ComboMod Testversion

Howdy Grim Dawn Players and Modders.

This is an ongoing project that aims to combine the following mods (and maybe more at some point) to a single one with synergies and adjustments from suggestions and myself.

INTEGRATED MODS AS A BASE (sorted by time of integration)

· SPECIAL THANKS goes out to “Dawn of Masteries” by mamba (Dawn of Masteries) for various inspirations and the previous integrated Grimmest/Proxy part <3 this has now been removed and/or updated by Grimarillion <3

· SPECIAL THANKS goes out to “GrimLoot” by kakikakeks (https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/ressource-grimloot-collection-of-loot-vfx-and-sfx/93757#section-downloads) for the lootbeams <3 unfortunatly must have been removed at this point in time after 1.2!

· BIG THX AND CREDITS TO ALL THESE MODS AND THEIR CREATORS!!!

################################################################################

· The intention of this mod is to increase the difficulty and playthroughtime of this great game and to give alot more character build possibilities down the road. In addition, great rewards and some quality of life features will be granted. The plan is to SYNERGIZE all the content of these amazing mods that are integrated to give a great new overall experience. The values for amounts and chances for good items are a bit increased, to test out the mod, aswell as there is an ULTIMATE TESTNPC → CRAZY MIKE, to check out various functions of this modcompilation to help me make things better. (he can be aquired ONLY via the customgame console to not ruin the experience for NON-modtesters, the consolecommand to spawn his summonitem is → game.spawn “records/combomod/portable_npcs/npc05/npc05_usableitem.dbr” ) Let us figure out what is too STRONG and what is too WEAK, for a hard but rewarding playthrough experience in one the best ARPGs on the market right now!

· NEEDS THE LATEST GAMEVERSION WITH ALL DLC’S TO RUN!

· it is VERY IMPORTANT that you turn this setting OFF in the gameoptions → “Auto Item Tooltips”!!! → else, your game WILL crash!!!

· it is ADVISED to turn this setting to LOW in the gameoptions → “AutoLootRadius”! → for a careful looting of Grim Souls, which can put you into ENDLESS PAIN if you have your lootradius set to a VERY HIGH RADIUS! Also take care if using the tool DPyes with its ability to further increase the lootradius!!

· when starting this mod as a FRESH CHARACTER you should speak to the Emissary to get your first questreward, feel free to choose your path then, if you want to go straight to The Enclave and enter the path to the Shattered Realm, with OR without the STARTERBUFF, which The Emissary CAN grant you, OR if you want to go normally throughout the Campaign, with OR without increased or even nearly normal xp-scaling, you HAVE options! Only one thing is absolutly suggested → CHOOSE 1 Immortal Merc that will fight by your side (you got them all from The Emissary as your first questreward!), buy yourself an available chestarmor and augment it with your Immortal Merc Enchant, this will help tremendously when you will tread your new path throughout Cairn.(THANKS for this suggestion to put this here goes out to LadyofPain from the Forum!)

· when starting this mod as an IMPORTED CHARACTER you should speak to The Omega Immortals Leader in Devils Crossing to obtain additional AP to make him equal to pure mod characters (NEEDS characterlevel 100! → be honest to yourself as this might can be cheated easily xD) and to get yourself the new quests for leveling up your Omega Level and to get intouch with further tasks that will come up.

· everything ELSE you need to know (without reading the given PDF in the optional archive) to get a direction, is described in the new LORENOTE, granted as questreward from the Emissary in Devils Crossing on Normal/Veteran difficulty :wink: furthermore this LORENOTE is granted also by the Omega Immortal Leader in Devils Crossing, if you step in with an IMPORTED CHARACTER onto elite/ultimate difficulty!

