AAR Spellbinder SR76 & Crucible 170ex V1.123

conservative GT setup for SR
V1https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pxKda2

V2https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zAoERN

update: another video: https://youtu.be/iqDwd8A4neQ
video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4378yXGu_7o&feature=youtu.be
Very negative debuffs at this run. This bd should carry qualification to conquer SR80. but as someone who’s got no love for and no interest in exploring higher shards of SR as I am, not gonna do that.

Update: SR 80 - BOSS level the last monster and remaining blood and time

changed the relic to eternity.it’s more suitable in SR.
There would be chances to experience sudden death depending on how good/bad you can control a fragile caster BD. But still big chance to enter SR80 without running out time.
Still working on it. hoping to find a better setup.

aggressive GT setup for Crucible

Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOsY86CN3P4&t=106s

It’s a regular build so there isn’t a lot to talk about except remember to use nullification as often as you can, and “sandstorm” alone is good enough for the pulsing shard offhand.

Nice SR result. But I can’t say I love the way this build was made just to give it n% chance to do SRxx.

You should take Reckless instead of Harbinger. Less points for the same gains. Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems this build has a total of 0% weapon dmg from all sources (not even procs) so that adcth from Harbinger doesn’t work (that Arcane Spark doesn’t work either BTW). And take Siphon Souls for more tankiness and less chance of crit one-shots, etc. Or Decay. Or just forget % dmg (cast speed you don’t seem to need) and take Master of Death.

Also, transmuted CT has 100% to proc TD instead of 3x68% (iirc) of Trozan. And it does have some weapon damage so you can leech energy with it.

A question if I may:

13k health, 2.8da, 1.8 armor and 16 phys res half the time (a lot for a binder but still…) really “qualifies for SR80” now? I’m just asking because honestly I haven’t had time to test much SR in the last hotfix. They really made it that easy? In my experience, eat some debuffs and mutators, and Reaper could easily burst even through MoT on a binder without Crucible buffs. Especially when it takes ages to kill him in SR with that dmg.

Further more no max devastation, no max fabric of reallty wich is huge flat and % aether dmg and energy leecher passive. Disruption resist 0. On this i have better dmg on paper too. This from my thread. i did 75 and can do 76. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0Rr5MN

What you point out is what’s good on paper but ignored the limitation or short-sides and realities of the these options. In my case HoS and RP aren’t much of difference since my AAR isn’t built on weapon damage but if I choose HoS that I still also gain mastery points from 32 to 50 which will add to health, DA and magic damage bonus.

SS isn’t a game changer even max out for a SR criteria (if so, Nandi’s AAR shouldn’t have died at 75 :)), no to mention how many points you will have to invest in SS and BB, points of which are so tight for this build, also let along its limited working radius. I’ve tried that, not too much of a deal-turner.

AAR will always be the paper cannon no matter how you put it, and for a caster build in its given gears and masteries, there’s not too much you can do about it’s AR and PR, just not the right BD mechanism for a caster AAR. There’s no way you can make its AR to 4000, or PR to 60. so to just find the suitables for the proper BD is more realistic. My friend used older version of this and took to 79 then game crashed on him. And the current version has more survaviblity than the old one. and also off the topic, it’s wrong not to use buffs and potions when you can. You can choose to do that, but it’s not a standard.

TS in my build only serves to activate hourglass, where its radius isn’t as limited as CT and 1 point in FC could freeze certain monsters, which is good. Energy leech is least of my concern since it’s always sufficient.

Nevertheless current setup is proven to work. and whether it’s qualified to conquer 80-90 isn’t my concern of this bd, since that’s not a necessity, not untill there’s another checkpoint added or better loot added. and for a lot of builds that were claimed to work for 80 -90, I have no doubt they will die at certain shards and combos of monsters with bad debuffs no matter how pretty they are claimed.

AAR with its innate features can never challenge those at their prime moments. certain BDs can take scion of sands in 2 minutes, or 5 mins of crucible or SR 95+. Not even your theory-crafted AAR can compete. I guess that’s why devs keep buffing and nerfing stuff at every update so that game’s more balanced and playable. LOL

Maxed-out devastation certainly looks better than its actual worth. I choose to take limited points to max out AAR while minimal investment in devastation can serve it purpose as AOE support. AAR has over 250K DPS in SR each time it takes damage is much more than that of devastation.

