ComboMod Testversion

I am at work, what do u want to test?

The character named "Combo Malnotris " Resurrector (Necromancer/witchdoctor) to test the pet build.
Save file directory location is in:
C:\Users*Username*\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\user\_Combo Malnotris

evening will message to u.

there’s no save file. I forgot where can find my save files…

Ah maybe they are online, thank you for tying this.

Howdy :slight_smile:

An update is coming up in a few minutes, targeting a few issues in the Shattered Realm and switching the lights out even more haha also the lowlevel area has become a bit more fair to new players i hope by still maintaining the chaos at endgame ;D Happy testing, will be available shortly.

##################################################################################
##################################################################################

• CHANGE: adjusted Grimcam + GDinternals INI files, absolutly not needed as usual, just a personal preference at this point → time set to 3 o clock in the night, overhauled bar colours, decluttering of health numbers, added a tiny extrabar above the playerhead for better overview in chaotic situations;
  • OPTIONAL: added 2 optional addonmods via the SETTINGSFOLDER that you might want to add aswell → 01. “GrimTex”, you will find it here → GrimTex at Grim Dawn Nexus - Mods and Community → this is an INCREDIBLE texture overhaul that will bring some fresh air into the overall graphics around Cairn, i really like this! and 02. “Hide the compass’ north indicator” addon from Grim UI, you will find it here → [REL] Grim UI → just to get rid of the N in the compass, handy if your map does not rotate :slight_smile: → absolutly RECOMMENDED!!
  • CHANGE: Starterbuff → decreased overall power, decreased duration to 1 hour! added +100% increased lightradius;
  • CHANGE: REMOVED Blood Shards from Breakableloot!
  • FIX: Novice Gems → TAG now correctly shows that they can be applied to medals ONLY;
  • FIX + CHANGE: solved the behaviour of the lightradius that, if it reached -101%, it bugged on zoomout and zoomin → now the world got even darker and the added lightradius really gives a bit of a new shine to the world :smiley: you will start in darkness and you will really NEED the added Wisps to enlighten yourself ;D also a bit of red has been taken from the nightlight;
  • NEW: Crazy Mike → new option: Give me some ComboMod WillOWisp consumables please…;
    ################################################################################
  • CHANGE + FIX: there was a big issue that the bossrooms in the SR lost their bossvariations, and especially the low shards were nearly impossible to beat, this was due to the changed bossroom values to have always a “big room” like on hte endgame shards, this introduced this behaviour and has been reverted to basegame values, ONLY the amount of bosses have been changed now to make it fair and issuefree ;D
  • CHANGE: Shattered Realm TOO overwhelming with the added heroarchetypes, especially at the beginning, therefor → massivly adjusted rulesets, once again, see the updated Shattered Realm section for all details :slight_smile: in short: it has become MORE fair now, especially for the start of the game on lowlevel, still kicking in at high shardlevels;
  • FIX: added Hero Archetype generatorskills to leftover heroes in the Shattered Realm;
  • CHANGE + FIX: Shattered Realm balanceadjustment files → added runspeedJitter of 15, REMOVED the added runspeedmodifier, REMOVED added dodge/deflect;
    ################################################################################
  • CHANGE: Diabolic Bosses have a MINLEVEL of 75 now and the player needs to be level 80 to spawn them in the Shattered Realm exclusivly on Elite + Ultimate difficulty; all their UNIQUE gearitems have a levelreq of 80+ now;
  • CHANGE + FIX + NEW: D3 Diabolic Boss → The Cowking → Drop: Defender of Westmark → revamped itemstats to be more useful for endgame, itemskill is way less laggy now → overhauled setup and projectilestats ajusted, casted on melee hit now at 75% chance;
  • CHANGE: D3 Diabolic Bosses → adjusted alot of settings again to give an overall better experience → controllers adjusted according to their petAnger value, viewdistance value and some more minor adjustments;
  • CHANGE: D3 Diabolic Boss Adria → increased damage from her mainattack, also scaled her lifeleach as it was intended and increased it even; added flat lifeleach to her passivestats → now she is very vampiric xD
  • CHANGE: D3 Diabolic Boss Azmodan → increased damage from his lavavortex → not a big fan of this effect (especially because it can’t just simply target the ground and flies over it in any settingcombination xD) but i also found nothing better for him at this point and i can’t create/edit a mesh :frowning:
  • CHANGE: Diabolic Bosses → changed behaviour versus playerpets, bosses will ignore pets way less but angertransferrate to the player is slightly increased, therefor the intervall for choosing the behaviour itself has decreased → INTEST!
  • CHANGE + FIX: ALL Archetype generators and monsters → spawnsettings adjusted again for a better experience especially in the Shattered Realm, LESS initial spawns and cooldowns increased, especially on lowlevel not that hard impacting IF GDM turned OFF, obviously :smiley:
  • CHANGE: Archetype Defender → initial spawnsettings for the beam adjusted → faster recasting, less uptime, further optimized movementsettings and did some styleadjustments; the spawned Hunter has 2 new skills to make it a bit harder for the player as he now has a lifetimer and will vanish together with his parental beam, if not killed before; another addonspawn has been added to the initial beam → another FAST TRAVELING beam is summoned SOMETIMES that hunts for the player, HIGH cooldown, this beam also can spawn the hunter on hit at a low chance, to increase it’s threat further also for range and caster playerchars;
  • CHANGE + FIX: Archetype Frozen → chance to freeze decreased to prevent freezelock, you still need to take care… xD
  • CHANGE: Archetype Shielded → changed behaviour of the mortar according to petAnger → should not attack pets that frequently anymore and also should only target the pet with the highest amount of health and the least targeted one;
  • CHANGE + FIX: Heroarchetype Vampiric → further optimizations of spawnparameters to avoid permanent despawning of the worms, also minor style adjusts and a bit increased damage + lifeleach added;

