Acid Paladin

Is it possible? I only have time to really focus leveling one more character due to irl, and paladin is what I chose strictly for the name and playstyle. After seeing the witch exclusive skill that converts fire to acid, are there any viable FG sets to compliment an Acid/Poison paladin? Not really wanting to make a stereotypical censure fire paladin. :confused:

I don’t think so. Getting sufficient acid RR will be a PITA, and with the exception of PoT3, both classes don’t provide +% acid damage.

Might be doable for vanilla, and if that’s all you’re looking to do - then go for it.

Why do you wanna do a acid paladin instead of acid sentinel?

I would guess ranged acid-based righteous fervor + WPS

Because I just like that inquisitor class a lot, and the paladin archetype name. Thought it would be cool to be able to pull it off but it looks difficult.

You will get acid res reduction from transmuted summon guardian of Empyrion, so if you wanna do ranged DW acid build with Righteous fervor and such, should be no problem. Have a look here for inspiration http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81941

In my experience, even if you can get 35% acid RR on guardian, it won’t be enough unless you’re dishing out obscene dps.

35% from guardian + 23% from rumor + 28 flat from manticore = 86% RR.

Classically, a good minimum value to strive for is 100%.

AFAIK, the deathguard reaper is the only thing which can pull it off, and even then… meh.

Comparison between 100% and 86% rr

On a mob that has 80% res, dmg difference is 13%
On a mob that has 50% res, dmg difference is 10%
On a mob that has 25% res, dmg difference is 9%
On a mob that has 0% res, dmg difference is 7.5%

Doi. I’m subjecting everyone to my unrealistic, silly prejudice towards non-vanilla content like glad, and now SR. :rolleyes:

But 7.5% is a big difference at that level.

It depends on how squishy you are and if you are concerned about time constraints.

But yes, I bet a very small amount of players GD stash double rare greens with the purpose of doing glad and SR at as high level as possible.

I see what you did there. :smiley:

True, but in the same breath, many of these double-greeners need those items to actually succeed.

There is one way to get around Acid Paladin:

Radaggan’s Acid Paladin

Uses the Radaggan set to get 25% RR modifier in Aura of Censure. Use the Eldritch Halberd and focus on getting at least 24/16 Righteous Fervor. Probably has a lot of weaknesses, but at least you have something you can work on.

Ohhh very neat! That’s an awesome post to wake up to. Gives me some more and I’ll mess around with it some more later today. Thanks :3