· about CRASHES or any other issues: IF we can replicate it, it is most likely that it can be fixed, however, do not bother to inform me about it and we will see what we can do about it, many things already have been fixed for good :slight_smile:

################################################################################

FILECONTENT:

· “RELEASE#XXX - MAIN.zip”:

• folder “ComboMod”: the mod itself, simply copy this folder into your Grim Dawn mods directory, i.e. "c:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods";

· “RELEASE#XXX - OPTIONAL.zip”:

folder “Optional but highly recommended”:

• “CLASS-SKILLS.txt” → an overview on all available class skills that can be modified an augmented, mainly as resource for modders;

• “ComboMod NOTES.pdf” → THE overview on what is going on in this modcompilation IN DETAIL, you can also see on what i am working at the moment and what has been updated etc;

• “load_screens.zip” → new loadingscreens to increase diversity, used with an AMAZING tool by powbam from the official Grim Dawn Forum → [Tool] Loadscreen Switcher → IF you want to have a WAY bigger pool for loadingscreens then only three, i HIGHLY suggest to download this tool → you simply start it BEFORE you load the game, the setup is pretty much self-explanatory, you choose the folder with various pictures you wish to have as loadingscreens, then you check the “randomize” box (i have set the swaptime to 12 seconds) and you are good to go, now you have ALOT more options for loadingscreens to choose from, any you wish, simply add the provided ones here if you like or simply grab your own ones :slight_smile:

• “DPYes.ini” → configfile for DPYes, preconfigured;

• “OPTIONAL_SETTINGS_ADDONMODS.zip” → optinal files to put on top to give a full overhaul experience, give it a try :slight_smile: installation the usual way, simply put ALL the included folder to your SETTINGSFOLDER!

###############################################################################

***###IN BETWEEN THE OFFICIAL PATCHES USE THIS FILE FOR TESTING OUT THE NEWEST STUFF THAT HAS BEEN DONE ALREADY → ComboMod_preupdate_testingAIO_nilVersion

###############################################################################

NOT included but NICE to have:

• “GrimTex” by Xzandiel, you will find it here → GrimTex at Grim Dawn Nexus - Mods and Community → this is an INCREDIBLE texture overhaul that will bring some fresh air into the overall graphics around Cairn! <3***

• IF you want to have some EXTRA features that make the game even more enjoyable, like a DPS-METER or FULL CONTROL ON THE INGAME TIMECYCLE, then you WILL need this AMAZING utilitytool by sleepless → [Tool] DPYes - Player/pet DPS meter & Misc util → it brings back the most missed features from our beloved but discontinued GDInternals! <3 → to make this tool work with GrimCam, which is even possible aswell, you WILL need the “GrimCam.dll”, provided by GrimCam, which can be found here → GrimCam at Grim Dawn Nexus - Mods and Community → this is a MUSTHAVE, if you want to have the ability to see itemlabels on the ground from more far away while the zoomout of the gamecamera is increased! (-> the configfile “DPYes.ini” is included in the OPTIONAL ARCHIVE!)***

• NOTE: if you zoom out to max, itemlabels will glitch out but that is no problem i think because you can use that to your advantage in larger fights, just zoom out to max to declutter the screen xD***

• IMPORTANT NOTE: your overall game performance might be decreased a bit with this tool + GrimCam + my settings here added, mainly noticable at endgame!***

• for MODDERS ONLY: a very handy tool and in my opinion a MUSTHAVE for ANYONE who is working with this game is this amazing tool by Ceno → [Tool] [Modding] Grim Dawn Modding Suite → this tool will inform you about ANY malformed references in any database of your mod and even shows you invalid tags, solved alot of errors only by using this tool! BIG THANKS FOR THIS! <3***

############################################################
Mediafire Mirror:
DL main file: RELEASE#09b - MAIN
DL additional file: RELEASE#09b - OPTIONAL
############################################################

Happy hunting!

11 Likes

Seems something may be missing. Reports on the GD discord that the size of the file is too small (Grimarillion is 500 alone) and that only vanilla masteries are included. Maybe check that you uploaded the right file.

