RECIPE FARM?

Hello!! I would like to be able to fake the recipes of my blade master’s team, is there a website where I can get information about where the blueprints of each object fall?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Most drops in the game are random so not really possible to farm for specific ones. You can check the grimtools.com item database to see if any are targetable.

There are a very few recipes that are only from a particular source and those on Ultimate difficulty. Otherwise boss monsters, shrines and totems and on higher difficulties sometimes heroes too can have recipe drops. On normal / veteran difficulty, you have a limited number of recipes only.

The one place where you can farm recipes is Ancient Grove and the merchant Vinelton, who has a huge bunch of legendary recipes, you just need to keep running from end to end and doing area transitions. Buying the whole set of recipes off of him costs about 2 million iron, though. I know, because I nearly bankrupted one character farming them for a friend.

I hope this is ok and that I am not hijacking the thread, but it is a recipe question as well.

I am trying to get the Blueprint: Relic - Mistborn, which it says on grimtools that it drop from two certain bosses. The Blueprint is the last item I need for another Blueprint, hence trying to find it. Now, the problem (I think anyway) is that I am level 59, and I’m not quiet sure how to interpret grimtools, but after the drop item it says (Level 22) when looking at the boss’s Notable Loot section. Does that mean the item only drop up until level 22, or after ? I tried both bosses numerous times and so far nothing.

Have gotten two Ancient Heart’s though, even if those have a lower drop rate then the recipe, so I guess that’s good though ! :crazy_face:

So, part from the level thing, if a certain item, as in this case the Blueprint, says it drops from just certain Bosses, then there is no chance to find it elsewhere ?? So, just keep farming them, or have I missed my chance now due to being to high leveled ? :thinking:

Level 22 is just the level of the blueprint itself, not the boss’ level. The boss level is shown on the left next to “monster level”. You can select any level you like, and you will see that the blueprint always has an 18% chance to drop.

Have no fear, it does drop from them. I just did that farm in Elite around your level when I restarted recently. I opted for Balegor as it should be quicker to get to him. Took me about 10 runs to drop, but depends on RNG. Just keep at it!

And yes, it only drops from them. Can’t get it any other way… except GDStash.

Ahh right, thanks for that clarification, much appreciated !! :beers:

Sweet ! Thanks, although I’m on normal I still hope it drops, sooner then later ! :rofl:

Although I have GDStash installed, but that was because I needed more inventory space and did not want to restart a new character, so had to use GDStash when installing GrimUI: X-Mod, which was needed due to I transferred a started character to the custom section of the game. And then used GDStash to get back all the Blueprints that already dropped for me before the so called transfer. (Which is not exactly ‘cheating’, since they already had dropped for me previously.) But I wont be using it to make it easier for me in regards to items that has not yet dropped for me. Appreciate the information though, to be honest I did not even think about using it to get said Blueprint ! :rofl:

I actually do both, the smuggler pass don’t give any exp and all the extra loot is just extra iron for other things, and then the totem after Balegor, incase a good drop from there as well. Did 3 of those runs earlier, took around an hour, and last run with the totem gave me a purple rock that was useful for me, so not to bad. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for both your replies !! I be continuing farming these two bosses after work tomorrow and see if any luck ! :moneybag:

So, was going to do this now after work, but… I woke up a bit early this morning so after all done I thought I have enough time for a quick run, so fired up the game and went to Smugglers Pass, and lo and behold, the recipe dropped ! You said it took you about 10 runs for it to drop, took me 11 so about same time scale. :+1:

1 Like