A girl and Grim Dawn

Not gonna touch the rest of this thread with a 10’ pole, but I never expected you to be any of those things. :slight_smile: God willing I’ll still be playing too many computer games in 20-30 years, too.

I thought you were a medea that steals fleeces.

I know it’s this girl first time playing Grim Dawn, but i can’t help but cringe at some of the stuff she was doing. I know everyone needs to start somewhere, but still.

Yeah, that too. :wink:

Just watched her most recent GD vid… She left 2 epics behind at the flooded passage shrine… I have no words. I mean there’s being a Newbie, hell we all were at some point, and there’s that.

I just can’t understand why she’d want to do it all “in public” as it were. Do we really need to put all our actions out there for everyone to see and comment on? Does no one have any self-esteem anymore? By all means play the game and learn how to do it well, but don’t broadcast your mistakes for all to see. Have some self-respect please.

We seem to have become a world of voyeurs. :frowning:

That opens to a wider topic : today we take for granted that we are legitimate to show in public acts that until a recent past were included in the private sphere and we think this could be of some interest for others.

I liked the video. She does a good job on her content. Has a mouth though. I just don’t care for content creators that can’t watch there language. It is alright if I cuss. Not if they do.

From what I could tell she has plenty of video game experience. Just no experience with setups similar to Grim Dawns.

Yes, actually I would. I see it repeatedly with modded minecraft. “males” doing lets plays that don’t know the mods at all. Making such obvious newb mistakes. Not that it matters much. I would take years to fully learn modded on that game. Still, my reaction is very similar.

Then there is the example of minecraftchick. She made skits based on being taken as cute and a clueless newb. Last I checked she was one of the big wigs at the company that’s product she did the videos on.

People’s thought processes work differently based on the gender they perceive. I would say there is a clear case for that being fine. As there is a clear difference. That isn’t just visual. There have been countless studies done detailing the differences between the biological genders. There was even a discovery series that went over the differences in the workings of both genders brains*. It is only natural humans have come to know there findings intuitively and use that knowledge to interact with each other. No matter which gender they are.

*The series also went over anomalies in biology that would cause changes in how the mind worked. Such as a different hormone amounts being present.