Quick disclaimer: NO, this is NOT a mod for respeccing skills/masteries/etc. It’s something completely different.
Big thanks to mamba for updating the mod to v220.127.116.11 of Grim Dawn!
Ever wanting to expand on build diversity, I had the idea to come up with a mod that allowed players to use any item’s proc regardless of their build. The implementation details escaped me for a few days, but at last, it dawned on me: make components for every item proc in the game, and let players place those components as they willed.
So I did just that:
Video overview of the mod: https://youtu.be/WIbzQufUpY4
How to use
- Reach Honored with the Outcast
- Obtain 1 Iron Bit
- Purchase “Infernus’s Furnace” from the Outcast’s faction vendor (Honored tier)
- Use the item (it will be consumed on use)
- Talk to the smith that appears.
- Move over to the components tab
- Scroll down to the components, realize you need the base item with its skill and two rare components, as well as 50,000 more Iron Bits
- Get that shit
- Craft that shit
- Realize you need to be level 85 to socket the resulting component into your gear
- Do that
Reskill is released open-sourced and its contents are made to be as mergeable as possible. It uses its own custom-named .arz and .arc files, as well as one text_en.arc that would need to be rebuilt for merging. The mod should have extremely few conflicts with other mods.
Do with it as you wish!
Enjoy! Let me know of any bugs you find, suggestions you have, or amazing proc combinations you come up with! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go farm some Earthsplitters…