A Farewell For Now

The time has come for me to move away from computer gaming / online interaction for awhile. I’ve always been a work-a-holic, and used computer gaming as an escape of sorts. Recently though I’ve been thinking its time to apply what free time I have in other areas, to simply see what I’m capable of without putting so much time outside of work in front of a screen as well. It is a bitter-sweet thing for me, and I will truly miss this community / game for whatever my length of departure is.

I would like to personally thank everyone at Crate for an amazing game that has given me so much over the past 6+ years. I really can’t say enough how great a product you guys managed to put out. The continued support for the game, and responsiveness to the community over the years should be the standard for other gaming companies to follow. I look forward to playing your future projects at some point as well. (or play testing too them if that option ends up on the table for GD2 :wink: )
Thank you @medierra @Hyboreal @Rhis @Grava @Zantai (I know I’m missing some tags)

Special shout-outs to @mamba and @Dammitt GDstash and Grimtools really helped make this game all the more enticing to me, by allowing me to theory craft to my heart’s content. I’ve book marked 883 grimtools links since around FG launch. There were many many before that, but they were purged by fire after FG testing ended.

Much love for everyone here, and I hope you all continue to fair well in the world.

51 Likes

Thanks to all the people that I’ve spend thousands of hours talking to, gaming with, and theory crafting constantly. @Nery @Norzan @adoomgod @Ceno @TomoDaK @sir_spanksalot @ya1 @x1x1x1x2 @grey-maybe @afanasenkov26

6 Likes

@RektbyProtoss @Retal_Abuser @MergosWetNurse @Slev1n @Plasmodermic @Monceaux @eardianm @banana_peel @Crittrain @nofika4u

6 Likes

@Superfluff @supertolik @Dmt @Stupid_Dragon @Maska322 @romanN1 @Mad_Lee @powbam @medea_fleecestealer @Snowmanplayer123

7 Likes

@Snazzblaster @thejabrixone @John_Smith @Cinder @StrUktO @AlkamosHater @tqFan (sorry if I forgot anyone)

2 Likes

Who’s gonna do broken builds now for Zantai to nerf? :scorv:

Jokes aside, good luck on your future endeavours.

3 Likes

You’ll be missed both by the playtesting group and for your build guides as well. Hope you find what you’re looking for and we’ll be here when you’re ready to return. Take care Valinov and good luck with your future endeavours whatever they may be.

2 Likes

Farewell. Your contributions and achievements will be remembered.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Bon voyage and godspeed Valinov, may you find what you wish somewhere in your horizon
appreciate all you have done and contributed to the community :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for all your creative builds, clever optimizations, interest in Meme Dawn and cool videos. I think you were my favorite builder.

3 Likes

Bye Valinov, it’s been a pleasure!

Best of luck with whatever you pursue! Show the world who’s boss!

2 Likes

Thank you for being an absolute unit of a pillar of this community, as a playtester, theorycrafter, etc., etc…! Thank you also for supporting me as a content creator for this awesome game!
I wish you all the best in life, whatever you’ll be up to, and don’t forget to take care of yourself!

Auf Wiedersehen (hopefully)!

3 Likes

Man, sad to see you go although I can relate.
Personally I spend more and more time drawing and gaming no longer distracts me from it really
I have often considered uninstalling all my games though because it did use to be a big distraction

I wish you the best!

2 Likes

Damn Val /tear…

Jus like dat. Well, swing by from time to time at least - I should still be somewhere around these parts unless I get hit by a bus. We’ll see :wink:

2 Likes

That took an unexpected turn.

The sentence, not the bus.

Well, time to officially say farewell too, Valinov.
May your blade always strike true. And first hehe.

3 Likes

Thank you for your contributions to the community for so long Valinov, good luck with your newfound time on hobbies or other activities!

2 Likes

We did not interact much, but I always did enjoy your content. Looking forward to your return when either Farthest Frontier is released (if you wind up playing it) or when GD 2 becomes a reality!

2 Likes

Take care. Its always good to take a step back and evaluate the things that are important to you. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Goodbye (for now) and good luck!

I always say Valinov is the most creative builders but also nice guy and important part of the playbase-dev chain as praetorian. And of course , you deserved nice farewell party :slight_smile:

3 Likes