[Mod] Diablo 1 - The Return

Well you’re going to be waiting a long time then, the creator hasn’t been on since August.

Well you’re going to be waiting a long time then, the creator hasn’t been on since August.

Well, I get that a lot. :wink:

Another false promise? That nneeevvverr happens!

Yeah, I’m still waiting for a D2 or D1 mod as well, but both were abandoned. Probably copying monsters, quests and maps from these games violates Blizz rights (even giving all the credits) :undecided:

People don’t want to waste their time on a project that may or may not be shutdown.

Yes, that’s the problem. Making classes woudn’t be so frustrating, it’s a quick process after you’ve learned a lot about it, but a whole act? man… the modder must have balls for that.

Hello one and all. I am back to the forums to check out what you guys have been up to the last year or so. Sadly I have been so busy, so many different things going on in my life I had to take a much longer break from finishing this mod than intended.

That being said I have been having a little itch to try a few streams out to see if the fire is still there to finish this enormous project. To be blunt, it’s more work than I originally thought. I put so much time into it that I want to finish it out of principal but the sad truth is I lost hope in myself and the project.

Been reading about some updates from the game and by what I understand the textures get changed quite frequently within the World Editor that even if I put the time into finishing this thing it may not even function.

The data is locked away on a hard drive I don’t use anymore - it’s sitting right there. I could retrieve the data and start working on it again but I am wondering if I would be just wasting my time. How alive is this community still? How many people would I be making this for? 2 or 2000? Seems like a stupid question but I had put about 100 hours into solo within a span of about 2 months and I had not even finished the Cathedral Zone, still would have Crypt/Cave/Hell to finish.

Someone out there let me know - ill be checking back in a couple days a week to see the response.

Thank you to everyone who was there the first time, and hopefully if I can get the courage to tackle this project again I hope to see some familiar faces back. Cheers

The community is pretty inactive as a whole while we wait for the expansion to release. Maybe check in after that happens?

How long till the expansion? Haven’t read into it yet.

Also what’s up I always appreciated the DAIL mod guys, they shot me a lot of support and love while I was working on my D1

Glad to see that you are back.

No idea how long, but most probably before 1st week of November

Hey Chthon glad to see you again too! I’m just wondering like if it would be worth the time cause it would probably be another 300+ hours till it would be done I would guess

wb

Don’t worry. The community is alive since ever and we are all watching this project. It is also completely okay to take a break from it or do the honest decision that a project is just to big for oneself. I really liked the love you had put into your design tho.

Thanks Skyhaster I appreciate that, did you catch my any of the live streams I put together when I was making the mod?

Guessing this mod is dead, been 3 yrs of anything

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, it is, but if you have a Diablo itch then maybe scratch it with this D2 mod instead.

Bro that looks sick.Hopefully this will come to be as D1 are still my fav game in the series.I like D2 but i love D1.

1 Like

I love it! Please continue this mod!

Also I had a few “errors” some of the ground was checkered, and I found a black spot. I didn’t find Griswold either, keep it up, please!

This mod is dead and way outdated which is why you have problems. If you want D2 in GD then you need the Reign of Terror mod linked above.

No, I wanted D1.

Well, good luck then, because it very much looks abandoned… also, RoT does contain D1 environment (not classes)