Advice on my warder

Hi everyone

Looking for some advice on my warder build, I had followed the starter build by malawiglenn and it has worked well and allowed me to complete ultimate, I’m now looking to make some tweaks to help me get as far as I can in SR.

Current build and gear - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2J4K44Z

So I’ve got a couple of queries but if anyone spots anything which would improve OA / DA or DPS that would be great.

1. How much life steal should I be aiming for, is more always better or is there diminishing returns?
  2. With the above in mind, should I go for haunted steel or seal of skies on my weapon? I do like the chain lightning ability but that life steal on bosses almost seems too good to pass on.
  3. Which bits of gear should I prioritise on replacing? I know I haven’t got heavy armour on the chest but the ability it gives seems to provide alot of DA.
  4. Are my devotions still ok or do they need changing?

Sheet DPS is about 75k but I’m thinking my priority should be getting OA / DA up.

All thoughts appreciated, thank you for your time.

First of all: Welcome to the forum!

As much as you need to survive. This depends on your gear, the content you’re aiming for and your playstyle. You have to test this for yourself. For me, it would be at least 6%, more if possible.
Lifeleech kinda has “diminishing returns”, since you can’t have more than full health.

See above. Test it. If you can “afford” using Seal of the Skies, take it.

Your longer term priority should be to get the full Ultos set. Don’t forget that you can transmute one part of the set into a different one at your inventor.
In general, your choice of items shows that you understand the basics of GD and chose reasonably. Useful gear for leveling or early endgame. “You can’t always get what you want…”

Personally I’m not a fan of Chariot. And IMHO, lightning focused builds should use Spear of Heavens. It would be a big bonus.
Harp is okay, if you need the proc. Otherwise I’d get rid of it sooner or later.
TBH, I don’t think Toad is really useful in your build.
The other choices are okay IMHO.
Not completing Jackal and putting one point in Dryad doesn’t make much sense to me. Jackal would help you to fulfill the requirements for Spear of Heavens… Same goes for Ghoul and Empty Throne. Potential to get more red affinity if you need to.

I’m also not so sure regarding your skills. Your setup of Primal Strike and Savagery is a bit unusual. Maxing out Primal Strike without taking the transmuter is IMHO a waste of points. I’d take the transmuter and make Primal Strike the main damaging skill.
Maxing out Savagery is disputable. In setups with Primal Strike as main attack, you normally only max out Tenacity of the Boar. You throw in a Savagery strike now and then to keep up the buff, but otherwise damage is done with Primal Strike.
If you use Savagery as a buff mainly, you could take out some points of the first node. Base damage on an ability you don’t use often doesn’t help you much. There are many other ways to spend these points:
“Fighting Spirit” is a nice dps buff. So is “Squad Tactics”. If you want more defense/survivability, you could also invest some more points into Wendigo Totems.

Good luck!

EDIT: If you’re struggling with energy, you could use an Arcane Spark on the medal and “Arcanum Dust” (available from Malmouth Resistance) on your rings and amulet. Your augments and components in general could use some upgrades. But I could understand if you don’t want to put expensive stuff on gear that will be replaced rather sooner than later anyway…

Hi and welcome to the forum!

If you play melee builds your sheet DPS matters and how you life steal from it, the more damage you make, the better defenses are. I personally am trying to have at least 10% life steal. Unless you’re vitality build having more than 20% is very hard and pointless. Although for lightning build 10-14% is enough.

Best component is aether corruption for RR skill. Then purified salt for aether resistance and racial. Seal of Skies is decent too. I wouldn’t take haunted steel myself.

Check out this guide for end game Warder:

And for devotions, I recommend map from my Ultos Vindicator, should be optimal.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvxMgpN

Thank you both for your feedback and for the welcome to the forum! Seem like a friendly bunch!

Some useful things to consider, I think I will completely change my devotions potentially using the build you mentioned Nery.

I’ve got the mythical Ultos axe but haven’t been able to get any other drops or blueprints yet, will keep working on it.

1 Like

Just to check with the devotions, have I binded these to the optimal skills, see new build -

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4Vx76nb2

Everything’s fine. :smiley: Enjoy!