Add a smith that allow reroll gear stats and prefix/suffix of rares

Simply put, with amount of money (and or some crafting items) this smith allow you to reroll the gear stats to your liking, and with huge amount of money you can reroll prefix/suffix of some rares.

What this provide the game with:

1. An iron sink, currently other than crafting the stonehide boot there arent much use of millions and millions of iron.

2. Make double rare no longer a GDStash only item, seriously, 1k hour in and i’ve yet to come across a single double rare thats remotely useful for my build. It also make double rare greens no longer a meme in builds.

3. Allow people to optimize their build abit further by rerolling gear stats, especially consider some twohanded weapons have wild range of stats such as soulrend. Relic bonuses should also be rerollable for a price consider how difficult it is to craft them.

4. Provides abit more interaction with the crafting system.

My suggested price:

1.Reroll stats or bonuses for 1~2mil of iron.

2.Reroll prefix/suffix magic for 2mil~3mil of iron.

3.Reroll prefix/suffix rare for 10mil+ iron.

These are intentionally expensive as to give player the incentive to either pay for reroll or go out and farm/craft.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Any thoughts on this?

Yeah, been suggested before. Devs not looking to add anything like that.

Any reason why? :confused:

I mean they said they never gonna add infinite dungeons but we got SR now… also AAR piercing, auto pick ups etc. seems like dev willing to have a new look at things especially as this game approaching the last few major patches.

It would be an improvement on the current rare system which to be fair unless you have luck to win lottery money you never gonna get that desirable double rare in builds. This at least making it possible while making irons not useless endgame.

I wish affixes like Arcanist’s, Necromancer’s, Sabateur’s, Spellbreaker’s… Impervious, Resistant, of Spellweaving… affixes which have multiple versions of themselves could be rerolled to the same affix but different version. I don’t know how much iron it should cost. I’m against rerolling legendary and relics.

why not relics? Currently getting the right skill bonuses with them are nearly impossible from legit crafting because how much mats they need and how time consuming they are. Let us be able to reroll the extra bonus in game to something not non-existent would be nice.

1 Like

I just consider that to be a bonus. I just craft one relic and use it, if the bonus is good I get excited. The excitement would be gone if it came real easy.

well if you make it costly enough it isnt too easy either, because you still have to deal with RNG of those rerolls, it just makes it less convoluted and time consuming, considering many endgame relics need another endgame relic along with many other relics and MIs to craft…

You can always do what many peeps do, which is save-craft. (I assume this is mostly those that can’t stomach bad rolls)

Back up the game just before craft, then reload if you don’t get what you want.

It would be nice if Crate added this OP’s requested feature, though. One of my first thoughts when starting GD was that this would be nice…it might be because I much enjoyed that feature in PoE.

If people are desperate for it Grim Internals has highlighted the mod-> feature path that may be attempted

Could work, smaller chance but it won’t be known until someone tries

Yes you can do that or you could just GDStash too, but these arent directly interacting with the game features though, is like save scumming in RPGs, you might as well adding something legit in game while also provide some use for the millions and millions of accumulated iron we got.

We already got transmuting gears so i think feature wise this is definitely feasible.

The design here also feeds into gameplay loop, in that you still want to pick up gears that are not for your build to sell it for irons, so you can then attempt to use the iron to reroll an item. This makes farming abit more rewarding than current, where you complete sets and thats about it, lots of legendaries epic greens littered on the floor but not for much use.

It also provides a choice if the crafting is expensive enough: you can farm for a green of your liking or save up to craft one, either is preferable depend on what you like. Farming an MI costs nothing, crafting is very expensive but reduces RNG component.

I know they have been against this kind of thing in the past… but they added legendary/unique set transmutation and I never thought we would get anything like that. Even things like auto-pickup of components/crafting materials they were staunchly against until recently.

With this game nearing the end of its life (in terms of updates) I think it would be great for the longevity of this game if they reconsidered their approach to double rare MIs. Whether it is increasing droprates, or allowing affix transmutation I think it would be good to make these actually realistic to obtain outside of using a mod.

I wouldn’t go as far as OP in allowing individual stats to be changed, really just allowing affix rerolling would be as far as I would go. Make the cost extremely high to maintain some level of effort being required to get the exact one you are looking for. There are dozens of rare affixes, it still would not be easy to get the perfect double rare, and with stat ranges being a thing as well… the perfect MI would still be nearly impossible with this system.

If that isn’t palatable, maybe just allow people to craft a guaranteed double rare MI at the legendary smiths with a similar cost to legendaries. The chances of getting anything remotely good would be significantly lower than the legendary crafting for similar cost.

1 Like

exactly, and not just for longevity either but also beneficial to game design:

• You dont have to farm a spot over and over for that perfect MI drop anymore. Just by farming anywhere give you currency which then feeds into crafting an MI should you choose that route. You can still farm the same as before and this becomes a choice.

• Iron is not useless anymore, theres a far more incentive for saving some iron or perhaps crafting mats and use them like you transmute gears. Game still feels rewarding even if you not getting the drop you like, because it rewards you with iron which now become useful always.

• You can actually plan builds around double MI now as crafting reduce the RNG aspect abit, currently more than 1 double MI in a build is just not viable because how rare it is. Why have a game feature that’s basically not there?

• Double MIs can finally replace some of the cookie cutter sets now. In my opinion having legendary sets and then the correspondent legendary weapon/offhand feels abit too stale for builds. Currently a reason for this is of course, double rare or even good rares are hard to come by.

• Some niche build would have more options to cover their weaknesses, which improves game balance.

1 Like

Couldn’t support this more. Big +1 from me.

At least for relic and condiut completion bonuses (affixes), I agree.

That’s not going to happen, though the only reroll I might go for the relic completion bonusses; maybe we can use inventor’s transmute option here to for example change the completion bonus on agrivix relic, or korvaak’s deception; no class bonus relics like serenity can be excluded ofc. I don’t know how many times should I craft the same relic just to get both nice stats and useful completion bonus.

Can’t you just add (in a mod) a recipe to the inventor/blacksmith for each relic that uses the same relic as a material?