He didnt include the masteries from DOM or Grim there is only vanilla masteries. When you read his description hes saying BASE DOM & Grim meaning just some things from the mods.

There is alot going on in this mod make sure to read the pdf file. If your an idiot like me & jump in w/o fully understanding lol… Things you need to know even when he tells you im saying again. (For idiots). You start w/o a weapon. Dont use metal dude till you know whats going on. Talk to emissary to get his little quest & items for starting. Know that all devotions shrines have a purple boss. Do NOT pick up grim souls if your health is low. When you read his lore note from emissary its clear that this mod is mostly for FG & shatter realms? I going through normal campaign now & np after a bad start. O yea you level real slow I wasnt even sure it was moving at first. & I love the wisp in a jar.

Maybe after he works out any bugs he will include the masteries from DOM & grim? Though he would have to pick & choose which to include as there is a limit.

Violesta is right, there are NO masteries added at this state as i did mention :wink: no worries, at some point i might want to add the D3 Classes Mod as it is my absolut favorite! But that will take alot of prework to apply this and also there will be alot work to do in terms of synergizing those new cool classes into the given spec of the mod :slight_smile: Time will show how far that will goes.
And yes, to understand what to do, you should read the pdf at least in a flyover method and then ingame, there is a new LORENOTE which gives the player a direction, for both puremodchars and imported ones :wink: will add this to the mod description later on, is a good suggest! more are pretty much welcome.
HF

1 Like

The only issue ive had so far is the is the portal its bigger then classic one. When I portal into DC I have to click outside of the map carefully to move. Its to easy to accidently get the map when your close to the portal. Trying to talk to the mad scientist guy you have to click on his marker, if you dont you open the portal map.

This behaviour is due to the increased bindradius on the first riftstone in DC only. I adjusted it to not miss it, to avoid a conflict on not can teleport back when getting too fast to the Conclave of the Three with a new character. You can hold “Force Move” on your keyboard to avoid this (mine is set to “shift left”), if you play with gamecontroller it should not bother you anyway.

Im guessing this mod is made to be more difficult, but having 8 mini bosses spawn on a devotion shrine is a bit much. Especially if you cant kite proper. Is there anyway for a player to tone this down a bit? Perhaps make an easier mode on the metal dude?
Another weird thing Ive noticed. Destroying doors & forges etc takes alot more then it should, like its physical has been boosted more then it should have been? If your not careful in this mod even trash mobs will kill you.

Yes the intention of the mod is to make the game alot harder with greater rewards. Especially on Elite/Ultimate difficulty. On which difficulty you play and on which “Grimmest Extra Difficulty Mode” do you play? At which devotionshrine did you encounter 8 minibosses? i must have missed that one xD The thing with the forges and doors i have to investigate, have not noticed such a behaviour in all of my testruns and playthroughs with this mod :wink: thanks for the info.

Tested various devotionshrines, can not reproduce a spawn of 8 minibosses, maybe you mean heroes? :slight_smile: On ultimate it should be a maximum of 3 minibosses that CAN spawn. And on that strange behaviour on boosted forges, doors etc, nothing strange on my end here ;D Would need some more informations then we can solve it :wink:

Im playing on normal atm. & i mean orange named heroes? sorry if labeling wrong. It happened on more then one devotion. The one inside the cave on the way to old alkavia (however thats spelled) was the worst one. I dont know how many orange there were there was alot of them.I died 2 times. Had to use the exit of the cave going in & out. Didnt help that there was regenerators as well. & then on the road devotion shrine I had like 5 or 6 not sure. I was able to separate them out so I didnt die there. Alot of running back & forth.
Grimmest is off. I made the mistake of turning it on right away when I first started man that suxed. I usually like double density in dom & grim but thats not an option on this mod. at least that I can see. Another thought it tells me its off when I go into the game but you have grimmest going as part of the mod right? perhaps it aint turning off correctly?

