A how-to on getting loot efficiently on solo play + advice on levelling

Why do you say this? You could very easily level with greater fireblast, and that’s usable on any class?

There’s a complete breakdown of top levelling skills used by almost every mastery except the oathkeeper. A list of phenomenal devotions to accelerate the levelling process.

An in-depth discussion on how to spend your time efficiently, and how to farm for end-game items.

All this is applicable to every. single. class.

Are you suggesting that I spoonfeed you with step-by-step instructions?

EDIT: You also do realize that it’s usually NOT efficient to level with the skills you intend to use later in the end-game, yes?

2nd EDIT: A guide is PRECISELY that - a guide. It is not a MANUAL on how-to build a character. It serves to point the interested reader in the right direction so that they KNOW what items to look-out for, which devotions to level, which factions to grind rep for, and what they can expect in the end-game. No one is here to hold your hand.

Last but not least, have you ever read the guides/tutorial section? It is TEEMING with information which (if you had read) would teach you EVERYTHING you need to know about levelling.

Do not pin your laziness on others.

Well first, we all write on this community on our own spare time. We do not get anything in return for taking our time writing stuff in the first place and the reader did not pay anything to read it either so I can’t really understand your complain. For me personally, getting non-constructive feedback (like your silly post) is actually pretty discouraging and will result in less information for new(er) player in the long run. The reasons why we make guides here is simply because we love the game, want it to be enjoyed by other and because we think it is fun to write about our hobbies (I write “guides” for my other hobbies too, its like a meta-hobby actually lol).

Secondly, there are guides for different tiers of players. There are hand holding guides and there are more like end-game build guides.

Third, people will always complain and ask silly questions. No guide in the entire world can be 100% accurate or detailed enough or fit everybody. As Sir_Spanky wrote, or my version of it: A guide provide guidelines, it is not a manual.

I have a beyond-stupid question about loot. If I want to farm a pair of pants that was introduced with AoM, do I need to farm exclusively-AoM content or am I fine farming normally overall (since I own AoM)?

if it is not a MI then yes it can drop anywhere.

Same hold for FG loot, as long as it is not MI’s they can drop anywhere

You know the section of this forum is called “Classes, Skills, and Builds”. So yes these are builds here.

Also this game is as complex as you need it to be. If you’re an absolute beginner, you’re better serve by just playing and experimenting more than reading any guides.

If you don’t want to do that, that’s fine. There are beginner’s guide in this forum, just do expect everyone to have one.

Also do not make up stats to make your point valid.

“The reality is the majority of GD players do NOT know the best way to level most builds and are left fumbling their skill distribution with every single character they create”

I think you mean:
“The reality is the I do not know the best way to level most builds and are left fumbling their skill distribution with every single character create.”

It’s fine to have an opinion, just do not think you speak for the vast majority.

Gentlemen, keep up the great work.
Don’t get discouraged by poor arguments from people who need to lurk moar / are better off putting some effort elsewhere.
For every offended / complaining person, there are tens to hundreds of views on your posts from people who are just fine, and never post their appreciation.
They might even keep up with your singing significant others, breakups, or however much you choose to share, also without commenting, and silently wish you the best.
I should know; I used to be one of 'em.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve read the fine print and there’s nothing in there about being obsequious.
Having written for (and put in a lot of effort on others’ behalf) other games, it is discouraging, even if you know better.
Life, especially recently, has been about complaining, instead of expressing satisfaction.

We should say “thank you” more often.

@malawiglenn/sir spanksalot: don’t get triggered by a poor off topic troll. Everyone here appreciate your time and efforts to make this forum a place to learn more about our beloved game.

On another note, the new merit mechanic will change my whole leveling process. There are so many shrines in FG that I will from now go: Normal till Sewers Hideout (triggering People of Malmouth rep’) then FG for the shrines. It’s already 40/55 (I didn’t check the exact number) and level 70 (with 100% potion of clarity).
The fact that you already have all Rifts available helps a lot. I’d say you have a reduced leveling time by around 40% (in the way I play the Campaign Mode). The impact of the new mobility abilities is also notable.

We should indeed. And, as always, don’t feed the troll.

I’ll admit that I’d rather level up with the same sort of equipment I intend to be using at end-game, at least in terms of armament types. Using my Kala Pala plan as the example, the ideal equipment target involves a pistol and shield, so that’s what I plan to level up with, although I certainly don’t plan to farm for specific affixes (for one thing, I’d risk overleveling for a given area, given enough time). Likewise, I want to use the skills I’ll be relying on as soon as possible (Rune of Kalastor, Judgment, and Vire’s Might, in this case. Even if I did install Righteous Fervor already, given the number of intervening levels until VM.). It’s mostly about pre-emptive acclimation to my blueprint, even without any special, legendary-only attributes the target equipment has (e.g. Tainted Ruby of Gar’dal quickening Judgment’s recharge).

A desire to minimize respecification may also play a role…>>;

Granted I’m not exactly in a rush; in fact, rushing through a game doesn’t give you much of a way to savor the journey, does it?

Just saw this mala - would it be okay if I consolidated what you wrote into this guide so that it’ll be convenient for everyone?

Long time no see, mortal!

Sliths still fight better than you. :smiley:

<3

I should be called Sir spankedalot

What are good devotions to pick up while leveling a inquisitor as long as possible as a solo class ?

Maybe just have a quick peak at the grimtools off the solo leveing guide from"shopping":
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXyrkB2

And i tried the level 1 ultimate start - made the first quest and now I am level 28 and back in normal XD

what damage type are you thinking of?

Because of your newly acquired gf?
This is why I prefer concubines. Since Ulzuin’s betrayal! :cool:

As suggested, I am leveling with Word of Pain and Rune of Haggard.
The problem is that I only have low level legendaries starting at 50’ish. Din’t safe these blue ones though :frowning:

My goal is just to level the solo inquisitor as long as possible and then dublicate it and combine it with different other masteries.

Last time i pushed solo nightblade comfortably to about 80’ish.

Unfortunately (or fortunately :p) for my very pagan ass she’s a hardcore christian. I sometimes tease her that when we hug, we ought to leave space in the middle for Jesus.

The thing is RoH has been hit quite hard by nerfs. Are you able to get amatok (i.e. blizzard)? It’s one of the most powerful offensive devotions in the game, moreso than even ultos. I would also argue that it’s better than spear.

Binding it to RoH results in pretty explosions as you shove icicles up butts from below, and down throats from above.

The buff to tsunami has also made it pretty good. Should do wonders for you if bound to WoP.

Most importantly, get Aura of censure, rumor, and crown for RR.

EDIT: Don’t forget to invest in artifact handling as well.

Our GDstashing sins can not be forgotten by RNGesus :frowning: we are beyond salvation!

When sir spanksalot makes a build, he choses the items and his gf the Devotions then?

When the dust has settled, including a small paragraph on when/how to use the new merits would help, I think.

No. She chooses when I turn off the computer. :smiley: