[Mod] Grim League S03

This is the mod we used for the Grim Dawn Community League season 3, in its post league version.

Donwload:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1By0-Vn0wf2whSdT7WnrHHeAgkTtKEY1W/view?usp=sharing

Features:

• 3 superbosses from Season 2 make their return, with 3 new ones awaiting daring adventurers
  • Many new MIs and a some legendaries
  • Mourndale 1 time boss is repeatable
  • Bastion of Chaos gates removed
  • Only requirement to spawn nemesis, is to be level 30. On ultimate they spawn at lvl 120
  • Opening chests can trigger an ambush ( like a mini totem event)
  • Added a new level. Once the warden quest is completed, take the boat on shore near Devil’s Crossing
  • Moved Dark One’s set drop to SR loot room
  • Vendor MI changes:
    • 84% to roll double magic
    • 16% to roll a single rare affix or suffix
  • Mogdrogen/Ravager/Callagadra/Crate fights are now on a 22m 30s time limit, else they heal to 100%
  • Random legendary gambling costs reduced
  • Maybe ambushes and bosses work in Multi Player … maybe

Installation

• download mod from link above
  • Navigate to Grim Dawn install directory → mods folder
  • Place the downloaded archive file in the mod folder
  • Right click on the archive and user “Extract Here” option
  • Start Grim Dawn, on the left side, click Main Campaign > Custom Game select “GrimLeagueS03 ~ world001.map” and press Accept.
  • To confirm the installation went properly: double click on the GrimLeagueS03 folder and inside you should find 2 folders - “database” and “resources”

Huge thank you to everyone that helped make the Community League come to life:
ArmoredOtter (Lore)
Eluminator (Testing)
GroundZero (API/Website)
Houck (Map Maker)
MikeFic (PR)
MrMonday (Launcher)
Plasmastrike (Testing)
RektByProtoss (Items & FX)
Touma (Music)
Eveyrone that participate in the event

9 Likes

Mark it to show support!

Excuse me, how can this shortcut and gate be activated or opened?

1 Like

Requirement to open the gate is to be 100, and guess we did not account for lvl 124s coming along :rofl: .

User this command to warp past the gate:
character.warpcursor true
to turn off: character.warpcursor false

When you explore the other side you will be able to return via the shortcut.

Level 100 and ultimate. The conditions fully meet the requirements, but I still can’t open the door normally (although I have time and space shuttle). :grin:

What I want to ask is, in addition to using console commands, is there a normal way to open the door in the game?

You are doing it right, be 100 on ultimate and stand infront of the door.

The fact it is opening for me and not for you, means that your mod merging was not entirely successful.

I even have 2 good start off guesses where it went wrong:

• your ignored the scripts.arc file (and maybe other .arc)
  • or you did merge the script files with those from the other mods you are using. But you did not change the grimdawn.lua file to load in all the scripts.

Well, your guess is right. I did modify scripts arc > map. Lua’s conditional statement, is normal after it is restored. Thank you for your answer.

So, if I want to remove the two restrictions of level 100 and ultimate difficulty, how should I modify the map lua? (I think this restriction is too harsh for most ordinary players. :joy:)

function gd.map.triggerPortalsDoor()
	if Server then
		-- Normal; Epic; Legendary
		if ((Game.GetLocalPlayer():GetLevel() == 100 and Game.GetGameDifficulty() == Game.Difficulty.Legendary)) then
			door_portals:SetLocked(false)
			door_portals:Open()
		end
	end
end

In addition, whenever I kill the boss of the desert ruins and try to return, it will cause the game to crash and jam. Is the reason from my personal computer system?

Great that you found the issue and fixed it!

As for removing the condition, you can comment it out like this.

function gd.map.triggerPortalsDoor()
	if Server then
		-- Normal; Epic; Legendary
		-- if ((Game.GetLocalPlayer():GetLevel() == 100 and Game.GetGameDifficulty() == Game.Difficulty.Legendary)) then
			door_portals:SetLocked(false)
			door_portals:Open()
		-- end
	end
end

Though to access the bosses on normal/elite you will have to modify the boss proxies and pools. Even then they migth be locked to a level 112, dont recall what the level limit is set to for those diffiulties.

