Dawn of Masteries

Dawn of Masteries 1.5.1 from ModDB
Dawn of Masteries 1.5.1 from NexusMods

Rainbow file, thanks Matougi

I have been thinking of creating a mod that collects the various mastery mods for a while now. Obviously there is no point in replicating Grimarillion, and with the initial limit to the number of masteries a mod could have, I went with a somewhat different set of masteries.
The mod brings back some of the ‘forgotten’ mastery mods which were not upgraded for FG (Cataclysm and NCFF) while not including Zenith.

With Grim Dawn version 1.1.6.1 increasing the mastery limit, Dawn of Masteries added the Zenith and Diablo 2 (Noble Paladin) mods, so from a mastery perspective the mod is now a superset of Grimarillion.

While the mod contains the below mods, I rearranged the .dbr structure. This means that you cannot transfer a char from any of the included mastery mods (or Grimarillion) to this one.

In order to have a reasonable chance of finding the unique item you are looking for, despite all the additional uniques, dismantling a unique item now has a 50% chance to result in an epic or legendary token. These tokens can be traded for a unique item at specialized blacksmiths. The items to summon these blacksmiths can be bought at the Devil’s Crossing faction vendor. As dismantling requires dynamite, the DC faction vendor is now also selling dynamite.

Included mods
Versions
  • 1.5.1 Diablo 2 updated to v0.8.12, Diablo 3 updated to Definitive Edition 4.6HF1, Grim Quest updated to v87a, Zenith updated to v87a, Grim UI updated to X-Hoarder v2.04
  • 1.5.0 Updated to Grim Dawn 1.2.0.0
  • 1.4.0 Diablo 2 updated to v0.8.10, Diablo 3 updated to Definitive Edition U4.1, Grim Quest updated to v86, Zenith updated to v86
  • 1.3.0 Diablo 2 updated to v0.89, Diablo 3 updated to 4.1u2, GD 1.1.9.6 incorporated
  • 1.2.9 Grim Quest updated to v82
  • 1.2.8 Grim Quest updated to v81, Diablo 3 updated to 4.0u2
  • 1.2.7 Diablo 3 updated to 4.0u1, MIs from GrimLeague Season 3 added
  • 1.2.6 New summonable NPC to exchange unique items for tokens
  • 1.2.5 Grim UI updated to X-Hoarder (requires rearrangement of items), Diablo 2 updated to v0.833b
  • 1.2.4 Diablo 3 updated to 3.9, Grim UI updated to X-Storage
  • 1.2.3 Sparker updated to 1.6, Reskill expanded to skill modifiers
  • 1.2.2 Diablo 3 updated to 3.8U1
  • 1.2.1 Diablo 3 updated to 3.8
  • 1.2.0 Uniques drop directly. Tokens can be gained from dismantling (50% chance)
  • 1.1.0 Diablo 2 updated to 0.883
  • 1.0.9 Diablo 3 updated to 3.7HF1, GrimQuest updated to v80a
  • 1.0.8 Diablo 3 updated to 3.7, Sparker updated to 1.3
  • 1.0.7 Diablo 3 updated to 3.6, GrimQuest updated to v79a
  • 1.0.6 GrimQuest updated to v78, Zenith updated to v78, Sparker updated to 1.2b
  • 1.0.5 Diablo 3 updated to 3.5, Sparker mastery added, Grimmest FG changed to also spawn bosses
  • 1.0.4 Diablo 3 updated to 3.4, Grim Quest updated to v77d
  • 1.0.3 Grim Quest updated to 77c, Reskill added, Devotion Gems from Extended Mayhem added, Environmental FX from GrimFX added
  • 1.0.2 Grim Quest updated to 77
  • 1.0.1 Diablo 2 updated to 0.87, Diablo 3 updated to 3.3
  • 1.0.0 Update for GD 1.1.7.0, blueprints for high level uniques with affixes added
  • 0.9.9 Diablo 2 masteries added, Cataclysm masteries updated (thanks MVP), NCFF high level uniques added
  • 0.9.8 Grim Quest updated to 76, Cataclysm masteries changed to Cataclysm Redone (where available)
  • 0.9.7 Grim Quest updated to 75b, Zenith masteries added
  • 0.9.6b Frost Knight mastery added
  • 0.9.6a Update for Grim Dawn 1.1.6.0, Monk and Necromancer from NCFF added, additional cosmetic auras from Path of Grim Dawn added
  • 0.9.6 Update from Grim UI Hoarder to Grim UI X-Mod, cosmetic auras from Path of Grim Dawn, fix for unique token drops
  • 0.9.5 Updated to latest Grim UI, the Grim UI skins can now be switched out by exchanging the Grim_UI_X-Mod.arc of the mod, fixes to Harbinger, Hive Queen, and +1 to mastery components
  • 0.9.4: Stasher mod replaced by Grim UI - Hoarder mod, bugfixes
  • 0.9.3: Grim Quest updated to Grimarillion 74a
  • 0.9.2: additional wings added, Cataclysm augments now drop, NCFF armor values updated to current standard
  • 0.9.1: bugfixes
  • 0.9.0: Grimmest FG added
  • 0.8.1 - 0.8.6: bugfixes
  • 0.8.0: initial release

