ComboMod Testversion

Any reason as to why these don’t disappear? I’m in The Flooded Passage (Below the broken bridge) in Act 1. Been sitting there for more than a minute without any enemies nearby.

Edit: Minor Excalibur makes enemies either very resistant or immune to damage. This is a problem when at high grim spawn settings as enemies just keep attacking each other (if they’re from different factions).

You seem to really have a thing for giant area denial effects in this mod. This very greatly favors casters at the expense of melee characters. Is this really the way you want this mod to go forward?

Good morning :slight_smile: About the bubble not disappearing → i have seen this behaviour too and i will investigate this, not a big issue for me but maybe causes issues down the road, this is clearly on my todo list. About the Minor Excalibur → this is a mechanic, where player HAVE to kill the SWORDDOME first, high resummontime therefore, yes the dome makes every monster inside it nearly immune, its a bit of a positioning game, maybe needs further balance changes but it is the same mechanic as for the D3 boss Tyrael, but to be clear in a downtoned manor, try Tyrael in the SR please :)) About favoring casters → no this is absolutly not my intention, i am atm playing with the barbarian from the D3 mod, which is clearly going all the melee way, and till now i had no big issues playing through act 1 on veteran with it, started out into act 2, sure there is MORE MOVEMENT needed now as for example ranged enemies hit way harder! BUT you can dodge and avoid most of this by just going behind stones or simply run out of range, use movementskills, cast your Immortal Merc when not on CD, and you get a great boost from all those new items, and you still have the factionvendors which will give you buffpotions all across your playthrough :slight_smile: I really want this to be HARD but doable, get a bit away from regular GD playstyle and give it a try again :)) HF

PS: most of the factions are now FRIENDLY to each other to let you know THAT will not be an issue, mainly it is only the Chthonian vs. Aetherial conflict, those both faction stay hostile to each other.

Also, OOF.

PERMANENT petrification as long as the AOE lasts… I noticed knockdown with another (wow, players aren’t supposed to be able to be knocked down. There aren’t any items or skills that mitigate it.

This is a problem. It happened with me in a goblin area. So the witchdoctors just keep spamming their heal on it so I can’t burst it down unless I can kill it in “2 ticks” or what have you.

Good luck with the mod!

:DD ah really, players can not be knockdowned? crazy, learned something then! THIS might explain some weird behaviour when implementing this value LOL :smiley: thx for the info! To be clear, this is just a hobby project to play around with, nothing is perfect and i am not a professional, but i am learning :slight_smile: Got that on my todolist now aswell ;D Have a good time!

To the permanent petrification → will be investigated, just wanted this “poolskill” to be avoided like a “one-shot” mechanic, but will see what i can do on this, thx for keeping me informed!

Here’s the list for you:
Source: Grim Dawn - Crate Entertainment

And yeah I totally get that. Love how far you got with it too, can clearly see you put effort in it! :+1: keep it up.

The Witchdoctors heal the Minor Excalibur? crazy :smiley: but that should be easily solved via the sword’s bios i think :smiley:

Much appreciated!

Ha, maybe the issue in my video → clipping into the stone and getting rekkt was while i was getting knockdowned :DD

Ok another to add to ur list is totems. The hero quest boss is long dead & totems still up. Even coming back they are still up. Did u lengthen their timers? Hmm picture isnt clear theres like 6 lightening totems going off.

I was thinking defenders were another but after unpacking the group of heros. I was finally able to get the defender out so I could target him. Then this mess was doable.

A warning to others lol. I couldnt kill this spider for the life of me. Remember to check around to see if there might be another. If u notice way in the bottom, was why I wasnt killing this spider. He was out of my view until I moved.

Cool findings :slight_smile: Great to see this :DD I am right now going through all this related stuff and i think i figured it out, had to do with the pet period and some deathparameters, working so far, doing a few more testruns, then i will release a hotfixversion 0.2a :slight_smile: thx for taking you the time to test this out, this helps me alot to make things better. HF

also rebalanced the Minor Excalibur and most of the other autocastskills, checked on both a level 8 char and a level 100 char to see the difference in balance now :slight_smile:

Update is out:

0.2a:

• NEW + CHANGE: hero archetypes → all archetypes with a passivestatmodifier have gained a special autocast skill (some heroes that are tagged with an archetype SOMETIMES do NOT have this passivestatmodifer in their according skilltree, please report IF you find one, i will go through ALL heroes at a later timestamp for this to check! furthermore i managed to let the extra autocastspawns disappear now correctly, report if you see see ANY annoying behaviours please! → check the PDF for further details on this :slight_smile:
  • CHANGE: GRIM SOUL mechanic adjusted → a bit less drain of health + energy to make it viable for HC players, i hope at least…;
  • CHANGE: chance to knockdown, confuse, convert or fear the player has been removed from all new NONPLAYERSKILL to which i added it :smiley: → mainly Diablo 3 Bosses & Hero Archetypes;
1 Like

THX ALOT for the provided infos, that helped alot to make this alot better, checked in at various testruns on different chars with different levels, to me its much better, still not perfect in terms of balance, but we get there i think! have a NICE evening all.

1 Like

well Im sure finding this much easier then before. to be honest too easy atm but its fun.

Good morning :slight_smile: Yes absolutly true, as said some balance need to be done, and that needs alot of testingtime :slight_smile: Tell me what you think which archetype needs an UPGRADE or which needs a DOWNGRADE then i will look into it. I want this to be fun for sure but don’t want it to be facerolled through :slight_smile: Have a nice sunny day!

I’ve just added this mod to my game and when I create a new character it starts with no weapons and xp gain is almost 0. Has anybody else see this before?

Read the PDF that comes with it. After getting the devil’s crossing portal, go back to the start and talk to the dude with a quest. He spawns a portal. Go through that portal. Follow the quest. Get some stuff for free.

I personally found that I level primarily through SR and leveling normally is extremely, extremely slow. And using that experience potion that the vendor gives feels extremely overpowered (But expensive). I feel like it needs a bit of a middle ground here, so I’m hoping the experience potion is only for testing purposes and some tweaking will be done :+1:

Still loving the creativity done here and would always encourage creativity!