As for the crash likely to be on your end, but I will check it out when I get a chance.

Thank you for your guidance. The previous problems have been successfully solved, except for the problem of collapse. However, there are new questions. What are the functions of the items prompted in the figure below?

From the text, we can see that there are many similar things. What are their acquisition methods and functions?

The function that prompts the onsreen message is gd.GDLeague.RecoverToken in grimleague.lua file .
To disable it you can comment out the entire function or only the UI.Notify() part.

As for the lines marked in yout 2nd screen, they are items ( some used, some left over from previous seasons.)

According to your guidance, I modify scripts\game\gdleague\gdleagues02.lua as follows:

function gd.GDLeague.BoxTriggerMPCheck()
	local player = Game.GetLocalPlayer()
	-- gd.GDLeague.RecoverToken()
	--gd.GDLeague.TestToken("Dungeon_PV")
	QuestGlobalEvent("GDLeagueMP")
end
function gd.GDLeague.GiveStartingItems(id)
	if Server then
		local player = Game.GetLocalPlayer()
		if(player == nil) then
			return
		end
		gd.quests.devilsCrossingNPCSpiritGuide.triggerSpawnNecklace(id)
		-- gd.GDLeague.RecoverToken()
		--gd.GDLeague.TestAllTokens()
		if(player:HasToken("Received_Start_Items") or player:GetLevel() > 2 or Game.GetGameDifficulty() ~= Game.Difficulty.Normal) then
			return
		end
		GiveTokenToLocalPlayer("Received_Start_Items")
		player:GiveItem(LeagueEntryToken, 1, false)
		player:GiveItem("records/items/grimleague/comsumables/starting_items_gift.dbr", 1, false)
		GiveTokenToLocalPlayer(participationtoken)
	end
end

Although there are no more pop-up prompts, I’m not sure whether the modification is correct and whether the game content will be missing.

What you have right now will work.

However, before you edited your post, you only had the function name comentted out, not the code inside it.

If you want 0 screen notification, commenting out every UI.Notify will work ( in grimleague.lua, you might want the notifications from the other files)

Sorry, my English is terrible and I don’t understand scripting language at all.

Do you mean that commenting out “UI. Notify” is safer than commenting out “GD. Gdleague. Recovertoken()”?

-- UI.Notify("tagGDLeagueMissingToken")
		-- UI.Notify("tagGDLeagueLuaDebug01")
		-- UI.Notify("tagGDleagueLuaDebug02")
		-- UI.Notify(gd.GDLeague.TokenTable[key]["notification"])
		-- UI.Notify("tagGDleagueLuaDebug03")

Which of the above items are unnecessary to comment out?

All of these are safe to remove. They are related killing particular enemies, something more important when the season was in progress.

Thank you very much for your patient answer. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know what these things are for:
GrimLeagueS03-???

Potion here is used to slow down your exp gain

Bellow it are hunter coins that you gain from ambushes. Can keep them to get more ambushes or give to Cyrrah at Hunter’s Blind.
If you decide to do that you get one of the items on the left side. Keeping one of them in the inventory will prevent you from getting that mutator in SR.

The chest gives you starting items.

The rest you cant do anything with.

Um? Why is such an interesting mod silent and there is no more news?

嗯?这么有趣的Mod怎么沉寂了,没有下文了呢?

This is the post season version, with all updated and fixes already complete.
Any new features/fixes go into Season 4 ( welcome to seasonal modding :smiley: )

News/Reveals/Streams are announced over at the discord.
anyone can join: Grim Dawn League S4

So not going to advertise it on the forum? :frowning_face:

We always create a date annoucement post here, reddit and facebook.
But those can quickly get buried. On reddit we actually manged to get it pinned for S3 for several days.

Sorry for bothering you but can you estimate when 4th season will start?

I cannot get my old discord running no idea why.

And I think it’s time for me for participate :slight_smile:
Not that I have a lot of time to play but still !