[REL] Grim UI

Grim%20UI%20Title%20Bar

Grim UI, Grim UI: Malmouth & Grim UI: Forgotten are user interface replacements for Grim Dawn + Ashes of Malmouth + Forgotten Gods expansions. Support for the base game without expansions and the Crucible DLC are included.

The “Add-Ons” section below contains alternate UI elements, mod resources and UI support for mods such as “Dawn of Masteries”.

Grim UI: X-Mod, located in the “Mods” section below, expands the blacksmith, character, illusionist and smuggler windows for each Grim UI theme and Vanilla UI. This mod requires both expansions.

• Grim UI themes, Add-Ons and Mods are compatible with game version 1.1.7.1

About the UI themes:

• The UI’s consist of .tex (graphics) files only and will not modify any aspects of game play. They are 100% cosmetic and will not change the location of any UI element, such as a button. They will not affect character progression or cause any stash problems. They’re online friendly, meaning, everyone in the session does not have to have my UI’s installed in order to play together.

• Use with other mods is at your discretion. You may have compatibility issues if you use my UI’s with another mod that include edits to the UI. These issues are harmless and easily fixed with a simple file or folder delete within the UI.

• Use with any Grim UI mods that I create will be just fine, but they are not required.
  • Installation is easy. Just extract the .zip file into your “Settings” directory. There are two options for this:

• You can use the default “Settings” directory located in “C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn”.

• The other option, which I use, is to create a “Settings” directory in the Grim Dawn installation directory.

• Easy customization. If there is a particular aspect of the UI’s you don’t like, just delete that file or folder. If you aren’t sure, just ask and I’ll be glad to help. A screen shot with your post would be great.

• You can take individual parts of each UI and combine them to create your own version.
  • Base game only requirements:

• In “UI”, rename the “caravan” and “skills” folders first, then remove the “_vanilla” suffix from “caravan_vanilla” and “skills_vanilla” folders.

If you use something here, I hope you enjoy it. If you find something wrong, please include a screen shot if you decide to post about it as I would appreciate it.

If you include any of my files with a mod you release, all I ask for is the credit pertaining to what you use. Thank you.

Blank%20Spacer

Divider%20Themes

NamePlate%20Grim%20UI

:arrow_down: Download Grim UI.zip (5 Apr 2020)

Screen Shots

Change Log

5 Apr 2020

• Redesigned several class images due to an alpha channel issue.

22 Mar 2020

• Fixed the skills_classwindowbackgroundimage.tex alpha channel.

21 Mar 2020

• Added the Crucible HUD Panel.

29 Feb 2020

• Updated the smuggler window files for the 1.1.6.0 patch.

1 Feb 2020

• Added the title screen graphic.

7 Jan 2020

• Changed the color of the cross glow on the class selection button over image.

24 Nov 2019

• Added support for Grim Dawn base game without expansions.

8 Sep 2019

• Minor fix to the Salvage, Dismantle and Transmute windows.

30 Aug 2019

• Added the Monster HUD health bar borders.

26 Aug 2019

• Minor graphic fixes.

20 Aug 2019

• Corrected up/down state of the class buttons.

18 Aug 2019

• Minor fixes to the mini-map images.
  • Minor fix to the Inspect Character window.

17 Aug 2019

• Changed the Shrine window images to match the Grim UI theme.
  • Added the small and large (compass) mini-map images. I also removed the north indicator (via alpha channel) from it as well.
    • To get the indicator back, go to “UI\mapaerial” and delete the “mapsymbol_north.tex” file.
  • Minor fix to the Dangerous\Treacherous Domain title bar.

16 Aug 2019

• Added Dangerous\Treacherous Domain and Shattered Realm title bars.

8 Aug 2019

• Patch 1.1.4.1 fixes:
    • Updated the Item and Transfer Stash windows.
    • Updated both Vendor windows.
  • Added new main quest icons for the map and quest windows.

5 Aug 2019

• Minor fix to the quest window.

30 Jul 2019

• Minor fix to the quest reward window.

29 Jul 2019

• Added the HUD toolbar.

26 Jul 2019

• Release

NamePlate%20Malmouth

:arrow_down: Download Grim UI Malmouth.zip (5 Apr 2020)

Screen Shots

Change Log

5 Apr 2020

21 Mar 2020

29 Feb 2020

1 Feb 2020

7 Jan 2020

• Changed the devotion sidebar window to match the Malmouth theme.
  • Changed the conversation window close button over image to match the Malmouth theme.

24 Nov 2019

• Added support for Grim Dawn base game without expansions.

8 Sep 2019

• Minor fix to the Salvage, Dismantle and Transmute windows.

30 Aug 2019

• Added the Monster HUD health bar borders.