Your current version is a bit of similar with my older version actually.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPA9YGN older version
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GXaELV older version
But a piece of advice mirror and nullification should make you much more comfortable in SR that deserves more points, and 30% of stun, 15% of maxed aether resistance and less than 80 of entrapment? Greatly reduces your chances to survive.

It’s not that Harbinger and Reckless are “not much different.” For your build, they are no different at all. Both flat and adcth are useless with zero weapon damage. The only difference is that in Harbinger you get 1 free rank and in Reckless you get 4.

Forget SS. No Decay on a spellbinder, especially one focused on defense, seems even more off. At least use Kymon’s Will augment.

Percentage damage reduced from Kymon’s will need full percentage of weapon damage to activate.

Oh, yeah, that’s correct. What about my other points?

I watched the vid just now. Defeating Mad Queen with a binder at 76 - and with full aggro - is indeed impressive. But this vid is with two Zants who are basically helpless against anything ranged. It still seems to me that any fast heavy hitter like Reaper, Kaisan, Grava, Iron Maiden and many others from whom you’re bound to take some damage while kiting when Mirror-MoT is down paired with Okaloth or Gabal with their da shred, etc. = auto-restart for this build.

took another video that would answer some of your questions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqDwd8A4neQ&feature=youtu.be

In the end all fragile BDs requires prompt and improvise decision-making in the battle. and also while entering boss level, to alarm them one by one is wise. That being said, 2 should be fine as well , but 3 makes it critical.
Is it possible under some circumstances would one die ? yes, but then I guess that’s a question for all AAR builds.
To restart isn’t so bad as long as you finish levels in designated time
why there is a skip in the video is because I took twice to record.

Like I said these are all nice results (still no Reaper though). But all my points stand. Not using Seal of Annihilation with -10% spell cost but using Arcane Spark whose energy leech doesn’t work and then overcapping Mental Alacrity, using Harbinger over Reckless when they have the exactly same effect and Reckless is cheaper, using Tranquil Pants on top of Aeon and other stuff so that slow res is at 70% overcap, no damage reduction which is the most powerful defense and isnt affected by SR scaling, I see some bleed res augments with bleed res at 50%, etc.

Í don’t mean to criticize. Just wanted to share my opinion how to improve your build. But if you think it doesn’t need improving then ok. I’m out.

I sense you are getting some wrong info
tranquil pants is key to poison and acid and aether RR which I desperately need, not its slower resistance; also 100 spirit will add to magic damage % , + to inner focus boosts up OA and spirit too. Not sure what’s aeon, but this pants suit me better than wraithborne, for which I’ve already have enough bleeding and vitality RR.
I get why you are focus on adding points to RP so that you could invest on SS for OA reduction AND same purpose of seal of Annihilation. I’ll give this a shot though don’t have a lot of faith in it. It might be efficient just not enough. had it in my other builds once(SS+BloodyP+SealA), didnt impress me at all. If damage aborption from different sources cannot save you at critical moments. then this wont for sure. But good suggestion though, It might turn out different as I picture it now.
One thing I don’t get is why you emphasize on energy leech so much if you watched the vid you must have noticed it never dropped blow 2/3. So Arcane Spark for me is to kick up OA a bit never about energy.
Nevertheless, thank you for all your inputs man.

But this build requires understanding and improvise battle decisions. And I sense all AAR builds are as well. None including some other BDs can guarantee you a solid pass at its critical moments at different levels. And reaper is not as threatful as you think, Kaison paired up with dustreaper is more damaging and tricky. Random debuffs play a much more important role than Bosses are. Again I’ve already taken it to SR 80 without running out time and using any consumables. So it has more depth than you think. But when it comes to fully take on all bosses together, it’s no good. and for which you should avoid since you can avoid that by not alarming them all

Edit 1 tried out - OA , not as useful as it seems at all. But it took me to review otherwisely investing on RP, so to save points for other use.