[Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant

Hi,

Just installed and used it, works great! except for one thing:

If i put duplicate items (but with different rolls) into the IA, it shows up as ITEM X(3) , saying i have 3 copies of it for instance. However, when i transfer that item back to my shared stash, i only receive 1 copy, the other 2 are not in my shared stash, neither do they show up in IA… any tips on what do to here?

Also: is there a possibility to filter on set items only in the IA?

Thanks !

User error, solved on discord.

I assume that I am doing something wrong but items from Grimarillion (not all items just items with the +1 to all skills) are showing up as “+1 to all skills in” and then it doesn’t list the class. The classes from the vanilla game are showing up but nothing from the TQ classes.

I have tried “Load Database” and “Update Item Stats” from the “Grim Dawn” tab in Item Assistant and that didn’t seem to work. I did this for both the main game as well as from the Grimarillion heading under “Path.”

One other thing from the “Items” tab when I click on the the “Help” button it just changes the area underneath to pink and doesn’t show anything. I can post screenshots if this wasn’t quite clear.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, is there a max number of items that can be transferred at one time? I had filled up the transfer tab with rings, amulets, and medals and it wouldn’t take them until I removed some number of them. This was in Grimarillion so the bank tabs are kind of gigantic. It isn’t a big deal as I got it to work but I was just curious so I don’t try to do it again.

OK, so I guess there isn’t a fix for the “+1 to all skills in” being blank. This is disappointing. I play Grimarillion and Dawn of Masteries almost exclusively so now I have to figure out how to transfer all of the gear back to characters so that I can use a different unlimited storage mod.

I just looked at my “Backed Up Characters” and it appears that only the characters that I have for the base game are backed up and it does not back up characters from mods. Unless I am doing something wrong which is entirely possible. I am glad I didn’t run into any problems but I do have my files backed up elsewhere so I guess it isn’t an issue.

I am just disappointed that it wasn’t spelled out in large type somewhere that this amazing mod (It is an amazing mod. It doesn’t work for me which is my problem and not any fault with the developer.) doesn’t work with custom games. Well, it doesn’t work 100% with custom game mods. It will hold all of your items it just won’t show all the stats correctly.

GD stash and Item Assistant are fully interopable. You can import your stash directly into GD stash without having to be inconvenienced with characters

Item Assistant is not a character backup tool, any backups that IA performs of your characters is done merely as a courtesy, as it may help the user recover characters in the event of a catastrophic event. The IA backup functionality is focused primarily around items, not characters.

You are faced with a single minor inconvenience for a single mod. Please, go cry me a river.

@slipperypete Have a couple questions about your mod. One of them was about this mod and GD Stash but I see that been answered above so that’s good to know they work together. :+1:

I am using a mod called Grim UI: X-Mod, which makes the storage space with the smuggler much larger. Would that be a problem if using your Item Assistant ? In regards to the transfer to and from the Item Assistant I mean ?

Also, if you have two or more of the same item, will they all still be saved with the same stats on them as when put into the Item Assistant, or would it end up being two or more items with the same stats ?

Sorry if these questions already been asked but going through almost 3,000 replies would be a bit daunting ! :crazy_face:

I’ve never tested it myself, but it should work fine. IA will attempt to auto-detect the size of your stash tabs. Worst case, IA might think your target stash tab is full, even when its only half full.

IA will show them as identical items, but if you transfer them back into the game, they’ll each have their original individual stats. IA will display them as identical because IA doesn’t know the algorithm to derive the exact stats, but it does know how to reproduce them as-is, so transfering an item will always reproduce the exact same item you put in. It will never modify them.

The second question might be in the FAQ… first one definitely warrants a question, it’s not something that’s often asked.

1 Like

Thank you for the replies, I got to admit I only read the first post and never went to your website so did not see the FAQ page ! :blush: Appreciate you replying though. :beers:

Come to think about one more question. In the two linked videos, the second one that says it is a bit dated. The player in the video mention that Item Assistant don’t like green items (thinking of the MI etc) so wondering if that is still the case and only use the tool for Blue and Purple items ? :thinking: (Couldn’t see it being in your FAQ but might have missed it, if so, sorry ! )

Although, if the Item Assistant works properly with the expanded storage mod I am using, then getting ride of all blue and purple items I have enough space for the green MI etc items ! :rofl:

Think that’s quite dated… Years and years ago, IA didn’t have support for showing the prefix and suffix.

1 Like

Seems to be working fine, although just did a one item transfer back to the stash but from stash to the IA it worked fine having a couple lines with items, think most was like 27 items in one go. I have not done it all yet though, since another question come to mind while trying it out, or two even.

Having IA open and seeing the message that X items been transferred it wont update unless I click on the third drop down menu even if it already having the Grim UI X-Mod selected. Is that a normal feature or should it actually update automatically once an item been transferred ? :thinking:

Also have a red dot flashing circle as shown in the screenshot (well, it barely shows in the full picture, but you can see the red dot at least), and it stays, or rather moves to another items if changing from say Chaos to Lightning etc.

Here it shows better.

Any chance that could be turned off ?

Not that I think it matters but my game is on GOG. The set up went smoothly though, only the two things above that seem a bit off, although might be a feature of the mod ?

Thanks for taking the time to answer a n00bs questions, very much appreciated ! :beers:

For further help just hop on the IA discord, can walk you trough any issues.

Alright, I can do that in the future. But what about the above issue, is it normal behavior or did I mess something up ? Just incase someone else come along and wondering the same thing ?

Thank you for your ever so helpful input.

1 Like

Hello and thank you for your hard work. I have following issues :

• Transferring FROM stash works. Well kind of. Item disappears from stash but never shows up in IA screen

• Recovering item FROM IA doesnt work. Item disappears from IA screen when i transfer it but never shows up in stash

Got any expansions that you own but have disabled to play with a friend?
If yes: Update to 1.2.7907.24527 or see https://github.com/marius00/iagd/issues/71

i dont have any expansions disabled but updating worked. Thank you.

If there is no stash after removing game save files (to start from scratch), it seems that Item Assistant goes into search loop “couldnot locate and stash files” and trashes cpu (20% nonstop). As soon as I created character and played with it stopped. At least this is my guess why.

Deleted my Grim Dawn folder and opened IA, could not reproduce the issue.

Idling at ~2-3% CPU usage.
Expected since it’s parsing existing items though…

Just to add that I also deleted saves and data files in Item Assistant and rebuilt it. Then it was spinning nonstop searching for “stash files”.
It took me 10 minutes to figure what was happening, thought I broke something, reinstalled it and only after starting playing it found what it was looking for.
May be adding some condition “if game files not found, stop searching for some time”. It is edge case though.
Works good now, great tool for hoarders fun.

Item Assistant is pretty hard on HDD when starting, trashing it for solid 15-20 seconds, moving folder to SSD helps a lot.