29 Aug 2019

• Changed Quest window frame from metal to wood.
  • Faction window transparency fix.

26 Aug 2019

• Release

NamePlate%20Forgotten

:arrow_down: Download Grim UI Forgotten.zip (5 Apr 2020)

Screen Shots

Change Log

5 Apr 2020

21 Mar 2020

29 Feb 2020

1 Feb 2020

7 Jan 2020

• Release

Blank%20Spacer

Divider%20Add-Ons

Alternate UI Elements, Resources and Mod UI Support were created for all Grim UI themes.

NamePlate%20Alternate%20UI%20Elements

Red "Toggle Hide All Items (Loot Filter)" button. (5 Aug 2019)

Extract the file to “UI\hud”.

• In order for this to function properly, make sure you set the keybinding for “Toggle Hide All Items (Loot Filter)”. If you don’t, you can’t toggle it off thus the red button won’t appear.

:arrow_down: Download HUD_LootModeButtonDisabled.zip

NamePlate%20Resources

Codex Window Selected Text Color. (15 Jan 2020)

An improved contrasting color to compliment all of the Grim UI themes.

• The file contains database records that need to be merged with your mod in order to function.

:arrow_down: Download Codex Window Selected Text Color.zip

NamePlate%20Mod%20UI%20Support

Dawn of Masteries UI (13 Jun 2020)

Includes the graphics for all 3 Grim UI themes.

• A UI theme should be installed first.
  • Extract the “Dawn of Masteries UI.zip”, open the folder for your installed theme and copy the “UI” folder to “Settings”, allowing the files to get overwritten.

:arrow_down: Download Dawn of Masteries UI.zip

Blank%20Spacer

Divider%20Mods

Mods are compatible with all Grim UI themes and the Vanilla UI.

Grim UI: X-Mod (12 Jun 2020)

A compilation of the expanded window mods:

• X-Illusionist - (Released 30 Mar 2020)
  • X-Blacksmith - (Released 26 Jan 2020)
  • Vanilla X-Character - (Released 14 Aug 2019)
  • X-Character - (Released 9 Aug 2019)
  • X-Smuggler - (Released 8 Aug 2019)

Includes the graphics for all 3 Grim UI themes and Vanilla UI. (Requires both expansions.)

:arrow_down: Download Grim UI: X-Mod.zip

Extract the “Grim UI X-Mod” folder to “…Grim Dawn\mods” and then start a “Custom Game”.

• The Grim UI theme is the default UI.

• To use another theme’s graphics, extract the “Grim UI X-Mod.arc” from the corresponding folder to
    “…Grim UI X-Mod\resources”.

:arrow_down: Download Grim UI: X-Mod Source.zip

• Includes an updated caravanwindow.tpl and characterwindow.tpl for the 1.1.6.0 patch.
  • Includes the 2560 x 1440 X-Smuggler files for all Grim UI themes and Vanilla UI (at uiScale = 0.5).
  • Please see the “Mod Separation.txt” for information.

Grim UI X-Mod image (mod default) 1920 x 1080
Malmouth X-Mod image 1920 x 1080
Forgotten X-Mod image 1920 x 1080
Vanilla UI X-Mod image 1920 x 1080
Grim UI and Vanilla UI X-Mod image 2560 x 1440
Change Log

12 Jun 2020

• Updated for the 1.1.7.1 patch.

5 Jun 2020

• Updated for the 1.1.7.0 patch.

11 Apr 2020

• X-Character
    • Removed the Auto Complete Button from the character window background image.

3 Apr 2020

• X-Illusionist
    • Added a higher visibility selected item background.

31 Mar 2020

• X-Illusionist
    • Fixed an issue with the character torso selected border not showing.

30 Mar 2020

• Added the X-Illusionist window.
  • X-Character
    • Fixed inventory bag image alignment.

14 Mar 2020

• Updated for the 1.1.6.2 patch.

10 Mar 2020

• Updated for the 1.1.6.1 patch.

29 Feb 2020

• Updated the X-Character and X-Smuggler window files for the 1.1.6.0 patch.
  • Source Files
    • Added an updated caravanwindow.tpl file for the 1.1.6.0 patch.

2 Feb 2020

• Source files
    • Updated the X-Smuggler 2560 x 1440 files with custom stash and transfer name plates.

1 Feb 2020

• Mod
    • Fixed Vanilla X-Smuggler close button vertical alignment.
    • Fixed all Grim UI themes X-Smuggler search box alpha channels.
  • Source files
    • Added X-Smuggler files for 2560 x 1440 resolution (at uiScale = 0.5).

28 Jan 2020

• Redesigned the X-Blacksmith window to fit 1920 x 1080 resolution (at uiScale = 0.5).

