Alkamos purple rings in 2019

You didn’t ready carefully, if you would then you wouldn’t ironic about this “items raining” point. It has nothing about these rings set, overall drop rates are ok, speedrunning 5 levels of boring catacombs map over and over and over, hundreds of times is not okay. It’s outdated boring formula and it should be changed. Make them even 0,1% dropable in SR/CR, at least farming them will be more fun than current state.

I AM ZEUS boss fetish surveys has nothing to this topic. He is obvious troll anyway.

What permits you to make that statement, assuming my intent when everything is written to be read at face value? Reading it left to right, top to bottom I gleaned that you feel you absolutely need this item and because the game doesn’t conform to your expectations it should be altered, simple as that.

Game doesn’t conform my and many other expectations in this case - there many topics about it not only on the forum. Yes, I absolutely need this item, especially because new waystones will be introduced and pushing SR is going to be healthy finally, no more 6 hours grinding for just +90 shard and losing whole progress because of crash or random freeze. People complained about it, solution was found.

Hundreds of boring long unchallenging runs in the same place are very frustrating and there is no logical reason to keep it like that, we are not in D2 times anymore, games are evolving (GD made big steps in this direction already). Well, even 10 years ago majority of people used bots for some reason, right?

Argumentum ad populum, again not everything needs to conform rigidly to expectations.

I don’t think the drop rates are that bad. Not everything has to be instant gratification and if you could complete a build quickly then there’s nothing left to farm for afterward which some people don’t like either.
Compared to some green MIs or even getting a specific purple item, 1% drop chance honestly isn’t so bad.

I agree with mad_lee that for this set it would be nice if you could transmute duplicates, even if it would be an exception from the rule.
The 1% drop rate and relatively long run are not equal to some other specific drop sets that have 3-9% drop rate and shorter runs, and also don’t require a Skeleton Key.

Just my hunch but I don’t think Crate will add them to the SR/Crucible pool because they probably like providing unique reasons to farm certain areas.

Still there is no logical reason to force people to run such boring dungeon hundred of times when we have other resources.

Argumentum ad populum is actually reasonable in computer games. They are made for us, and we are discussing only about these two rings, small element of the huge game. I had read few topics about it already, there are 2-3 (!) people who like it in current state, ofcourse there wasn’t even one good and logical argument to keep it like that except “in D2 drop rates were lower” - that’s why PvM died due to bots, yeah do not conform people expectations because not.

Edit: Weyu, that’s why mad_lee suggested good middle ground. Do not make drop rates higher but make them possible to get in SR/CR. Few people will be happy going 500 SoT runs, rest will eventually farm it even slower but in more healthy and less tedious way in other modes.

Perhaps some clarification on “us” as readers could infer all manner of things, from the inclusion of those who deem warder the most durable mastery, to players expecting D3 grade handouts of loot, or even those who derive enjoyment from farming kaisan to perfect their build.

One thing I really like and respect about Crate is that they are ARPG fans themselves and they make this game for themselves too. And they are old school ARPG players.

I think simply increasing their drop rates to 2% should be enough, it will roughly cut the number of runs needed cut in half to achieve a certain confidence level.

I don’t think they should be transmutable, I do not like exceptions of rules :stuck_out_tongue: Then people would start to demand transmutation of the other MI sets too.

Now have you thought about my argument for double rare greens? Let’s take stoneplate greaves. Who dafuq likes to farm scrap, scavanged plating and iron bits and push “craft button” 5000 times?

Look, I think the most rare and powerful items should also be the hardest ones to get legitimately. Don’t you?

1 Like

I have answered your argument about rare greens already few times. Yes, stoneplate greaves can be crafted after heavy grind BUT a lot of good rares drop in CR/SR (including boots with BiS mods like stonehide). Alkamos can’t be dropped here, you are forced to do these boring unchallenging runs or you have no perspective to get them. It’s complete opposite topic to double greens, have nothing with them.

Otherwise rare greens usually are for overcapping resistances (which can be done always in other way), blue alkamos rings/other ones doesn’t have pierce->cold conversion and 12% reduced target’s damage (mandatory for high SR). You are not forced to go halfass build without some godlike greens.

It’s not about drop rate, it’s about only possible horrible way to get them.

Get rune augment with dmg red. There are plenty of items with pierce > cold converison.

I have 6 pairs of Purple Alkamos rings + one odd but still not “Stonehide of Kings” green.

