Dawn of Masteries

Not looking for anything specifically, just wanted to know what the mod use, usually when people (for example Grimarillion) release a modpack, they include exact version numbers of mods included, so we can be sure what content is there in the mod. So thank you for this information. You said “forgotten souls mechanic” which means what? We can’t craft D3 items, only loot those items? Also what different approach to uniques? Mystery Boxes from Cataclysm? Thanks for your answers, definetly want to try this one out as my secondary mod. Also, if you can talk with the author of Grim Internals, it would be nice to have support for Crucible, i don’t know if its possible, but basically its the only upside using Grimarillion over this mod. You did a great job with this as far as im concerned. Keep it up!

Pretty sure you know this but some gems doesn’t have anything.Example Sapphire and some have weird stuff in which idk cause i most properly never played those mods.I may have to revisit them to see what everything does😂

In D3 Forgotten Souls have a chance to drop from heroes and bosses, which you then can trade for a random D3 unique at the D3 blacksmith. As you can already get D3 uniques from the tokens, I did not add this, esp. since that means changing every hero / boss and I try to keep the overlap with vanilla small.

Cataclysm used the boxes to add its items without having to change too much of vanilla, that did not make it for the same reason (tokens) - although I have something similar for components as I did not want to negatively affect drop rate for the regular components

What do you mean by ‘doesn’t have anything’ ? No bonuses ? Will have to check that then

If you stumble across more of that, please let me know, if I were aware I would already have fixed it :smiley:

Hunting mastery bar is not active.

Version 0.8.2 released

Fixes the GQ Hunting mastery button, some Cataclysm components (they were incorrect in that mod itself), adds affixes for D3

1 Like

This is awesome! Thank you, mamba. I’ve wanted just a mastery mod that had them all for awhile.

Ok.Seems after this update it’s fixed.It only has skills bonuses.Is that correct?For instance Emerald has +2 to Aether Grenade and + 1 to sharpshooter

Yes, I used the components of the other masteries as a guideline and they too give bonuses to two skills.

Noticed the blacksmiths do not show their random recipes, only the ones for specific items, working on that, after that things should be fine (finally).

Version 0.8.3 released

The random recipes of the blacksmiths are now displayed. The idea is to use them to exchange tokens for unique items, Buying a specific item was intended to be the exception - but of course that requires these recipes to be shown…

1 Like

Shweet like a lemon.Well i am very nab in remembering skills though.It’s most prob just me getting old :rofl:
Can’t wait for Grimist add will make this mod so epic.

Best mod for GD out for sure, thanks alot. (endorsed on Nexus)

Latest things i noticed that aren’t right :

-When you go ingame and check your class(es) it says i picked Necromancer but i click undo, and go back to my Nightblade where i put points. Then it’s all good.

-When i go back to the main menu, my character only have 1 hand (not showing my off hand weapon)

-Class names update in the future ? I mean, i like ‘Nightbane’ though. (I picked Nosferatu + Nightblade, Vampiresss <3)

i honestly think that this is an great mod! it has all the mastery’s but no immense density changes like grimarillion

1. no idea if that is mod specific or GD - or how the mod would cause this

2. sounds like the offhand is from the mod, not vanilla, I don’t think there is anything I can do about this if the item is shown properly in game

3. there are a ton of combinations that still need names, I will do what Grimarillion did and have this be a community effort by publishing a spreadsheet :wink:

thanks, density changes are planned for the future, same as in Grimarillion - but as with Grimarillion you will be able to turn them off / will start with vanilla density and can change it from there

awesome! and i am looking forwrd to future updates as this may become one of my favourite mods, have you thought about making an discord for easy access yet?

Not really, am not on Discord all that much. To me this is the preferred way to get feedback.

You can find me in the Grimarillion and other mods Discord sometimes though, it has its own Dawn of Masteries thread now.

Just a quick question.I got a voidcaller + a Mage for a casting summoner.I learned Summon Hardbringer.I got the bonus Metamorpheses on Harbringer Pet scales with player bonuses

As i understand pet should not have hp?or hp bar with that bonus so does this skill work correctly as it still says 366hp on harbringer.

Not sure why you think the pet should not have HP. Scaling with player bonuses means the pet damage is increased by e.g. +% cold rather than +% pet damage, ie it benefits from the same bonuses that affect the player rather than a separate set of bonuses.
I don’t think it means anything beyond that.

Oh i read an article about it saying player scaled pets does not have it’s own hp bar.Np just wanted to make sure :smiley: