Advice for Sorcerer Barrelsmith Build

Hi all,

I’m a relatively new player looking for some advice on how I could further improve my Sorcerer Barrelsmith build which was inspired by Marcus’ barrelsmith purifier build.

Grimtools link: Sorcerer, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
SR 100 clear (with a lot of pots): https://youtu.be/g_AFeSniCmM?si=eph52lb_P9Bf7H0X
Note: this video is running hawk + mantis, which i later changed to quill + jackal. Don’t think it makes too much of a difference at the end of the day.

The main issue with the build is survivability. It’s phys res is fairly low (hovering about 40%), and its main sustain comes from druid, behemoth, and chariot. I also don’t have a great way to reduce enemy damage other than a low level Ulzuin’s Wrath. However, I also feel a little uneasy about lowering its damage output as it does not have much -rr% and so already struggles a little on bosses with high lightning resist.
I’m currently testing out running Serenity as the relic for an extra circuit breaker. It would also give me a couple of skill points to move around. I am also thinking of replacing the Living Ring with a Gollus Ring and put more points into Vindictive Flame for more health regen.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve got nothing. Looks good to me, great even. And I wouldn’t call 40 % phys res low :wink: But maybe that’s just me :laughing: