Adding new record in database

Hello everyone,
I have a question about database and adding new records of dbr or define new attributes in dbr.

First: From what I’ve know in game dev there is always File List that have defined all entries like whole tree /XX/YY/ZZ/abc.dbr - is there way to find that file and how can I edit it to add new entry that game will recognize.

Second: I checked template files and structures of dbr files and for ex. single bitmap we have entry bitmapName, and bitmapPositionX, bitmapPositionY. Is there any possibility to add more bitmaps in one entry and if not is there way to define them(copy/pase from original bitmapName but for ex add suffix like 2,3,4)

The Asset Manager has a “Import Record…” feature that allows you to add .dbr’s to your mod.

As for the template files, yes, that is the way to add additional entries to a .dbr. The best I can offer there is to experiment with the .tpl and see what happens. Some additions will take and some will not.

You should be able to edit the .tpl files in the Asset Manager or use a text editor, like I do.

I already changed tpl and yes I can change template entries but its not possible to add entry because we need 2 var defined but we have only one for bitmap. Maybe there is some database what var are defined that are usable?

Well, you can add entries to a .tpl but, whether the game will read them or not is another story. That’s why I suggested you experiment with it and see what happens.

Sorry I can’t offer much more than that on this subject.

Maybe you have knowledge how this is works in GD. I mean that .tpl are like place where Im defining stuff and game read first .tpl and based on .tpc its reading .dbr? I mean like is .tpl instruction?

The .tpl file defines what information is contained in the .dbr file. The game reads the .dbr files.

Edit the .tpl file, then edit the .dbr file.

Well I’m going though files and I have a question:

When I open inventory I have it like normal - thats correct, but when I go to vendor it opening 2 windows mine like inventory and vendor and now mine inventory is not centered but more in the right side.

Anyone know what file defines this behaviour?

Generally speaking, you should not have to change the templates, with very few exceptions.

What would you want that second bitmap entry for anyway ?

I want to divide equipment from stats into 2 separates windows, making 1 bigger graphics with 2 spots is not an option because even transparent spots blocking out player from movement

That’s normal.

Take a look at records\ui\character\character_mastertable.dbr and see if that helps for the character window.

Take a look at records\ui\vendors\vendor_mastertable.dbr and see if that helps for the vendor window.

I’m not sure that’s possible.