A Disappointment for Pyromancer

:smirk:

You could still play Pyromancer as fire caster, there’s few pieces of gear supporting all fire Sigil of Consumption with Destruction, which deals natural fire damage and Blackwater Cocktail. Also Seal of Destruction for fiery spamming skill and you have Pyromancer fire caster, voila.

1 Like

fireball you get on component skills, avail to all classes
meteor you get from procs on items or devotion or granted skill ex from Apocalypse necklace
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pr17aZ

Blazeseer is a good set for Pyro and provides at least a passive Meteors drop.

Anyway, Grim Dawn is not D2 / Titan Quest.

2 Likes

To add to the above, you can do many things of that sort. It won’t be top-tier, but it will perform decently:

1. You can use typical fire devotions path. Obviously RR needed, but also 2 bombard-types in Ulzin’s torch and Magi. (If you want to get more complicated, you can convert other non-fire devotions for a similar effect.)
  2. There is : Demo Relic Annihilation
  3. There are a number of Demo skills that do fire damage (BWC, mortars, etc).
  4. Conversion can be applied to some occultist skills for big effect, such as Doom Bolt
  5. And lastly, there are a number of applicable weapons/gears/augments with fire explosion/meteors, etc.

you guys don’t want new class???

pyromancer

Grim Dawn’s Pyromancer weaves flame into devilish sigils (Sigil of Consumption -> Destruction) and hellish creatures (Summon Hellhound) whilst bolstering both with arcanery (Flame Touched, Vindictive Flame) and coupling the above with pyrokinetic armaments (Grenado, Canister Bomb, Thermite Mine).

That your expectations of high fantasy do not align with the victorian-era eldritch horror story of Grim Dawn’s setting is a you problem, not one for the game to address.

5 Likes

It’s just a name. Many of the other classes are similar. Does paladin strike you as a gunslinger? Or a rune-exploding maniac?

1 Like

exactly… why are the names so misleading???

Crate made it clear long ago that any new mastery would only come with a new expansion. They’ve also made it clear for a long while that there won’t be any more expansions for the game. GD is complete, finished, apart from some balancing patches. Crate are focusing on their other projects.

They aren’t.

I’m just staring at my Pyromancer with two meteor skills and two fireball skills.

Don’t feed the troll, geez.

1 Like

But I bought so much troll feed!

2 Likes

Grimtools or it isn’t true

… i literally posted a GT link of a sorc wearing all those items in my second post :man_facepalming:
^you can just repurpose most of it for pyro as arcanist is only adding 1 cast skill

Blazeseer Pyromancer with Meteor Shower, Seal of Destruction skill, and a fireball proc. There.

And forgot Annihilation skill became a proc.

its not a “Pyromancer” now … is it ???

If you want to look at pre-made pyro fire builds, browse the build compendiums. They will usually list how well they perform.

If you want to make your own meme build (which many peeps do), then use your imagination and test it.

what part of

do you fail to comprehend? are you just being deliberately obtuse now?
it’s a build based around fire falling from the sky, and out of a plethora of skills arcanist adds 1, you can take the entirety of the build/items and use it on Pyro, or you can swap some and get ex fire doom bolt support instead of aether->fire conversion etc etc etc
unroll your brain and start thinking for yourself and get creative, it’s all there avail to you, multiple people have already told you

The best thing is that you can throw fire eyes! Fire DEE baby let’s goooooooo!

3 Likes