A small change if its possible

Maybe someone has asked before, but its possible to increase the max run speed? Instead of 135% to 150% or more? Would be nice to run a little faster in late game.

It used to be faster. Long, long ago. And then they changed it to what it is now. So I regret to inform you that you will be unable to convince them to change it again.

I believe the Grim Internals tool lets you move faster in the game.

@Arikado Here you have instruction how to change it yourself (minimum and maximum movement speed should be at 150%):

click me
  • Unpack database.zip (9.2 KB)

• put .arz in in Grim Dawn\mods

• make a shortcut to Grim Dawn .exe you’re using, this can be:

• 64 bit Grim Dawn from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\x64\Grim Dawn.exe

• Grim Internals from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\GrimInternals64.exe

• 32 bit Grim Dawn from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Grim Dawn.exe

• add /basemods (preceded with one space) as argument to the shortcut:
    lazy_launch

• you can optionally rename this shortcut so that you known it launches modded Grim Dawn

• alternatively instead of making a shortcut you can add -basemods option in Steam Launch settings

• launch the game from the shortcut (or from Steam with added option)

1 Like

the speed slider in Grim Internals works like the game speed setting in Titan Quest, ie. the whole game is sped up and everything else moves and attacks faster too. That makes it a little bit harder to survive in tight situations but it certainly is an option to save some time if you’re in a rush.

Since i’m playing this game on linux, grim tools doesn’t work.

thank you, but I would appreciate another way to use this mod, since i’m already using a mod with /basemods in my steam laucher.

Faster run speed is anything but a small change. It fundamentally changes the pacing of the game and even the “feel” of how big the world feels.

We arrived at the current number very deliberately.

3 Likes

I understand, I just thought about a buff around 10%, but it’s not problem, just asking if it’s possible.
Thank you for your answer.

1 Like

You could do a permanent change in your database if you know a little bit the tools.
Import game\gameengine.dbr in a new mod, modify Player InfoPlayerRunSpeedCapMax by the desired value, swap your mod database with the vanilla database, build, say “no to all” if anything got deleted, put the new vanilla database back. You will find better tutorial on the net, even for Titan Quest as they behave approx the same.
I haven’t tested but should work. Don’t know about multiplayer restrictions.

1 Like

You absolutely can use Grim Internals on Linux… and most tools that have been made for GD. I’ve done it and so have others. It just takes a little bit of work.

Here’s how…

Grim Dawn (219990) · Issue #466 · ValveSoftware/Proton · GitHub

Alternatively to what @Mandrake wrote, you could learn how to make some simple mods and build this 150% speed mod into your current mod.

Alright, thank you

I know how to edit mods, but I don’t know how to create and merge mods, but I will take a look, thanks.

@Arikado Here is a tutorial I found and it justly speaks about the cap speed. See if you can do something.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.