A heartfelt apology

To everyone in this amazing community,

I’ve been avoiding doing this for a long time now, and today I’ve finally mustered up the courage to face my anxiety.

Let me begin by apologising for my irresponsibility. I know I shouldn’t have vanished without saying a word. I have a tendency to avoid things when I’m stressed.

For the sake of transparency, I will try to be as honest as I can be.

There was an episode of domestic violence in my home. Needless to say, that as a student currently living abroad, I was extremely worried.

This was untimely as it also coincided with my family undergoing some financial difficulty. It’s nothing too severe, but I have since had to take a part-time job to pay my way through med school.

I know I should have voiced this out earlier, and not dropped the compendium like a sac of potatoes, but I chose to avoid the subject altogether.

I’m truly sorry.

Sir Spanksalot

P.S.: Not sure where this should be posted, so I shall leave it to the discretion of the mods.

Hey dude you not have to aplogise!

We/I were just worried about you

Hope your real-life situation is getting better and let me know if there is anything I can help you with

I send you my warmest regards
/ Glenn

Malawi is right, you don’t have to apologize for anything ;).

(We don’t know each other, but I lurk a lot, so I’ve read some posts/advices from you - Hope you won’t find my intervention intrusive !).

You have your own weight to carry on. If you want to express it, or not, it’s completely up to you. That is a choice you’ll make, and not something you “owe” to any of us.

Courage !

You got to do what’s best for you, you’re more important than the compendium :wink:

Don’t worry about your duties for the compendium, real life stuff takes precedence over anything else - you don’t have to apologise spanks. It’s just great to know that you’re still around, hopefully your issues have improved or are improving and I hope we’ll see you on the other side of FG.

Thanks for this guys. I can’t express how much it means to me…

Welcome back! :slight_smile:

I haven’t checked that section of the forum in some time so I was unaware. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I hope things recover for you as soon as possible and that things end up better than ever. Take all the time you need, and please feel no obligation here. Your irl stuff should and does take priority over anything gaming related.

Sorry to hear about your problems.
I hope you’re doing better now.

And what doom said.

yeah welcome back.

Did you read Dostoevskij or Mishima. Maybe both? I didn’t but i’ve read Melville’s moby dick for no reason.

No. No way in hell am I gonna read dostoevsky while I’m going through such a meh phase of my life. :rolleyes:

I would sooner eat a lightbulb for breakfast.

On a side note, thanks for all the well wishes/patience guys. I really appreciate it.