYXNx
Right now i refresh it to compatibility with other mods and new classes (replace “class07” links).

Probably, I’ll make also sorceress class, and I already have prototype og Find Item Barb skill.

another “DiabLover” hahaha keep it up, man! great work

Just tested your paladin and I must say it’s very close, awesome job.

Would you be interested in having your classes as a part of this mod?

I don’t mind. Just I don’t know when I can work on new classes.

Very nice project! Since the Diablo 1 remake mod seems to be abandoned I am glad to see another Diablo mod upcoming. It looks like a D2 with much better graphics. Nice ingame music btw :wink: :smiley:

Started working on Tristram today. Still need some polishing but the main concept is finished.

Link: http://imgur.com/a/IUfsU

WOW!!!

That is impressive! certainly seems to have that Tristram feel to it. Looks like this mod might be the real true remake of that awesome game. Keep up the good work, can’t wait to try this mod out when its playable.

Cow level or bust!

I’m sure in good time, now that would be an awesome level to see done in the GD engine.