Cheers.

2 Likes

look who decided to detach Tyrael as Ultimate Treasure Guardian xD → Grim Dawn 2023 05 10 21 50 - YouTube

Tyrael will not go retire, nah, he will transform into Dark Tyrael and will join the Diabolic forces in the Shattered Realm down the road, no video available yet xD

Furthermore ALL D3 Bosses have become T2 Minipets, which you can hunt for by slaying the Diabolic Bosses in the SR, all those new “endgame” things are now set to characterlevel 80.

Cheers.

EDIT1: this update will be available this weekend.

is this Pet have damage like normal summone pet ? or just a decoration

like T1 but with increased and new statbuffs :slight_smile: for example, Adria is for will increase leechresistances.

as my word, is done

210 should be max ;D

this is end

1 Like

haha great, looks like pain ;D preparing next update atm, maybe i get it done till today in the evening, “just” itemization stuff left for now :slight_smile: the 3 new bosses look pretty good i would say, big THX at this point again to Okami for creating these and for showing me how to get rid of unwanted stuff on them for getting them correctly settup as minipets :slight_smile:

Have a SUNNY day!

Something is near to release… ;D

0.6l

• CHANGE: Diabolic D3 Bosses in the SR + Omega Nemesis Bosses + Treasure Guardians → all these new endgame monsters + mechanics + gearitems will meet the player at CHARACTERLEVEL 80! some do require to be AT LEAST on elite difficulty!
  • CHANGE: Diabolic Bosses + Treasure Guardian UNIQUE gearitems → alot of them, not all, have been revamped and optimized for their level;
  • NEW: integrated mod → “Weapons cosmetic (Diablo Immortal) - #2 by ashbrain” by okami29;
  • NEW: Ultimate Treasure Guardian is now Bahamut, a big dark Dragon that haunts you with fire! → adjusted skills, has a debuff like Diablo Phase 2, it turns OFF your LIGHTS! this is also to prevent the immense shine on the Magma Balls due the adjusted GLOBAL LIGHTRADIUS → if similar problems are persistent, this needs to be adressed further!!! PAY ATTENTION TO THIS! Magma Balls now really will hurt, therefor they move a bit slower, PAY ATTENTION OR YOU ARE DEAD! XD
  • NEW: added the previous Ultimate Treasure Guardian Tyrael as Diabolic Boss “Dark Tyrael - The Shadow of the Horadrim” to the Shattered Realm Diabolic Boss Team → this “new” boss has a debuff to turn your world DARK, like Diablo Phase 2 or the UTG Bahamut! → lightning + chaos themed boss with heavy stun and lightningattacks + a shadowskull nova;
  • NEW: added boss “Envy - The Covetous Queen” to Diabolic Bosses in the Shattered Realm → adjusted as usual, added UNIQUE loot → “The Hungerer of Envy” → 1hGun, acid + poison + chaos themed;
  • CHANGE: also revamped alot, NOT all, of the already given and new Treasure gearitems to be more viable for endgame, also to improve and increase builddiversity even further;
  • NEW: added all new items and monsters to Crazy Mike to test them out and improve them further, as usual;
  • NEW: ComboMod Minipets now have 2 tiers, the already given has T1, and the new ones, ALL available D3 bosses as minipets, have T2 → adjusted all monsters accordingly → some new buffeffectauras are available to check out and to give a bit of variety to this mechanical pillar; the new minipets can be looted from D3 bosses ONLY! something to hunt for again :wink: T2 minipets are NOT soulbound and can be shared via the Stash, this will make your alts pretty happy! → INTERNALLY RESTRUCTURED, SO T1 MINIPETS HAVE TO BE REAQUIRED (Devils Crossing factionvendor on friendly status or from the mobile stylevendor as usual); furthermore ALL minipets have a new adjusted controller for their AI for a better minipetlike behaviour; → SPECIAL THANKS goes out to okami29 for showing me how to get rid of unwanted effects on those meshes! :wink:
