A how-to on getting loot efficiently on solo play + advice on levelling

I always wondered, why is this needed? Cant I just buy any item with 1 char and give it to the others? Is leveling reps worth with every char?

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
For example, when ppl NEED to do every single step included the useless ones. Or when everything MUST be in a perfect order without exception.

It’s a real disorder some ppl have, but it’s also used as fun in games when talking about not wanting to leave anything undone, even useless things.

You can’t transfer rep-dependent items. For example, if I need bought an augment from a faction I’m revered with, I cannot place it in my common stash.

This is to prevent people from getting revered status with multiple factions, and being able to use all augments/gear.

E.g. Kymon’s chosen vs. Death’s vigil

Death’s vigil ftw

As sir spanksalot pointed out, you can’t transfer augments to other chars.
Each character has to be revered with a faction to buy the most important augments, and level 70 to be able to use them.

It probably depends on your build and playstyle, but there are several armor augments I want to buy from faction vendors for most of my fresh characters.

From Devils Crossing: Bladeward Powder (pierce resist)

From Rovers: Venomguard Powder (poison resist)

From Black Legion: Mankind’s Vigil (aether/chaos resist), Kingsguard Powder (pierce/poison resist)

From Coven of Ugdenbog: Coven Black Ash (pierce/chaos resist), Coven Warding Powder (elemental resist)

From Malmouth Resistance: Malmouth Soulguard Powder (pierce/aether resist)

I always buy at least 10 of these augments. Many of them might stay unused in my stash but its always good to have them at the ready when trying different gear combinations at later levels.

One ring augment from Devils Crossing is quite important as well, Survivor’s Ingenuity will provide +2% OA/DA and is already available at level 50. That’s one reason why I try to get DC reputation up to revered asap.

I see. I never tried, but always assumed I could just transfer the items.

One more thing I’d like to mention.

The Outcast faction vendor has some nice stuff but often I want to farm Anasteria for her helmet. So what I do is get revered with her on Elite and buy tons of augments (for example Outcast’s Warding Powder for aether resist), then on Ultimate I side with Captain Reaves and kill Anasteria.

A similar strategy can be applied to Kymon’s Chosen and Order of Death’s Vigil. Side with one of them for Normal and Elite, buy all the augments you need, then switch sides on Ultimate. This way you can have the best augments from both sides without cheating, just takes a lot of rep farming.

It’s possible for annie to drop that delicious helm in the crucible. I have about 6 of them (all legit) if anyone wants one.

I have never dropped a blue or purple MI in Crucible :confused: But I have not played it in months so

I think you have a higher chance of getting it if you stop at 150. I suspect that the loot in each treasure chest is generated as you progress, with each new round resulting in new loot replacing the older ones. (I dunno if I’m making sense).

So if you go to 150-170, and start killing a lot of nems, those green MIs will replace the purple ones.

EDIT: Pure speculation on my part.

Yeah I have no deep knowledge in how loot is generated in Crucible. I had the assumption that is was accumulated though.
Like if you have killed monster type x in the waves you have a chance to get MI x

I think there’s an amount to which items can accumulate, with it capping when all the possible treasure troves are spawned.

The reason why I say this is because you will never see yellow/white trash items if you do a straight run from wave 1 to wave 170.

Quite a great guide you got going on here. I’ve actually been watching this thread for a few days in preparation for FG and it’s quite amazing how comprehensive the guide has gotten. A big thanks from me to everyone involved in this guide.

Ikr? I didn’t expect it to be this much effort. :smiley:

Just glad it’s helpful.

Not sure if this was mentioned but 4 or 5 months into playing this game I discovered there are 2 farmable legendary sets, Krieg and The Dark One. Made me really wish I hadn’t started with a witchblade. Consider a vitality cabalist (the dark one), a battlemage, or a death knight (Krieg) for your first character. I could be wrong but I think there are more classes/builds which can utilize the latter.

That’s an interesting view point. From my perspective, the biggest advantage about starting with the WB is the inherent resists the class combination provides - vit, elemental, acid, bleed, physical, slow, stun, etc.

It makes moving onto ultimate a lot easier without any items.

But I don’t really play legit anymore so I could be wrong. Do you think it’d be helpful to include your suggestion?

P.S. Not being sarcastic

There will be more farmable sets in FG also.

Krieg: Death Knights, Spellbinders, Battlemages

Dark One: Cabalist, Ritualist, conuurer, perhaps even PB witch hunter/reaper

There are also plenty of decent faction items and farmable MI’s that can make many builds shine. Beginner builds in the build compendium usually utilities these

With Krieg you can do actually very good Spellbinder,for Dark one Ritualist,Witch Hunrlter and Conjurer are also viable,plus the proc is gonna help you survive.It’s versatile and easy to obtain set,I like it.

It’s a good class to progress through the game with. It’s uncomplicated to the point of being painful. It’s very easy to equip well for your first pass through ultimate. It’s boring as hell in the long term if you don’t like 1 button classes (forcewave build), it’s poor single target damage makes it very slow for farming (again, forcewave build), and it doesn’t have an easily farmable set waiting for it at the end unlike the classes that were mentioned (at the moment?). As a result it struggles to graduate to the higher tiers of equipment, much like most other classes/builds except for the ones mentioned plus whatever will get the set love in FG.

My second build was a Witchblade FW / blade arc build. I could do glad 170 with it not using a single full set. I had several faction items too. Actually one of the most fun builds I have played in any ARPG from a “noob” perspective

It looked something like this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoqXrk2 and I had the blue Mythical Tremor wpn for a very long time. Think it was patch 1.0.5

My first build was a Death Knight that I basically just fooled around with, I followed no guides or anything. I mostly used Bone harvest and Siphon souls.
After I have done level 100 with that I started to look around for basic GD tips and I saw that ppl recommended FW so I picked up Witch blade for Curse of Frailty and blood of dreeg basically.

I’ll give this a go. Thanks.

gave it some thought, and I decided not to include it in the OP for several reasons:

1. I personally think part of the fun is going in GD blind and confused, and experiencing how harsh it is when you first get to ultimate. It really does give you a sense of progress.

2. I don’t want this guide to sidetrack into a, ‘optimal beginner build guide’ so much so as it is a compilation of suggestions on how to farm efficiently.