Edit: ok it was me I was using dreegs evil eye for my main & it wasnt strong enough to break things. I dont recall it being so weak before. Anyway just died again to a devotion shrine way too many orange names. I guess this mod aint for me. thank you hope others like it. Its definitely tough.

I am sorry to hear that ;D But yes those “bosses” you encounter seem to be simple heroes :smiley: if you turn on “Grimmest Extra Difficulty Mode” then there will be more for sure yes, but there is NO double density option anymore as i increased the spawns static over gamengine.dbr, so there will always be more normal mobs and champion mobs, extra heroes only come with “Grimmest Extra Difficulty Mode”, so do minibosses :smiley: It is hard yes, but that is pretty much the intention, and i tested it intensified, played through with bleeding shaman and skeletonarmynecro, and there was not that much of an issue until reaching ultimate and the ONB’s :DDDD they will really drain the courage xDD HF

I’ve made a short clip showing that devotionshrine clearing with my necro that has passed maincampaign and is nearly through AoM :slight_smile: (reseted shrine via GDstash :D) There was spawning 1 Miniboss -> Alkamos, the rest are heroes for sure :slight_smile: It was much harder when i first came there, true for sure, but doable also for sure :slight_smile: There is really alot that can boost you even on Veteran/Normal difficulty, just read the lorenote :smiley: so then maybe give it a try again. HF

I really like the idea of the mod so far. I also like that it is not overloaded with masteries. Keep it up! :slight_smile: Do you have any intentions of including the Stellar mod?

Nice to hear that, thanks :slight_smile: I had the Stellar Mod on my list, yes it has the potential to be a nice mod for sure, but i came to the conclusion that it would overwhelm the player a bit with added Treasure Guardians and ONB’s maybe. Also the Stellar Mod is not really finished as i noticed on my playtest a while ago, or was there an update somewhere? Sure, the given background texture for those items is nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated mod and initial post.

1 Like

Decided to try this again on clean chars. Wow love the changes much better starting. I take it the starter buff buffs the pets too? Didnt lose a one so far. Havent gotten very far yet. Love the new warrior pet. Looking forward to trying this again. Glad u got D3 masteries in. Btw wheres the ring for the Mirage archer? its usually on DC faction seller.

1 Like

Hey good morning :slight_smile: Yes, the starterbuff works for pets too and on top pets are boosted in terms of defense accross all difficulties. The Mirage Archer Ring is NOT included, as i reworked the whole mod (as described in the pdf), Sylvana has become a Cold Archer T1 Immortal Merc and the second texture from here was not used. Have a nice day.

1 Like

I’m noticing that the enemy hero arcane lasers and poison pools are through the roof overpowered when you’re a low level, at least. I managed to survive 1 tick off of one arcane beam (sent me to like 5% hp though) and the poison one one shots me. It’s especially bad since the damage is instant, which means that I get one-shot before the poison puddle is even visible (The damage appears the moment it spawns if you’re on one). According to Grim Internals, I’m talking about 5.000 damage at level 4. No one has 5.000 health or resists to mitigate that at level 4. There’s also no enemy ability out there in vanilla GD that deals even remotely close to 5.000 damage at level 4. Even 500 is almost unheard of, and certainly not from heroes.

Perhaps you forgot to have those scale (And maybe some others?) down? As it stands, melee characters can’t even get close to enemies that have those abilities at low level. Please test it yourself and see if you agree with my experiences.

I left some comments on your nexusmods bug reports page as well regarding SR. But I’ll keep my posts in here from now on.

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile: You are absolutly correct, these skills have no SCALING at all :smiley: i must have missed that and have alrdy updated this on my end, will be tuned in in the next update which will come next week i guess. big THX for letting me know! have a good time :slight_smile: PS: i encountered the same thing it just washed me from the screen before i updated it ;D

1 Like

Couldn’t wait to update this :slight_smile: updated initial post and version to 0.2, have a good time :slight_smile:

2 Likes