Mastery Combination Names

36 Likes

The mastery selection screen’s scale is off so the “undo mastery selection button” doesnt show.

Unfortunately the mastery selection screen and the skill screen and some others all use the same window size, so I cannot have one bigger (the selection) and the others their regular size.

Will have to check why the ‘Undo’ button is not showing up, but you can simply press ‘escape’ to do so too I believe.

After playing with it for a bit i figured out that the “undo” button is there, it’s just under the 2nd mastery button.

Version 0.81 released, adds the ‘Undo Class’ button.

Yeah, boy!

This are a mod for my Brother.He found Grimmilion overwhelming.He doesn’t know they changed it but this once.Easy and slow paced.Personally i love a Difficulty mod as the vanilla game was way to easy.

Looks great. It includes full mods or masteries only? I mean, full Cataclysm, Full Diablo mod? Which version of these mods?

Can’t wait to check this out!

Question.Will you consider adding a density npc?Not as extreme as Grimmilion.The main problem i found with vanilla Grim dawn was it was Barren.I like when hordes gang up on you so it takes a lot more strategy to survive.

Great mod either way :slight_smile: I Fell in love with the ranger <3

Can you upload it somewhere else besides Nexus? I don’t want to have to make an account just to download a mod.

Masteries and items for the most part. I did not include the increased mob density from Cataclysm for example as I probably will add something for that later.

I also took the Shattered Realm bosses from D3, but not the Forgotten Souls mechanic, as that had way too much overlap with vanilla for my taste and I have a different approach to uniques with the tokens anyway.

Is there something in particular you are looking for / missing ?

All mods are using their latest releases as of now

Cataclysm 1.99 (plus minor adjustments by me, as Life Leech was phased out in vanilla since, I did the same here)
Diablo 3 3.2 HF1
Grim Quest from Grimarillion 73c
NCFF 1.32b

I am waiting for the next release of Grimmest, and then will probably add that - which would make it identical to how Grimarillion does it.

Will have to see if things can be toned down a bit, but since Grimmest offers multiple settings for that when talking to Zeke, one of those hopefully already suits your needs :wink:

You need an account to download ?

Will upload to moddb later…

Yep.

ah tyvm.It’s not for me i play Grimmilion on hectic settings it’s just for my brother.If Grimist will work fine as you can disable the density so my brother can have it the way he wants.Great mod Hopefully one day we can get 1 that added D2 classes :smiley:

Btw i don’t think you did class combination names yet?I got ranger with demon hunter(i think) and it just says ranger.Not infront of my pc so can’t check lol

yes, some combinations are still missing. I used the ones from Grimarillion as a baseline, plus whatever the mods came with (ie mod mastery + vanilla combinations), but the rest are not filled properly, so Cataclysm / NCFF x Grim Quest / Diablo 3 and Cataclysm x NCFF are just the single mastery names.

I am open for suggestions :smiley:

medea, so neat and tidy and here I am all like…

…like the slob I am.

ModDB download added

1 Like

Thanks mamba. :blush:

1 Like