All early-access backers can now play!

18$ tiered backers will be getting early access sometime when Act 2 is released in January.

So just be a bit more patient as your time will come to jump into Grim Dawn and have far more content then what is available right now.

Pilikia - you find a small update regarding the Steam Early Access version on the top of this page. Sorry for the confusion and the wait.

I purchased an Epic game package ($32) with early access to the Beta only way back in February 2010 (before Grim Dawn was on Kickstarter). I just tried my game key to activate the product on Steam but it says it’s invalid. Do I need a different key to activate this early release?

I purchased the normal edition of Grim Dawn in August 2011. I wasn’t aware Kickstarter pledges got any extra items. Will I be getting anything besides the base game at release?

Sounds like you used the humble key in steam. You use the humble key in the humble store, then they give you the steam key. Be sure to register on humble site with same email address that you used with Crate.

Yes, you will.

[/INDENT]

Thank you, that helped fill in the gaps. I registered with the Humble store, resent myself my Humble Store Key, then was able to generate the Steam Key and get the product activated on Steam. Grim Dawn Alpha is currently downloading. So Excited to finally see this game for real! :smiley:

I backed the game on Kickstarter at the 45$ tier and never got my key. I’ve been away for a while so I know I’m kinda late but I tried the humble store and it’s not there. I just sent a mail to them. Hope this gets resolved soon cause I’d like to try the game.

Have you followed the steps in the first post of this thread? You should be able to register with Humble, be sure to use the same email address as you used for Kickstarter.

Good luck!

I did that but it says they don’t have any keys on record for this email. I might have changed email at some point during February or march but the change was made on kickstarter and I get the update emails you send all backers so they should have the right one.

You should have received your key from Crate shortly after the Kickstarter and also later from the Humble Store. If the latter did not happen, then your record might not have been transferred into the Humble Store. You can test this by using Crate’s key resender.

Also make sure that the emails do not end up in your junk folder. Crate sends them from [email protected] and Humble Store from [email protected].

1. [li]If they have you on file, the Humble Store should have, too. [/li][ul]
  2. Try their key resender again or just await their response.
    [/ul]
  3. If not, then I assume you used a different email address for your KS pledge.

If the Humble Store team do not find anything for you - please await their response - you might also want to write to [email protected], so that they can look into it. But Humble Store is the primary support for sales queries.

Ok I tried the Crate Key resender and waited 20 minutes but got nothing. When I try the HumbleStore resender I get this:

We received a request to resend your Humble keys. However, we do not have any keys on record for this email address. If you may have used a different email address when you made your purchase, try entering it into the key resender page. Otherwise, please contact us by emailing contact@humblebundle and our support staff will sort things out as soon as possible.

If you did not initiate this request, please disregard this message.

The Humble Bundle Team.

I checked my emails and it goes back to update 24 but I got nothing from sales@crateentertainment or contact@humblebundle. I guess they must have my old email then. I included it in the mail I sent them and told them it’s not valid anymore. Guess I only have to wait for the answer now. I’ll write to support@crateentertainment just to make they have the new one. Thanks for answering and sorry for the troubles.

I have not opted for a Steam-only early-access game, it was not warn, that’s why Crate propose to refund.
Whith this title, Crate seems to begin being Borg’ed.

The title is accurate, it says can now play. That you choose not to play given that it requires Steam is up to you.

Note that if you bought the game via this site or Kickstarter (which I assume you did, otherwise complaining about Steam seems pretty silly…), you still get the release without needing Steam. So you might want to hang on to the game for the DRM-free, Steam-free release.

Personally I’d wager the majority would prefer the final game’s online mode work directly with steam, I’d much rather use my steam friends list than have to make an all new one.

any idea why i joined around last year , and if i readed right i should have acces to alpha??

Depends what package you bought.

If you got any package over the “just the game”, then you should have access. Did you follow the instructions on the first post?

If you got the 20$ version of the game (or is it 18$?) you won’t have access right now. However you will be getting earlier access then usual sometime next year, just not right now.

If you are certain you got a higher tier of the game then you might want to check the thread that talks about activating your steam key going through humble bundle and whatnot. Otherwise you’d have to contact one of the devs/humble bundle and see if you can solve any problem that you might have.

yeah it was the 18 dollar package, well that seems to be the problem them , geusse ill ait bit longer :confused: . thx for the info:(

Is my early access key useless now can I not play this game now and have to pay to get it