Advice for Pure Solider!

Hello everybody!

I am fairly new and doing a Veteran run right now with a Commando (Soldier + Demolitionist), though I only have 1 point in Demolition, so basically full Soldier.

I was hoping for some general advice in how to gear my Soldier? I can’t seem to decide what to prioritize. In general, I try to get well rounded resistances, even supplementing them with components and augments. However, I really like having +% Physical Damage and +% Internal Trauma to mix well with my Soldier build.

The thing I have noticed is that a lot of gear doesn’t roll +% Phys Dmg or +% Int Trauma. Instead, I usually get high armor valued items with mixtures of random elemental damage and defenses. How do I prioritize between stuff like defensive stats such as Health, OA, DA, +% Phys Damage? When should I stop holding onto my pants with only 200 armor just because it gives me +24% Phys Damage while most pants are now between 600-800 armor but don’t have that juicy +% Phys Damage I want? Should I just hold forever until I finally get a good rolled item?

In general, what type of stats should I be looking for to upgrade my soldier?

Also, idk why, but I get amazingly good rolled Demolitionist gear (seems like all of my blue drops…) with only 1 point in it while my 50+ points in Soldier gets ignored a lot… Ugh I swear the game is trolling me.

Any advice and help welcome, thanks!

my advice is to aim for faction gears that enhance physical damage/internal trauma/cunning/defenses, if you have trouble getting good rolls for those stats from yellow/green/blue drops.
faction gears are designed as a placeholders for builds that hasn’t got their Best in Slot gears yet. they might not be amazing, but they can enhance your builds safely.
faction augments & enchantments also helps alot in offense/defense. especially to cover your weaker resistances.

Thank you very much, that is what I am doing right now pretty much. I grinded out “Honored” reputation with Devil’s Crossing, Black Legion, Homestead, and Kymon’s Chosen to get all the level 50 +% Phys damage gear I could.