  • CHANGE: Hero Archetype Supporter → has been granted another addonskill to spread the walls even more, this time it is a DEFENSIVE LINE that is spawned in “Z”-form against the player and also reduces the players totalresistance and totaldamage while near, furthermore the decrease goes up from 25% to 45%, so standing near those SUPPORTIVE WALLS is not a good idea anymore ;D furthermore, unfortunatly, i can’t make it work for some reasons, that enemies CAN pass and players DONT, so this is a GFN, a bit harder for melee chars no doubt :smiley: but get a movement rune and you will be fine for most encounters! :smiley:

A bit of cleaning up and a last checkupturn and it shall be available in a while :slight_smile:

Happy hunting!

2 Likes

Howdy hunters :slight_smile:

Quick insight on all revamped and overhauled Lost Treasure Unique gearitems and components, inclusive a new skillgem T1 (Frozen Orb), usable with charlevel 20, yes you can put it into Shared Stash for new characters to have it available also for leveling, because its mainattackskills are scaling to charlevel, hopefully not too op in the end, but will be adjusted then accordingly if that is the case. The “older” components for PoE Bladevortex skills are now T2 and still are only usable with charlevel 80+ to make this clear. because a casted skill directly from a component does not seem to scale to level, only addonskills from spawned pets can do it by having them on a playerscaled pet, atleast :slight_smile: if i am wrong, as usual, let me know. → Grim Dawn 2023 05 17 22 02 - YouTube

Furthermore i had planned to add basegame classes to Hellfire amulets as seen above, this idea has been removed because those classes shall stick to their conduits, which can even be shattered further, so there is no need to do this for the basegame classes. Also will wait for Grimers update on those amulets to get even more modifier choices :slight_smile:

The next update will most likely be availabe somewhere this weekend.

Cheers.

Small and funny update incoming xD

0.6m

• CHANGE + NEW + FIX: Lost Treasures → revamped all given unique gearitems to be more usefull (hopefully) for endgame, all gearitems in this cluster now also have a levelrequirement of 80, new modifiers and some skillaugments added and foremost balanced their overall statvalues further for endgame;
  • FIX: reverted the change to the “Blade of Exile” MSH that i did with MESHVIEWER! → IF you had the sword equipped it was simply invisible → it seems that it destroyed the MSH with that tool from TitanQuest, unfortunatly :frowning:
  • NEW + INTEST: “Frozen Orb” as new Exiled Skillgem, but Tier 1! → it is working but clearly NOT what i was aiming for initially, unfortunatly, BUT i think this CAN work “somehow”, SO MANY more possible value setups that we can try here, AND in the end i think this WOULD be way easier when creating a custom ANM + MSH, but well… :smiley: at least it is something to play with and looks cool i think ;D → furthermore the Exiled Skillgems are now divided into Tier 1 (-> levelreq. 20, NOT soulbound and can be used for levelingphase on alternative chars aswell to test out the scalingoption of this new skill) + Tier 2 (-> levelreq. 80, SOULBOUND and ONLY for endgame!); → obtaining Exiled Skillgems is still available as a lootreward from all Treasure Guardians on Elite+;
  • CHANGE: SR Diabolic Boss Diablo, Phase 2 → changed his vanish effect to be different from Leorics attack effect, that was simply looking bad and confusing; furthermore his “watching skill” in phase 2 has been INcreased in defensive power and duration to extend this phase a BIT! in addition the amount of health healed from his autocasted healbuff while in his “watchmodus” is increased aswell a BIT!
  • FIX: SR Diabolic Boss Butcher → fixed specialAnimationRef for his chainpost addonspawn;