What about Sharzul cleaver? Also trivial to run and low drop chance (2%) that is 150 runs to be 95% certain to drop it at least once. Then you want good rolls on it…

What would be “best” I think is to just increase purple MI drop chances, since if they can drop also in SR there would be no reason to run those dungeons (as some one said)

How about a recipe, at a celestial smith, to upgrade the epic one to the legendary version. A few dozen celestial essence and lotuses, a couple seals of the night and a few crescent moons and scource relics should do the trick.

Plenty of items? https://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=15%%20Piercing%20Damage%20converted%20to%20Cold%20Damage&in_description=1&exact_match=0

One crap ring except Alkamos set - and there is no OA, speed, damage reduction. There are no other possibilites in rings if you don’t want to go halfass. Not only some sr pushing builds need them, more CR speedrunners too.

Using rune augument? 2x of them are leap (autostun), one has 3,3 seconds recharge/3 sec reducing damage, one is disengage (!). Next point - after +95 shard bosses are so scalled that it’s becoming superboss fight, making unnecessary delay between attacks (life leech) can kill you in some cases.

2% drop rate for single item is still better than 0,85 and 1 for both in much longer dungeon.

If it could drop in cr/sr then it still there would be reason to run those dungeons - there are few masochists or people with not advanced gear so in their cases dungeons are better choice than jumping into harder modes.

Edit: Serious_Stan - they can’t be crafted at celestial smiths.

yes, plenty of items: https://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=Piercing%20Damage%20converted%20to%20Cold%20Damage&in_description=1&exact_match=0

Use Olerons blood skill then if you want DMG red :stuck_out_tongue:

Then just accept that you can’t do SR 95 on your Trickster then. Game is not balanced so that all builds should be able to go that high…

(I do SoT quicker than BoC btw)

I’d say fix legit green items before fixing Alkamos rings.

If there is any comfort, I can give you a pair of them btw. Legit, 100% promise

Maybe you’re expecting too much.

55-75 for ideal of a godly endgame SR build. Aiming for 95 may just be trying too hard.

Olerons blood means no Shard of beronath (basic for infiltrator) or no Seal of blades (no armor, no lifesteal, additional pierce resistance), it’s not a good choice for min maxing in this case.

Infiltrator reached 111 already (yeah, with snapshotting but still it’s very impressive) and I am sure that after Deathly Waystones upgrade we will see more +100 - currently it’s very hard due to required time (over 10 hours to +100?), RNG and some chance of crash/freeze. I was going over 90-95 pre-nerf (so i won’t meet double gravas and kaisan anymore) with some builds and other people made way better records.

Game is not balanced around that but it’s nothing wrong if some builds can go so high. They are mediocre in other terms like speedfarming or crucible but builds like that should exist for some maniacs in my opinion :smiley: GD is great game because everyone can find something for their taste - we have crucible runners, sr pushers, uber killers, speedfarmers or just some fun and wild builds. Why should we kill some “players category”?

And there is consensus - let people grind in SoT if they like it but let give chance to get some specific items in other way. I would prefer to farm SR for 40 hours than SoT for 20.

Also - I believe you have few legit sets of alkamos rings but I want to get it playing solo, I became bored with GD stashing and I like to find everything myself. Thanks for your offer anyway :wink:

Infiltrator has Aura of Censure for dmg red, unless you go pierce damage. But then you don’t use Alkamos rings.

Aura of Censure is necessary because of RR/dmg red - like Alkamos rings.

So on what build you “need” alkamos rings on? Cold trickster is the only one I can think of. And trickster have savagery so one can use Oleron’s blood since no need of shard of beronath. Why do you “need” purple alkamos on cold infiltrator? More pierce to cold damage conversion? I do not think you will be short on damage to push higher, and you already got dmg red from AoC (dmg red from AoC and purple alkamos proc do not stack you know)

This one [1.1.2.3]Dual Melee Cold Infiltrator-Deepest SR 107,4min Calla,Crucible Triple Avengers

Missing only these rings from core (I will anyway get them before deathly waystones but it’s horrible boring process). If damage reduction doesn’t stack then how it works? Is there any guide/article about it? I would like to explore this topic more.

Highest debuff will stack for any particular damage type: 🤯 malawiglenn’s guide on game mechanics for beginners (my guide LOL) or to use your own famous words “just read the forums” :wink:

yeah that build uses them for pierce to cold conversion for some more flat damage. It has GD stashed weapons too so good luck getting those legit :stuck_out_tongue:

I am pretty sure that you’ll be fine with blue alkamos here, you get more OA too that way which seems to be lacking in the build you linked.