Question about extracting resource arc files

So couple hours ago i was lookng at this thread about unextract files from mods, it’s pretty easy when it comes with database files, for it only has one file, but with resource files, it’s really stupid to only have to extract them individually, one by one, so my question is , is there any other ways to do so? More reasonable ways? Extracting the whole folder doesn’t work by the way.

Thanks a lot.

You can use Archive Manager to unpack everything from your mod (instead of unpacking the game).
You just need to change directories appropriately in Options, click “extract game’s files” and select your mod folder.

It doesn’t really work that way when tried it before, or maybe i was setting it wrong, to my understanding asset manager only works with vanilla files, even when you extract all the files from the game, the mod files stay untouched.
No worries, i’ve already done it with classic hard-labor way, it’s pretty stupid to do so, but i only need to do it once, so well…

I tried it before writing my message and unpacked the whole Dawn of Masteries mod without problems :wink: You must have set it up wrong because you’re not supposed to extract game’s files only the mod files using this method

Yeah i suppose i’ve got it wrong, i didn’t set the right direction for the manager, maybe next time i’ll try it out, to be honest, i was afraid to mess the files up, so i didn’t change the original setting.
There are three directions in option menu, like game, build, tool, do i need to change them all? Lecture me if you please, kind sir.

working dir (where’s it’s extracted) I set to some new arbitrary directory, I selected subdirectory of working because I already have extracted Grim Dawn files there:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\working\MOD_NAME\

build dir - doesn’t matter I think because we are not building here, just extracting

tools - should stay the same as Asset Manager is probably using programs from this folder

additional browse / source - I set them to empty, not sure if needed

Now after you click extract you need to select your Mod folder with packed files instead of Game’s directory, for example:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\mods\MOD_NAME

Thank you for the instructions mate, would try it out next time when the mods got updated, for now it’s already done. Really appreciate it.

So i only need to change the work dir, that’s quite convenient.

1 Like