A Farewell For Now

That took an unexpected turn.

The sentence, not the bus.

Well, time to officially say farewell too, Valinov.
May your blade always strike true. And first hehe.

3 Likes

Thank you for your contributions to the community for so long Valinov, good luck with your newfound time on hobbies or other activities!

2 Likes

We did not interact much, but I always did enjoy your content. Looking forward to your return when either Farthest Frontier is released (if you wind up playing it) or when GD 2 becomes a reality!

2 Likes

Take care. Its always good to take a step back and evaluate the things that are important to you. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Goodbye (for now) and good luck!

I always say Valinov is the most creative builders but also nice guy and important part of the playbase-dev chain as praetorian. And of course , you deserved nice farewell party :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have at it! I’ve actually been moving in a very similar direction, albeit much more lethargically.

Best of luck and maybe we’ll all see each other again at the Farthest Frontier or perhaps when Cairn calls on the Taken a ‘2nd’ time. :smiley:

3 Likes

Or even

Who knows.

2 Likes

Sorry to see you go @valinov - you’re one of the best in the GD forum! I’m sure you’ll bring that passion and creativity to whatever you choose to do with your time now.

Remember that the door is always open, so stop on by when you get a chance! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I accept the apology for forgetting to tag me~
:wink:
But in all seriousness I wish you the best with what is to come! The community has a deep and profound respect for you and your builds so you will be missed. I hope that some day in the future you do find a way back. We will be waiting here for your return in hopeful eagerness!
I am also VERY CURIOUS about the 800+ grimtools links… There’s no chance that it will be shared is it?!

3 Likes

So glad to hear GD has given you such enjoyment over the years. Totally understand your desire to step back for a while and see what else you can accomplish.

Wish you the best with whatever you pursue!

4 Likes

What! Oh my god, hell yes!

@valinov All the best with life my man. Thank you for all that you’ve done to make this place as special as it is.

“May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.”

3 Likes

If you’re leaving, should I come back?
Heh

It was nice gaming around you bud. Take care

2 Likes

Yeah we need a playtester to connect toxic elitists with the devs (:

3 Likes

I thought the game was done being updated though?

1 Like

People have been giving feedback for the test patch.

Balance patches for the foreseeable future doom.

1 Like

Mama mia! I have some more life stuff to sort out, but a big return might be in my future then. Maybe I’ll do a video series on returning to grim dawn fresh (with everything still unlocked, but starting at level 1)

6 Likes

If you really do I would be interested in doing a fresh start with a friend at some point.

And yes I’m still lurking around the forums here a bit. :grimacing::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Seems like Valinov started streaming a bit: twitch.tv/valinov01.
The same game - Tools by Dammit but in Last Epoch not Grim Dawn simulator.

5 Likes