Albrecht'S Aether Ray - Acid / Bleeding Type Conversion?

Why ask for toxic green when you can ask for beam of nothingness instead :stuck_out_tongue:

(modded content)

3 Likes

Oh, what a nice ray this is! But, I gotta say, we only play the game as intended by those who made it. Thus, no nicely looking pitchblack AARs or anything.
Acid-Aether-Ray is just a thought, and I try to be reasonable about it, is all. So… By the power of friendship and acid, I wish to make it happen. Some day. Without mods. :smiley:
… but d**m, this ray looks nice. :smiley:

How about this one?

4 Likes

Now, this is what I would call a toxic ray. Looks really nice! Oh, if this would only be in the normal, un-modded game with a certain medal or ring or weapon or amulett to convert the Aether Ray into… <3

Or an off-hand!

10 Likes

I don’t think I’d play anything else if this was in game. Black beam is hot

Damn, wish this was what physical AAR looked like instead of the piss laser.

1 Like

Oh Mr Dragon, I would sooo unleash my excitement of this would a) a real thing in our beloved game and b) a lvl 94 off-hand! Think of all the possibilities this would open for every Poisonist! :):poop: :):drooling_face:

On another note- I personally like every color of the AAR. The yellow one, too. My wife loves it since it really looks different. We are playing a lightning AAR char right now. But imagine… acid-green beam of excitement! :slight_smile: I can’t be the only one demanding it now, can I?

This is the only current way to do Bleeding AAR but mechanically, it’s not going to be any good because of the low weapon damage and that multiple sources of Bleed applied from AAR won’t stack with each other.

Say a character can stack 20 000 Bleeding/s on their weapon after % damage modifiers, pretty typical for a lot of Bloodrager builds with temporary buffs up. AAR will then apply 4 800/s with the Conduit. No amount of attainable resist reduction or crit damage is going to boost that up to acceptable levels. If anything, you’d get better output and overwrite the Bleed you’re applying with the vast majority of weapon damage skills/procs out there like Blind Fury. Heck, Falcon Swoop would put out as much weapon damage Bleed as AAR and has 100% pass through.

You could make an item with a skill modifier that adds Bleed damage to it but it would have to be a large amount to be worthwhile.as no other offensive skill in Arcanist supports Bleed damage or resist reduction despite the huge offensive ability and crit damage being great for DoT builds.

Maybe a set of skill modifiers that adds a large amount of Bleed and a decent chunk of weapon damage to it but keeps it in check with a serious detriment to casting speed or something else? I don’t know, i don’t see it being feasible.

I did not say that the build would be decent, only possible. Weak, almost unplayable, without any support, but possible :slightly_smiling_face:. Like Vitality AAR. You can convert it to full Vitality, but the results are bleak.

It’s had attempts. Not as good as a lot of other varieties of AAR but I’d hardly call it bleak when compared to other builds outside of the skill.

2 Likes

Nice! :+1: I tried this one https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GYA56Z. I was not satisfied with results and did not try it again (and that Aether-colored AAR was so annoying to see. I wanted the red one :rage:).

Never underestimate the power of Vit-AAR. :smiley: The Bleeding-Conversion is almot impossible to do, my wife and I hat some discussion about it. We figured that it would not meet our standarts, so we reacher out to certain… let us say, dragons. Besides, it is just fun to figure things out in this game! A red AAR ist certainly a sight to behold - but imagine, jus with a little tweak, a poison AAR that disintegrates our foes and common enemies to just a puddle of acidious… stuff. Chaos / Acid would be viable, as well as Fire / Acid and even Acid / Vit. The possibilities! We just played through all the Crucibles with Lightning AAR and Ret-Warlord with Warcry-focus. It is possible. Vit AAR with pets - possible. Acid - AAR? Possible after some items maybe? :smiley:

I had the Idea to have a Acid Ray long time ago. But we need a green slimy Acid Ray (similar to Acid Purge), not only the conversion.
The Idea with the Putrid Necklace is good.

Maybe a new MI medal would be nice or a changed Basilisk medal with Skill modifier for Acid Albrecht Aetherray with 100% Lightning damage to Acid conversion

I would supergladly accept the Medal or Putric Necklace-thing! We need an Acid Ray just because, just like the Power Rangers, one colour is not enough. We need ALL the colours! Besides that - as I mentioned there are so many different new options when it comes to builds, devotions and items. It would open up the Arcanist for many new ideas. It would be a niche build, yes. Of course. But it would be an o so fun one to play, I guarantee that. And even @Stupid_Dragon hat the idea of newly forged Fewmets. Doesn’t have to be that, it would not change the game as it is. Let us see this as… bonus. Bonus acid. <3

1 Like

Acid ray rly should be relatively easy to achieve with Obliteration, since there´s no Aether involved.
Though the problem of sustain remains - no life leech.

This could also be fixed with a simple “%Weapon damage to AAR” on a yet-to-be-created-item. Doesn’t have to be much. Or we could use the bat as a simple, yet so far effective way to get some leech from the beginning to the end. Another way would be to get a certain weapon to contain the phrase “%Weapon damage to AAR”, doesn’t have to be the medal or amulett. Or it could be, if we take things even further, a set-bonus for a corrupted “Arcanist of the Three”. A Poisomancer. A follower of Dreeg on a whole new level. So many possibilities…

@Zantai maybe is it possible to set the Item Mythical Contagion to an Acid Aether Ray Offhand? Because this item dont have any skillmod or conversion :slight_smile:

It surely would not hurt anybody, would it? :smiley: Dear @Zantai, if I could kindly ask for an early christmas-present… please? :heart_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.