Ah !!! There you are !!

Hey man, my ignorance of your continued existence belies my gaming/net expereince… meaning I had just assumed the worst that all that was IronLore and TQIM had died never to be found again.

I am sooooooo glad I was wrong.

Anyway, I’m Dave Sunhammer… a Diablo 3 refugee.

I read your interview with “Rock, Paper” and can attest that while D3 is a playable game, it is also an extreme victim of the “casual gamer” push. Sometimes I like a casual game, but I’m an original D&D player so I like some depth in my RPG.

I will gladly prepay a $50 I think… if you can answer 2 questions.

1. Will you be implimenting a day/night cycle as good as TQIM has?
  2. Will characters be skinable like the allskins mod?

Oh, forget a very important #3.
Pleeeeeaaaassssseee tell me I wont be forced to be connected to the internet to play. I understand registration will be required, etc… no prob. But I don’t want to be forced to be “in the cloud”.

Anyway, I may be late to the party, but I am sooo stoked to have found you all. See you around the forum.

Glad you found our hideout! welcome to the GD forums!

Hi and welcome to the forums - there is a day/night cycle planned as follows:

The following thread covers the online requirements for the game and it is clear that there will, at this stage, be a complete offline single player game (although you will likely not have to be offline to play it!)

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3185

As for skinnable characters - the game is going to be entirely moddable so it seems likely that someone will produce that option but I don’t know anything about it.

Thanks! Really.

I smell good things a cookin’ now

I take it first was more fun than fourth?
Sadly I wasn’t born for it. Fourth is pretty bad, 3.5 looks fun however.

1. Yes (it’s TQIT btw), as koovan quoted.
  2. I can only assume so, seeing that modding is supported.
  3. No online connection required. Crate is going for minimal DRM measures.

As for the casual gaming, this might interest you;

hi and welcome to the GD community

Yea, I saw that post from Medierra when I first got to the forum. That has given me some more confidence that I am in the right place.

I don’t mind casual gaming when I’m in that mood… but…

Anyway, thanks everyone for the welcome. Glad to meet you all. And thans for the answers to my questions.