A minute skill tree addition for Demolitionist

A five point passive shield buff node (requiring one handed ranged) that branches into 2 more nodes, 1 focusing on attack speed, the other on % armor buff, would i believe make a pist/shie build far more viable.

To be clear I’m not looking to make this build meta, just more enjoyable. I enjoy using less than optimum builds, demolitionist/(any other class) that uses pist/shie is rather fun until late game, just this small change would make this strange setup far more viable. Lastly some more equipment along the lines of [Legionnaire’s Rebuke] would be more than welcome.

Masteries at this point aren’t getting any new skills. Only thing they can get is reworks to current skills.

• A minute skill addition

• An intern could to it

• Actually :crate: I’ll gladly do it for you, just give me access to the files
2 Likes

Indeed, i figured as much, i guess I’m just desperate to have that riot shield aesthetic and not take an eternity to clear mobs lol

This is what modding is for. It’s easy to do, just go do it.

Um, you do have access to the files. The game allows modding. It provides the tools.

It is most certainly able to be modded in, but I would much rather see the shield and pistol pairing in general recieve some love in the vanilla experience. Thus i gave my two cents, i doubt anything will come of it but this is the “ideas and feedback” section.

It’s not going to happen. The only way to get what you want is to mod it.
Your stated case is not, historically, something the Devs see as a reason to change the game.

Besides, apparently, it’s easy to do - so go for it.

I’d actually like to see shattering smash work with pistol + shield. It’s aoe ranged, you slam your shield down, really nothing that should hard require a melee weapon main hand imo.

Alright, I essentially agree with you, so lets just remove the original concept of altering/adding skills and just say i think it would be a neat idea to add more loot geared toward pistol and shield builds. Add the prerequisite that a one handed ranged weapon and shield are equipped, similar to [Legionnaire’s Rebuke] and you essentially have an item that is incapable of unbalancing the game barring some insane modifiers.

I don’t think this would be an outlandish thing to suggest considering the next update is supposed to add a good amount of new items to the game. By just adding a few more items they could make a borderline useless load out into something more palatable, at essentially no risk of unbalancing the game, and we all know MOAR is better.

Yes, that would definitely be something id like to see.

They’ve already increased drop rates. They won’t be able to, nor will they, single out specific loot requests like this. Again, it is the same as the original request. The reason isn’t good enough.

If you are wanting something specific, you’d best have a good reason and scenarios to back it up. Provide a character build and description of what it is you are trying to do, and how current options don’t work.

It’s not as simple as adding in a skill or tossing in extra loot. These things can easily destroy balance. If you want this, then you’ll need to mod it.

I dont think theres a better reason for changes being needed than what ive stated, It’s the only hand slot load out that is essentialy considered unusable by the entire community for end game content. When i presented my idea it was more of a general idea than an exact blueprint. I was never asking for anything to specific, i purposefully generalized.

If the devs see it as an issue im sure we will get something down the line, if not oh well completely understandable. I was mearly putting the idea out there. I would also like to point out your constant statements about mods are somewhat unwarranted, im aware they exist, I’m aware it is possible, i’ve already said my reasons for bringing it up here.

I’m currently trying to think of another terrible build to grind to 100, wish me luck.

Yet, this is the best route available to you. If it’s that important to you, then this is, in my IMHO, the only way available for you to do it.

Perhaps this person can do it for you since they think it’s easy to do. Although, they don’t seem to know that they have the files they need. :thinking:

Good luck on your grind.

My first character was Pyromancer with pistol+shield and I never had thoughts of enhacing the shield. Sure he wasn’t champion of the world, but it was much fun to play him: Judge my 1st character
Other masteries have skills for shields. I’m glad the selection is varied.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.