Happy testing and maybe a way to get it right can be found at some point, already have a few more things that i will test in a while but have to take a break for a few day as i REALLY would love to checkout the new season :slight_smile:

Cheers

2 Likes

Updateprocess for the D3 Classes Mod has started, also have a big chunk of other changes to add, greatly enjoyed the league so far, especially the new areas, final boss on ultimate is indeed pretty hefty LOL haha :smiley: not really a racer so i think i can further focus on modding now :slight_smile: estimated time of arrival for the next patch should be at least 1-2 weeks :slight_smile: do not worry and keep informing me about any bugs or issues.

Cheers.

update process for the official patch might take a bit longer now because i can’t see errors anymore in the gamelog due to the incompatibility to Grim Internals :frowning:
IF anyone knows another way to enable it, please tell me :slight_smile:

Cheers.

1 Like

A bit of a “decheat”-update is about to go live in a few moments, loading up :slight_smile:

####################################################################################
0.7a
####################################################################################

• NEW & OPTIONAL: IF you want to have a WAY bigger pool for loadingscreens then only THREE (LOL :D) i HIGHLY suggest to download this AMAZING tool → [Tool] Loadscreen Switcher → you simply start it BEFORE you load the game, the setup is pretty much self-explanatory, you choose the folder with various pictures you wish to have as loadingscreens, then you check the “randomize” box (i have set the swaptime to 12 seconds) and you are good to go, now you have ALOT more loadingscreens to choose from, any you wish, i added a small package with those i do use at this moment, take a look if you like, simply unzip the file “load_screens.zip” to destination of your desire and choose it in the amazing LOADSCREEN SWITCHER.
  • NEW & OPTIONAL: a new “Font” can be used IF you like to have a better suited text in your game, all a personal choice, this is the one i am using, pulled from this forumthread → [English font] GD clear fonts + london gothic fonts OR normal clean fonts versions → i included the file “fonts.arc”, which you simply have to copy to this destination → "…\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\resources" and replace the original one. make a BACKUP of the original one BEFORE you do this and copy it to a SAFE place, if you do not like → simply revert it to the original file. IF a patch hits the game, you have to repeat this process as the original “fonts.arc” will be overwritten in the updateprocess. Alot more options for changing the text can be found in the mentioned forumthread.
    CHANGE: IF you still use GD Internals you will notice that the timecycle has been reverted to normal, to get a bit of sun back to our lifes :smiley: nights are still “darker” and you should still not forget your Wisps to enlighten your surroundings :slight_smile:
  • NEW & OPTIONAL: GD Item Assistant can be used and is highly recommended → do not forget to parse the mod database and run it before you launch the game!
  • CHANGE: updated to basegame version 1.1.9.8;
  • CHANGE: basegame affixes → updated these in combination with cleaning up the integrated ones from the D3 Classes Mod, especially the tags…;D
  • CHANGE + FIX + NEW: updated the D3 Classes Mod by Grimer to the newest version, versionnumber unknown ;D
  • NEW: itemset → Chantodo’s Resolve → created from the old Chantodo scepter and the new Chantodo offhand → new itemskill + new modifiers created, items and set adjusted accordingly; also created a RORG for this itemset; added to all needed spots as usual;
  • CHANGE: Hellfire Amulets → affixes → prefix has a skillmodifier and skillaugmentation +2, the suffix has a skillmodifier, skillaugmentation +3 and a (partially new) D3 itemskill; every D3 class now has 13 exclusive Hellfire skillmodifiers, adjusted and synergized old and new ones from the mod with additions from myself as usual; prefixes and suffixes adjusted accordingly; prefixtables + suffixtables adjusted accordingly; adjusted affixoutput → Hellfire Amulets will always roll a prefix, never a suffix alone, and have a very small chance to roll both prefix + suffix now to make them only really powerfull when rolled with doubleaffix; removed totalspeed + RCR + CDR from the amulet itself and shifted those values to the SUFFIX to make that one more powerfull IF granted! reduced RCR + CDR to 8%; also reduced MaxAllResist from 8 to 4 on the amulet itself and shifted +4% to the SUFFIX; the suffix has also been granted with a totaldamage modifier of +100%; all new Hellfire Suffixes are shown with a picture in ComboModNOTES, this includes all new skillmodifiers + itemskills with their descriptions;
  • CHANGE: REMOVED from tags → “{^n}{^n}{^b}Unique: {^o}There is no Kanai’s Relic available for this item.” → too confusing in my oppinion as there is also no tag for basegame items that have a relic available, maybe a tag for those items that HAVE one will be added lateron;
  • NEW: added the D3 Classes Mod loadingscreens as option to have available via the Loadscreen Switcher; → added to the ADDITIONAL package!
  • CHANGE: D3 class Witchdoctor → skill “Haunt” can now be used from a greater distance and character is moving into castrange, it also can cast onto terrain (point) to make life easier with targeting mobgroups;
  • CHANGE: D3 class Witchdoctor → skill “Firewall” is now a TargetedSpawn with a cooldown and can be augmented further with the according Hellfire Amulet :wink:
  • CHANGE: D3 item → ring “Halo of Arlye” → changed the itemskill to be usable while moving, a bit more damage, less cooldown, triggers when hit by a critical hit and damage absorb reduced to 10%;
  • CHANGE: D3 class Wizard → changed the targetFX on “Ray of Frost” to a one that is a bit less heavy on the eye over time and will you let see what is happening again ;D
  • CHANGE: D3 class Wizard → skill “Hydra” → adjusted deathparameters to despawn correctly, also added a small cooldown of 1 sec to it;
  • NEW: all riftgate portals have a new effect;
  • CHANGE: Dismantling → removed endgamecomponents (“Seals” foremost!), lowered chance to obtain Mysterious Ore, added Blood Shards as counteritem and added D3 Gems;
  • CHANGE: increased prices for stash tabs and transfer stash tabs BACK to according basegame values;
  • CHANGE: global lootoutput → increased weight of Blood Shards → this should have the effect that way less epic + legendary gearitems are dropping at generic places → looks promising but needs to be checked further!
  • CHANGE: ComboMod FG Starterbuff → this unique starterbuff for new characters is now available ONLY at playerlevel 10 and BELOW on normal/veteran, level 11 and beyond (and also still Elite+ no matter the level!) has NOT the chance to obtain it anymore to avoid cheating too much, so you MUST make a DECISION! furthermore the starterbuff is now correctly tagged that it has a duration of 1 hour, in addition the overall power of this buff has been DECREASED to make it less cheaty again → also as a “tutorialbuff” it was simply too OP i must admit;
  • CHANGE + NEW: Rook the Gatekeeper in Devils Crossing now is able to grant a XP Buff (300% for 1 hour) up to characterlevel 10 on normal/veteran difficulty for a better start, IF people like to have this, also a bit of lore packed into this conversation, buff can be granted as apology for nearly hanging the maincharacter :slight_smile:
  • BIG CHANGE: Portable Exchange Blacksmiths will NO longer give you gearitems for currency only, now it works like a REROLL mechanic, you will NEED the gearitem you want to exchange and then you can reroll it as often as you want and your currency lasts, the blacksmith bonus will still randomly be added and prices have been adjusted accordingly → this will “decheat” this mechanic by a drastically amount ;D in addition, all previous removed gearitems, except for Badge of Mastery, have been readded, so yes you can also reroll the Ravager gear then :slight_smile: → TODO OVER TIME: price adjustments for Basegame Exchange Blacksmith (-> as i have not filtered out Empowered + Mythical ones completly, yet xD);
  • CHANGE: Portable Caravaner → price adjustment for crafting this Portable NPC → ironcost increased from 10k to 500k, Blood Shards needed increased from 10 to 50, Combo Orbs needed increased from 1 to 5; itemlevel and levelreq has been changed from level 1 to level 25! → as it is simply a VERY BIG boost in quality of life, this item should be earned and not granted for “free” right from the start!
  • CHANGE: Exotic Summon Stone → Hoarding Harry → refreshtime of his vendortable has been increased to an absurd high value to simply make it less cheaty! furthermore REMOVED Aether Crystals + Dynamite + crafted potions and lowered chance for rare components from this vendor for the same reason;
  • CHANGE: Omega Immortals factionvendors → removed Aether Clusters + Aether Crystals + Dynamite + Skeleton Key + various endgame components;
  • CHANGE: Immortal Mercs → various optimizations to all Immortal Mercs, mostly behind the scenes parameters, cleaned up aswell MOST of unneeded values, REMOVED soulbound from IM T1 + T2 enchantments;
  • CHANGE + FIX: Immortal Mercs → PETBASED Immortal Mercs should now correctly scale with pet bonuses… also fixed the tags for this;
  • CHANGE: Immortal Mercs T1 → decreased uptime from 120 to 90 seconds! increased cooldown from 150 to 180 seconds! simply to give more unique feeling to them as a powerskill for really heavy encounters and situations, like T2 and T3;
  • CHANGE: Immortal Mercs T3 → added to miscloot of the according ONB!
  • NEW: created OP Testing Belt for obvious reasons → added to Crazy Mike as usual;

