Aether Crystal Pickup Issue

I have several hundred hours playing Grim Dawn, and I have never seen this. I can no longer farm or gain any aether crystals it seems. I can break the larger cluster and see faint clusters fly about, but there is no way I can pick any up. I even have auto-pickup turned on. I did try a mod from Nexus Mods which I thought was acceptable. More than anything I used it to see what changing my Devotion Point setup. I went back to normal mode, and now I have the above mentioned issue. I removed (moved) the mods and emptied my mods folder, and still cannot pick up crystals. I am able to pick up all else, just not crystals. They are kind of important playing anything above level 65 characters, so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

I’m assuming you’re not more than 10 or so levels above the Aether Crystal Formations? At a certain point, if you overlevel an enemy by too much it stops dropping crafting materials completely.

Have you tried verifying your game files? Failing that, have you considered doing a full, clean reinstall?

Yep, this can be proved by trying to farm Burial Hill and then the Warden’s Cellar. Burial Hill is quite low, while the Cellar can be farmed for longer because of it’s higher level.

What level are you and where are you in the game? Area? Difficulty?

Thanks for both quick and good answers. I am lvl 68 and Crown Hill was not dropping any. Not that it is a known farming area, but I will try the Steelcap District next. I did verify game files and do an un-install then re-install. A “clean” install is difficult with Steam. I will check the Malmouth area some more and let you know if I find anything.

You could also try Port Valbury Outskirts. I think it’s level is going to be 62

Bingo! Got one in Steelcap District. Thank everyone!