A focus problem about the skill "Albrecht’s Aether Ray"

When I use “Albrecht’s Aether Ray”, I found that it will automatically focus my mouse on the nearest monster.

However, I always prefer to keep the mouse unchanged, because Albrecht’s Aether Ray is a scope skill and I want to take advantage of it.

Could you provide an option to turn off the feature that focusing the mouse on the nearest monster when using Albrecht’s Aether Ray?

Have you tried to check/uncheck Classic Targeting and/or Classic Casting in Options, Gameplay section? It might help with the target locking.

I suggested it too in the last Misadventures at the end of my long post : Grim Misadventure #176 - So the New Thing - #98 by tqFan Would be great for many other skills like Forcewave, Phantasmal Blades, Vire’s Might and even more when you’re playing on a controller and cannot target behind group of monsters to not have anything highlighted.

However to be fair, it must be said that’s there is already a solution called Force Move. If you press and hold Force Move button (before pressing and holding AAR button), your AAR won’t lock on any enemy. But you have to use another button for that. Or use a macro / autohotkey that presses this additional button for you everytime you channel AAR with RMB.

mouse behind your target, or use the force move trick tqFan mentioned (extremely useful btw, much recommend for many builds)

Thank you for your valuable reply!

I learn the tip about Force Move, and I am anticipating the next version of the game can accept your advice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.