Have a good time!

3 Likes

I have a few great news for the next update already which i want to share :smiley:

Finally i was able to solve a bug that was triggering me for over 2 years now → some enemies spawned by the amazing Grimmest script simply felt below the terrain, no idea what it was causing for a long time xD had an idea what it “might” could be but as i was trying to adjust the grimmest spawntable, i simply broke it, due to ignorance ;D anyways, now i got it right! finally was able to adjust this script correctly, at least it seems like xDD → finally could correctly deactivate those enemies that were still linked from DoM WITHOUT destroying the structure of this wonderful script! it was simple: while knowing in the meantime that a script SHOULD contain - - for deactivating lines, this has correctly been done now as i can see the structureclusters in that script now with NP++, it seems it was deactivated previously that it is showing up, and THIS was the cause why i did DESTROY the script previously when trying to adjust this as it simply destroyed the needed structure for the single spawnclusters! haha → TO THE BUG THAT IS SOLVED → according to these adjustments i found out that some additional herospawns that are in this table are simply AMBUSH-SPAWNS which WILL fall underneath the terrain if spawned this way :frowning: (the only value in the monsterdatabase that is changed to seperate an AMBUSH from a normal spawn is simply the value “startVisible” which has to be set to FALSE for an AMBUSH! that was the simple cause for enemies falling into the cellar underneath Cairn xD so simple, holy :smiley: IF it was already mentioned SOMEwhere else, forget what i just said haha

Furthermore a big change is coming in preparation for the integration of the league content → our beloved faction → The Stylerz, an invisible faction that granted various styleitems via the Portable Stylemerchant for a while, was closed due to a lack of members xD nah, simple cause is that we need (at least) 1 more seat for factions from the seasonal content, soo the Stylers HAD to vanish ;D do NOT worry at all, all those items from this vendor have been shifted around, further details will arrive with the patchnotes :slight_smile: Furthermore the NPC itself has been moved from the blacksmith as craftable vendor for your needs to a place where he got transformed by the Omega Immortals into a NEW Summon Stone, scattered all around Cairn, mostly found at Monstertotems i was told ;D

Alot people might also be happy about further BALANCE + spawnsetting adjustments to ALL Hero Archetypes, as alot of things here were STILL pretty “gross” and partially not well playable, really not an easy task as you might expect as the variation of combination they can appear + the build you play + the mood you have at this point + + +, it is alot to take into consideration to have a thin line which is suitable for the majority. in the state it is at right now with those enemies is NOT suitable at all, i am sorry for this ;D

Furthermore, tiny addition, the added decal to the all global riftgates will be changed again due to too much pixelation of it xD

A patch will arrive in a few days, i guess at the start of the weekend.

Cheers.

EDIT1: oh yeah, almost forgot, we will be able to see EVERY enemie on our hud radar with the upcoming patch, this has the additional effect that we will not run around like confused rabbits anymore, sometimes while trying to find our last few mobpacks, if the counter did NOT reached the peak to show remaining ones ;D