A how-to on getting loot efficiently on solo play + advice on levelling

Occultist: Summon Familiar
Necromancer: Raise Skeletons
Shaman: Summon Briarthorns + Conjure Primal Spirit
All others: restart and pick one of the above

As said above, Devouring Swarm is really, really awesome, all the more so for being on row 1. If you get a good devotion to bind to it (Rend from Huntress, for example), it can carry all the way to Ultimate for trash clearing.

Falcon Swoop. Awesome Shotgun.

Bind Rend to Grasping Vine and pepper all enemies with Devouring Swarm.

I think its dope, especially with Maelstrom and Yeti horn.

Too much skill investment, imo. Will be good till you unlock Devils, but then just swap to Wind Devil and go with them. I did try both ways and Devouring Swarm + Vines was very weak compared to Tornados. Also, they have free RR and if you pick Elemental Storm it’s just melting. Then you can get Storm Totem for boss killing if you don’t care at all about gear or want to run with Lokarr set till 94.

The second part gives me a question about crucible; how does experience actually work in it? Do you get all experience regardless of how many times you died, or only for monsters that died while you were alive, or only monsters that died that you did some neglible amount of damage to? How to lokarrs set and potions of clarity work in crucible; do they need to be active when actually in crucible or can you drink an exp potion right before round 170 ends and that big chunk of exp is given out?

As long as someone in the party survives the 10 waves, everyone profits.

I mean, let’s be real. The moment 150 starts, you can bet your ass the level 1 toon is going to get ragdolled

EDIT: And yes you can down a pot right before 170 ends, but it’s almost always never going to work because you’ll die so fast.

@USER_NAME_01
As you like.

Devouring Swarm plus Vines with Rend is a lot of RR and if you take even Entangling Vines you can even stop Flesh Hulks.

Depends what is favored: To go lightning/elemental or bleeding. I always choose bleeding. :wink:

Every ability with good RR support early is bonkers (Devouring swarms).
Every ability with good early AoE is bonkers (Word of Pain, Primal strike).

Besides: Nightblade, rush Night’s Chill and take a corresponding weapon (cold, acid or pierce).

I think Devouring Swarms are awkward af to play with.
But sure that falcon swoop is woop woop early on :slight_smile:

Let’s agree that Shaman has many viable leveling options

Bat > Falcon swoop

Is it a set amount for the round, or based off of enemy level? Me and my friends would have 2 100 level chars with a low level char so the enemy’s level would be ~80. It also usually gives extra protection to the low levelled one to try and get the potion off, although usually still at some point in 170 either kuba or reaper will run across the entire arena just to find you cowering behind lokarr and run a train over you.

Okay. I use these terms:

1. wave = anything which spawns enemies
  2. round = 10 waves

As you probably know, exp is fixed per wave, and per round. But you get bonus exp whenever you cash in. I’m not sure if this bonus is at all related to how long you play for before cashing in, or if it’s tied to the round you stop at.

6>2. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tried both, kept Falcon Swoop though Twin Fangs is great, too.

Even with the much lower CD, and the adcth?

I liked exploding bodies more than my health bar going up. :rolleyes:

I think both are really good. Perhaps Twin Fangs even better because of higher Vitality RR in Devouring Swarm. But I wanted to play Bleeding so I took Falcon to get Rend faster.

Really?

For shaman i tested the resolve is:

Bronze: Wind devil + Storm totem.
Silver: Devouring swarm + Storm totem + transmuted
Gold: Primal strike + Wind devil + Storm totem.

Anyway if u don’t want to think to much u go swarm and vit totem. Any other case u can take all the 3 lightning skill with a winchester.

But swarm is better then wind. U have to spent to much point into it.

Arcanist - OFF+, Trojan Shards+, Panetti’s Missiles+

Nightblade - Veil+Night’s Chill, Amarasta’s+, Phantasmal Blades+

Occultist - Dreeg’s Eye+, Blood of Dreeg+, Curse of Frailty+

Demolitionist - Vindictive Flame, Stun Jacks+, Cocktail+, Greater Fireball (Flintcore Bolts)

Soldier - Forcewave (1 pt)+Internal Trauma (maxed), Field Command, Warcry, Blade Arc+

Shaman - Devouring Swarm, Grasping Vines+, Wind Devil+

Inquisitor - Word of Pain++, Word of Renewal++

Necromancer - Raise Skeletons++, Blight Fiend+Blight Burst, Bone
Harvest++, Ravenous Earth++. Spectral Binding+, Ill Omen

By droppin from lvling alt in cruci.

My opinion in shaman u can lvling with Primal strike wind devil and strom totem too. I tried bloody pox, but the transmuted dreeg is much better. I could kill kireg with 2 dreeg only.

Arcanist - OFF+, Trojan Shards+, Panetti’s Missiles+

Nightblade - Veil+Night’s Chill, Amarasta’s+, Phantasmal Blades+

Occultist - Dreeg’s Eye+, Blood of Dreeg+, Curse of Frailty+

Demolitionist - Vindictive Flame, Stun Jacks+, Cocktail+, Greater Fireball (Flintcore Bolts)

Soldier - Forcewave (1 pt)+Internal Trauma (maxed), Field Command, Warcry, Blade Arc+

Shaman - Devouring Swarm, Grasping Vines+, Wind Devil+

Inquisitor - Word of Pain++, Word of Renewal++

Necromancer - Raise Skeletons++, Blight Fiend+Blight Burst, Bone
Harvest++, Ravenous Earth++. Spectral Binding+, Ill Omen

By droppin from lvling alt in cruci.

My opinion in shaman u can lvling to Primal strike wind devil and strom totem.

To the discussion Falcon vs Bat, my answer is Flame Torrent ! because I tend to play elemental early, easier to find fire gear at low levels in my experience.
And it’s stupid but I can’t bear the sound of the Falcon proc.

Was going to add this all in tonight, but there’s so much back and forth that I’m going to need to plan out how to organise it in the OP.

Will have a think about this tomorrow

1 Like

I appreciate the effort and tons of useful info, but there is nothing wrong with enjoying the trip.