Hello all,
I’ve been trying to get the 64 bit version to work for the past 3 hours, with no luck whatsoever, and i am at my wits’ end.
I have tried pretty much every “solution” thrown at me through google searches:
-
Setting UPnP to false.
-
Reinstalling/repairing the VC++ redistributables.
-
adding /x64 to the advanced launch options.
-
Repairing and verifying the files.
-
Making a shortcut to my desktop, and then redirecting the Start in line to the Grim Dawn root folder, instead of the x64 folder under properties.
None of the above have yielded any result. they all end up in a black screen, while audio plays in the background. the x32 version meanwhile launches without any problems whatsoever.
I have the steam version, and i’m running Windows 10, on a i9 13900KF, RTX 3080 12GB version, with 32GB of ram, so partwise it is absolutely no issue.
EDIT, the problem was caused by DPYes’s v1.8 playtest. as soon as i removed the files and swapped over to the 1.7 stable version, everything was fine, and the 64 bit version worked (and i can finaly play with WASD controls).