Dawn of Masteries

Huh, that is weird. No idea how you managed that… You obviously need everything else from my mod and replace its .arz with what you created. Your .arz has to contain all the dbrs from mine, not just the ones you changed. Also, the .arz has to have the same name as the dir the mod is in (i.e. the dir in the mods dir you created for it). Can’t think of anything else, but none of this should cause what you describe…

Character running off screen sounds like an animation issue with the player character file, this happens when people try to play FG mods (grimarillion for example) and they only own AOM. Dunno how you would have had this issue though

Dawn of Masteries 0.9.3 released

Updates the Grim Quest masteries to Grimarillion v74a
Adds the Grimarillion v74 changes to Grimmest hero spawns

1 Like

Thanks for the update.
The Rainbow file also updated for Dawn for Masteries 0.9.3.

2 Likes

Can you add [MOD]2020 New Caravaner & VX-Character as an option for this game or something that increase’s character inventory.

Caravaner has a smaller stash, and I am not interested in that. If I change, it will be to Grim UI Hoarder. I am not sure there is much need for a larger inventory though.

Stash space is about the same as stasher. Character inventory is huge in New Caravaner did you get a chance to look at the super cool inventory size’s its great for the dungeons you don’t get to pick up everything because you run out of space so soon. Figure with such I cool mod you’d be more open to it.

We actually talked on discord about this before. I put a screen shot of this on grim dawn reborn. Thanks anyways. Too bad i really like this mod.

Yeah, my mistake, I did not notice how deep it is, just noticed that it has less columns in the stash. So this now makes it more interesting. The problem with switching now is that people who used columns 23 and up in the current version would no longer have access to those items if I switched to Caravaner.

What I like about Grim UI is the ability to have different skins - even though that currently has some limitations with mods, if that is ever fixed by Crate, I would prefer it for that reason.

I wonder why tt300 did not have 30 columns for the stash though, there clearly is room for it, as that is what Stasher / XHoarder has. That would then really be as big as it could be, and there would be no issue with switching from Stasher…

Yeah Caravaner is sexy if you like inventory space and not so worried about giant stash. Which this one does as well.

Any way to just do one for each type? I really love this mod ty for looking into this!

Right now I am thinking about looking into combining the two, i.e. basically Caravaner, but with 30 columns rather than 22 for the stash. That way nothing gets hidden in the stash the mod currently has and there is even more storage.

The only potential issue with that are really small resolutions (1280 x Y and below). At 1280, the current stash size would not be fully shown when combining it with the char inventory of Caravaner. At 1360, which is the next higher resolution I see in game, it is.

Would UI scaling not work for the lower reso though?My brother use to play on 720p before i gave him my old gpu and he played grimmilion with UI scaling to fit stash.

I was taking scaling into account. At regular size, 30 column stasher and caravan inventory use exactly 1920 width. The 22 column stash somewhat less, but I doubt it fits into the next lower res without scaling.

That difference however helps it to fit into 1280 width when fully scaled down.

Well any chance with just a verison for most of us who have a decent computer lol

Thank you for looking into this. One the issues i have had with GD has always been the inventory space.

Hey Mamba,

I spent a little time looking at Grim UI hoarder i love that rustic look, where you thinking about adding that one or is there a way to use that with your mod now? With any knowledge of modding?

Thanks again for a great mod.

I was thinking about adding it to give players the ability to choose their look (there are three custom looks, plus vanilla), but that does not currently really work as the files in the mod take precedence over the ones in settings.

If I add it, you will need to unpack the ui.arc, copy over the .tex from the version you want and then create an updated .arc to change the look. At least until (if ever) Crate changes the order of precedence for either the UI dir in settings, or maybe textures in general or something like that.

To use it now, you would in addition need to extract the .arz and then copy in all the .dbr files from the XHoarder mod, overwriting whatever is in mine in the ui folder. I don’t think there is any other overlap, so you should be good with that. If there is, you would need to look into how to combine those two files (I can help with that as it is at most one file…) and then build a new .arz

So this would be the Caravaner with 30 columns for the stash at regular scale. Still not sure I will use it…

You would be my hero! Does that count for anything?

Any chance you can just make a separate download for this for people with better resolution.

You mean just the UI change, or two versions of DoM ? I can certainly release a separate XCaravan mod, not really interested in having two versions of DoM for this, esp if I add Grim UI XHoarder which also increases the inventory, just not as much.

Grim UI probably would be better on the eyes, that is really sweet looking. Obviously whatever you decide is great! Thank for actually taking the time to think about it.

I had already been thinking about adding Grim UI (the Stash mod) to give players the ability to select their skin, but when I tried that it did not really work.

As GD gives the mod priority over the settings folder, you can reskin the vanilla screens that way (as they are not usually part of the mod), but not the stasher window, as that comes with the mod, not vanilla.
So adding GrimUI still would not allow for a full reskin by using the settings folder due to this. Because of that I then left everything as it was in the latest release.

I will probably add its Hoarder variant anyway, at a minimum it gives you more inventory space, even if easily changing the skin is still not possible - which originally would have been my main reason for adding it… here’s to hoping Crate addresses that :wink: