About Shattered Realm and Waystones

Please make it so that waystones don’t open already completed shards, but the next one.
For those who set up getting as far in the SR as possible it’s a bit frustrating having to again complete a shard already previously completed in order to progress further. It just feels like a waste of time.
If I completed shard 60 for example, the corresponding waystone should open shard 61. It just seems much more fair.
I doubt there’s gonna be anyone against this idea. Some players would probably appreciate it as well, while the rest will be indifferent.

1 Like

+1 to this. Also the repeat mechanic makes it so that I as a player try to complete as many shards as possible (20 at a time) so as to minimize the repeats. The problem with that is the crash chance goes up as shards completed in one session increases. I have had the game crash after 17 shards before – and that is certainly like leather goods on steroids (belt in the mouth and boot in the rear).

1 Like

That’s also a good point. I usually don’t have very much spare time for gaming so I rarely do more than 5 or 10 Shards in 1 go. So after so many repeats it grown on you.

I like the design of SR as it is, yes it can be heavy the first time you have to climb all those levels, but then it will be much easier for your other characters to access these thanks to the jumps of 5 at a time.

2 Likes

I don’t see how that’s relevant to what I touched upon. 5 Shard chechpoints are fine, progress being separate for each character (soulbound let’s say) is fine. Just make it so that you don’t have to replay the same Shard you’ve already completed on the same character.

I agree that waystone obtained after beating SR5 should lead to SR6, but for a different reason than others above. It’s simply more logical to continue where I left off.
Whenever new players ask how waystones work, it’s not trivial to explain, so I’m all for making them more intuitive.

1 Like

It’s fine as it is now, we’re not going to drown in a glass of water for a level.

1 Like