26 Jan 2020

• Release

Blank%20Spacer

Divider%20Links

Grim UI on Mod DB Alternate download link

front210 - [MOD] Caravaner

powbam - [TOOL] GD Switcher v1.2

powbam - Reshade

stargater - [English font] GD clear fonts

tean101 - Grim Dawn Char und Quest Manager German

tean101 - [Tool] Grim Dawn Char und Quest Manager German

20 Likes

Nice work. The background for the journal looks especially beautiful!

1 Like

Looks decent, I like it.

1 Like

Indeed very nice and I hope to see many more themes (and hopefully we can convince him to round it out with a Crucible implementation).

I am also extremely interested to know how this even works like it does? Just extract a ‘custom’ folder into the Settings folder. How is the game knowing to detect (and utilize) it? Is this perhaps something known of from TQ modding (I don’t recall seeing any theme mods like this but I haven’t looked at TQ stuff in a long while)? And if this has always been possible why in the heck has noone done this until now?

I got so many questions :scorv:

1 Like

This UI is ridiciulously beautiful.

1 Like

Nice one, I really like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks very beautiful…

1 Like

It does look absolutely fantastic combined with Reshade.

Changes the feel of the game almost after having been looking at the Vanilla UI so long. Love it and I really hope this inspires other creative types now to make more.

2 Likes

@powbam, I’m also interested in that how it works. Also other tools like the Colorcode Tool uses the Settings directory. Hope the Devs read here. So I wish they comment this with a little explanation, how the game uses this settings folder.

This looks sick, not gonna lie

Awesome job!

1 Like

Interesting. Is this functionality documented somewhere then I wonder? The Modding Guide perhaps? Hmm. I haven’t used that tool before (I’m assuming you mean WareBare’s Rainbow Filter) so this is my first time seeing anyone using the folder like this and it kinda blows my mind actually because it is coming across to me as something way, way on the downlow - where if more people knew, artists types in particular - we might have had custom UI’s well before this point, maybe even a shitload of them by now. And I find that slightly bittersweet.

1 Like

I don’t know if there is a documentation. What i know is that the settings directory is not created while the installation of GD.

And you can put the directory created by your “hand” into the game directory or your user path.

Look at the point “Guide: “How To Use Preset-Files” that were generated with the tool by me as Zip.”

Here in this link from the color coding tool.

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-rainbow-filter-item-highlighting/42765?u=tean101

thats all I know…

May be the OP can give us more information…

Funny thing is I mentioned it roughly a week ago in the Rainbow Filter thread and when I saw this show up I remembered there was a UI mod some time ago, so I went on a search. [REL] JMD's UI Collection

It also works for other things as I changed spiders to something different for the arachnophobia mod. [REL] Arachnophobia Mod

So one could technically change the entire world. Assets just need to match the path/filename of the asset they are replacing inside their respective *.arc.

1 Like

Thank you VERY much for the compliments, everyone! :metal: I’m happy that y’all are enjoying the mod!

As far as how this method works is beyond me. Titan Quest allowed the same method, but it used the database directory instead. I think something was mentioned that the developers created it as a way to test things “on the fly”. A big time saver over having to rebuild each little change in the Art Manager. I could be wrong though…

I used it when I made ui mods back then, too. I also used it for my personal mod that included meshes, quests and text files, etc. It worked beautifully.

I think the only file type that can’t be utilized this way is a database record. Again, I could be wrong.

At the end of the day, I’m just glad that Crate Entertainment either implemented this or left it in. It makes modding easier, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Interesting… looks like his first versions of the this one.

Np… you’ve done a great job and I seriously hope you are considering doing more themes. The more popular it gets, the more exposure and hopefully influences other talented folk to take a stab at it too.

To that I end I did create a thread on Steam a bit ago to increase exposure for ya:

I’m curious tho that you didn’t theme the health/energy panel area… is that not possible or are you planning on it at all?

1 Like

I am in fact considering two more themes based on the expansions (following a much needed break). That was the intention behind this one. Have it coincide with the base game in the sense that each window was hastily pieced together after the “Grim Dawn” occurred.

Yes, I too would be curious to see what others would come up with.

Oh that’s very cool! Thank you very much for taking the time to do that! :metal:

100% possible. I debated whether or not to re-texture those. I did some prototypes but I wasn’t satisfied with the results. I may take another stab at it though. The whole thing feels somewhat incomplete without it.

1 Like

This is incredibly beautiful, thank you!

1 Like

Not sure if the grey box below the class-portrait is some bug or not. The modded class didn’t have it, only the default one has!

Thank you!

Not a bug, just a problem with mod compatibility. The gray box is a background for the “Undo Points” button, which is moved from it’s default location in the mod you are using.

Alright thanks! Was just curious, not bothered by it :slightly_smiling_face: