Dawn of Masteries

oh the files themselves, yes, I did combine the tags differently

I am surprised you have to care about the files and tags, not sure why that is not something the tool figures out automatically…

To me ‘all’ the tool has to do is look at each item and affix dbr, figure out the rarity, figure out the tag for the name, find the tag for the name and add a color at the beginning of the text. All of which requires no user input other than which mod to process (or vanilla itself) and which color to use for which rarity.
Not sure why it seems to be so much more complicated than that.

I was not referring to your zip but to the tool that created the files in that zip

Ohhhhh the fangshi class was cool af

I’ll dl this mod tonight :slight_smile:

pls put shattered affixes on it, I give u kiss on the cheek

What is the “tool” you are talking about?

The WareBare’s Rainbow Tool I use only supports Crate vanilla, not mods such as third party masteries or items. As a result, those mod-specific items have to be worked on manually.

Really ? even worse than I thought… yes, that was the tool I was thinking of, did not know it cannot handle mods.

I really like this mod, but would like to make a few changes in the item data. I believe the source files are needed to be able to edit the mod, since it´s not visible in the asset manager atm. Are the sources published somewhere? Would you be willing to share them?

I am not providing sources because this is mostly a compilation of other mods.

For the sources go to these other mods, some come with them, for other parts there are not even any sources, just the compiled results. For yet other parts I did not bother including the sources in my mod’s sources and just add the compiled textures, meshes and animations of the original mod in the end (I have to do that for the parts that have no actual soruces anyway and it is less work than adding the sources to my mod).

That being said, if your changes are for dbr entries, all you need to do is extract the .arz to get them, make your changes and create a new .arz.So for this you do not really need any ‘other’ sources. I assume that if you can compile an .arz, you also know how to extract it. If not, let me know.

Thank you for the reply, I did manage to extract the .arz file and make the desired changes, but cant compile it back again. I used the grimarz program since archivetool crashes. Do you know of other ways to compile the .arz file?

I compile the arz with AssetManager. You will need to set it up first though.

Thanks for the help, now the newly compiled mod is malfunctioning completely (when starting game teh dude just runs out from the map and the screen locks in place). Also running out of free time to study modding now, maybe getting back at some point or just going to play your mod which is already fun in itself. Kinda wish there was a way to just run more than one mod simultaneously like in most games.

Huh, that is weird. No idea how you managed that… You obviously need everything else from my mod and replace its .arz with what you created. Your .arz has to contain all the dbrs from mine, not just the ones you changed. Also, the .arz has to have the same name as the dir the mod is in (i.e. the dir in the mods dir you created for it). Can’t think of anything else, but none of this should cause what you describe…

Character running off screen sounds like an animation issue with the player character file, this happens when people try to play FG mods (grimarillion for example) and they only own AOM. Dunno how you would have had this issue though

Dawn of Masteries 0.9.3 released

Updates the Grim Quest masteries to Grimarillion v74a
Adds the Grimarillion v74 changes to Grimmest hero spawns

1 Like

Thanks for the update.
The Rainbow file also updated for Dawn for Masteries 0.9.3.

2 Likes

Can you add [MOD]2020 New Caravaner & VX-Character as an option for this game or something that increase’s character inventory.

Caravaner has a smaller stash, and I am not interested in that. If I change, it will be to Grim UI Hoarder. I am not sure there is much need for a larger inventory though.

Stash space is about the same as stasher. Character inventory is huge in New Caravaner did you get a chance to look at the super cool inventory size’s its great for the dungeons you don’t get to pick up everything because you run out of space so soon. Figure with such I cool mod you’d be more open to it.

We actually talked on discord about this before. I put a screen shot of this on grim dawn reborn. Thanks anyways. Too bad i really like this mod.

Yeah, my mistake, I did not notice how deep it is, just noticed that it has less columns in the stash. So this now makes it more interesting. The problem with switching now is that people who used columns 23 and up in the current version would no longer have access to those items if I switched to Caravaner.

What I like about Grim UI is the ability to have different skins - even though that currently has some limitations with mods, if that is ever fixed by Crate, I would prefer it for that reason.

I wonder why tt300 did not have 30 columns for the stash though, there clearly is room for it, as that is what Stasher / XHoarder has. That would then really be as big as it could be, and there would be no issue with switching from Stasher…

Yeah Caravaner is sexy if you like inventory space and not so worried about giant stash. Which this one does as well.

Any way to just do one for each type? I really love this mod ty for looking into this!

Right now I am thinking about looking into combining the two, i.e. basically Caravaner, but with 30 columns rather than 22 for the stash. That way nothing gets hidden in the stash the mod currently has and there is even more storage.

The only potential issue with that are really small resolutions (1280 x Y and below). At 1280, the current stash size would not be fully shown when combining it with the char inventory of Caravaner. At 1360, which is the next higher resolution I see in game, it is.

Would UI scaling not work for the lower reso though?My brother use to play on 720p before i gave him my old gpu and he played grimmilion with UI scaling to fit stash.