Alkamos Scythe MI

50 runs must be an average. I have done hundreds probably and never found a single one.
Maybe I am just unlucky. I have also never managed to have the Sentinel drop the 75th level mage helmet blueprint either, and I have done tons of runs at just the right level (according to Grimtools) for it to drop.
And while I know all loot is randomized, it is still annoying that in all these years, I never managed to find a Mythical Shadowflame Mantle, when my Harbinger Pyromancer build could really use that.

1 Like

Honestly I’ve found only one or two Shadowflame myself, it seems to be a fairly rare drop just like mythical Shadow’s grasp is for some people.

1 Like

It’s my own personal experience and I wasn’t the only one thinking that… I feel like to truly kick that RNG u need to not die even once doing the runs and between, hope u don’t crash in that farming spree + do this with high-level character because, perhaps or maybe, it does influence the drop rate. Not 100% sure on last point of mine but that’s my 3 suggestions.

Who dies in SoT?? smh weak character lol

Funny, I found Mythical Shadow’s Grasp a lot of times! I just destroy the ones that are weaker than the current one I have stashed away. RNG truly seems to have its quirks. I mean, I now found some shoulders I have never seen drop before, the Mythical Lifeblaze Mantle, for the first time ever, too. But overall I mostly just find stuff I already had. I tried using the random item lottery smith on Ultimate too, but no luck.
As for dying, well, that hardly ever happens to my top builds I do my farming with, especially my pet build Ritualist. And Steps of Torment is a roguelike dungeon, so if you die, you won’t ever get to Alkamos at all, anyway.
Funny btw, looking back, when the game was in Alpha I thought the Steps of Torment were ridiculously hard, especially the death rooms. How things change. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s great that you guys are almost immortal there. Applause to that.

However, my original intentions were to remind folks of my take on the alkamos ring hunts. I have done it a couple of times over the years now, having more than 5 legit sets. Maybe that’s not a lot but I don’t always farm those rings since all u need might be one or two of those rings in a set, which is enough already for life.

In the past alkamos ring had like 1.X something % chance and now it probably has 4% if not mistaken… so 25 runs sounds reasonably high probability there, huge unlucky if u still can’t get them. :neutral_face:

Shadow Grasp gloves… aren’t those like normal generic blue items which drop from time to time everywhere for me. Maybe I am stealing your Shadow grasps loot there, I dunno.

Nah point is RNG is sometimes indeed very random and won’t drop certain items despite theoretically having the same ish chance to drop as the others.

1 Like

I don’t disagree, however, I also think that RNG can be influenced by deaths, crashes or what level character u are playing.

1 Like

Fair point. I was talking about end game max level farming, where running totems and skeleton dungeons for blues and purples is fairly easy without dying.

2 Likes

Annoying or maybe exciting, that there’s still something in the game, that you haven’t seen.

3 Likes

Too true. I now started setting up excel tables to document what items I have and what I still need… I have like 6-7 characters whose inventory I use to store the loot, other than the shared stash, LOL.

No need to do that, gd stash does it automatically:

I try not using mods frankly, as they can break games. Plus GDStash can be used to just give yourself items, and I would probably not be able to resist… :stuck_out_tongue:

As Barnabas in Devil’s Crossing said, suit yourself. :wink:

Btw, did Von Aldritch’s scepter like, drop for anyone, ever? I have done that dungeon many times with many characters and I never even got the Epic version. Same for the 3 councilmen in Malmouth. I wonder if their loot table is bugged. The most they drop is some tainted brain matter.

it drops, at least in the past like 3 or 4 years ago when I farmed every single purple MI item in the game possible.

Don’t give up! I guess u aren’t a fan of using tools but grim internals saves sanity with x3 speed, although it’s a bit risky as well.