A Quick Shoutout to the GD Community

I’d like to take a moment to draw some attention to one of the most nurtured corners of the Grim Dawn community, the unofficial GD Discord.

Since they started, the Discord server has grown from just 25 people to well over a thousand active users and an ever growing set of features aimed at improving the community experience. They have the now infamous Outcast bot (it’s kind of a warm fuzzy feeling that an NPC I came up with is now this endearing part of the community) running to handle everything from builds, tagging useful information, social media tracking for Grim Dawn news and more as they continue to expand on its abilities.

Rumor is, I even occasionally stop by the Discord to throw some sass and chat about Grim Dawn things.

All this was made possible entirely through the efforts of players like you. Their time, energy and finances are going into making your GD community experience a better one.

It has been brought to my attention that as the community grows and the bot’s features are expanded, that does mean the costs of maintaining it go up. The hosts of the GD Discord now have a Patreon to help offset those expenses. If you’ve ever found yourself commanding the Outcast bot or just hanging out in the GD Discord and have a few coins to spare, I’m sure it will make a difference for those guys. :smiley:

Great to see the community growing like this.

I talked to Ceno on Discord about possibly setting up some kind of raffle system, as I have several copies of the game to give away due to always buying 1-3 copies when I see it on sale.

Hopefully this happens, but I understand if it doesn’t. I’ll find some other method to do a giveaway.

Zantai noticed us!

Wait, is Zantai trying to insult us? :confused:

I’ll throw a cactus on you, Zantai! :furious:

Yes, give money to the bot so we can take over :rolleyes:

Yup, everyone on the team does a good great job there, even us lowly janitors :smiley:

I don’t know, that Ceno guy is pretty sketchy.

Done. :slight_smile:

10thingys

Bumping this, as I feel it is important.